Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wuhan marks virus anniversary with denial

Eldorado

Wuhan has long since recovered from the world's first outbreak of Covid-19. It is now being remembered not as a disaster but as a victory, and with an insistence that the virus came from somewhere - anywhere - but here.

From the moment a new, pandemic coronavirus emerged in the same city as a laboratory dedicated to the study of new coronaviruses with pandemic potential, Prof Shi Zhengli has found herself the focus of one of the biggest scientific controversies of our time.

For much of the past year she has met the suggestion that Sars-Cov-2 might have escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology with angry denial.

Full story at the BBC: Link

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I guess UK will have to see a third of the population dead from covid and half the population suffering long term life long complications before putting this kind of nonsense aside and start looking at the science instead of someone else to blame. 

I'm not holding my breath. 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I guess UK will have to see a third of the population dead from covid and half the population suffering long term life long complications before putting this kind of nonsense aside and start looking at the science instead of someone else to blame. 

I'm not holding my breath. 

~

China blocks entry to WHO team studying Covid's origins

Officials say visas not yet approved for World Health Organization delegation due to visit Wuhan

Guardian

• Like 4

Why the WHO's COVID inquiry will get us nowhere

The CCP will do everything it can to deflect the blame for its global pandemic

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4108523

Wuhan families harassed as they fight for their day in court over China Covid cover-up

One year on from Wuhan lockdown families are still searching for answers

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/22/wuhan-families-harassed-fight-day-court-china-covid-cover-up/

China under the Chinese Communist Party is a one-party authoritarian state that systemically curbs fundamental rights. Under President Xi Jinping, the government has deepened repression at home and sought to muzzle critics abroad. It has arbitrarily detained hundreds of human rights defenders and lawyers, tightened control over civil society, media, and the internet, and deployed invasive surveillance technology.

https://www.hrw.org/asia/china-and-tibet

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Why the WHO's COVID inquiry will get us nowhere

Lies will not resurrect those dead from the pandemic, where exactly did you think the inquiry will take you? 

Less deaths from the virus in the future? 

Nailing China will make Britannia great again? 

Or did you think China will pay for all your fish and chips till you die from the virus since the EU is no longer the cash cow you dreamt of.... 

~

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The Origin of COVID-19 and Why It Matters

The COVID-19 pandemic is among the deadliest infectious diseases to have emerged in recent history. As with all past pandemics, the specific mechanism of its emergence in humans remains unknown. Nevertheless, a large body of virologic, epidemiologic, veterinary, and ecologic data establishes that the new virus, SARS-CoV-2, evolved directly or indirectly from a β-coronavirus in the sarbecovirus (SARS-like virus) group that naturally infect bats and pangolins in Asia and Southeast Asia.

Scientists have warned for decades that such sarbecoviruses are poised to emerge again and again, identified risk factors, and argued for enhanced pandemic prevention and control efforts. Unfortunately, few such preventive actions were taken resulting in the latest coronavirus emergence detected in late 2019 which quickly spread pandemically. The risk of similar coronavirus outbreaks in the future remains high.

In addition to controlling the COVID-19 pandemic, we must undertake vigorous scientific, public health, and societal actions, including significantly increased funding for basic and applied research addressing disease emergence, to prevent this tragic history from repeating itself.

Full article at US National Library of Medicine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

In addition to controlling the COVID-19 pandemic, we must undertake vigorous scientific, public health, and societal actions, including significantly increased funding for basic and applied research addressing disease emergence, to prevent this tragic history from repeating itself.

Exactly... but this "tragic" history is not only repeated on a daily basis but is ignored right across the US, UK and Africa... 

Jesus be thou thy vaccine... 

~

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So third_eye, where DID the virus originate? 

Nature...

Is this new more deadly contagious variant spreading from UK and US the UK and US virus? 

~

• Thanks 1

No. It's a mutation of the original.

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I just hope a positive that comes out of all of this is that everyone will be vigilant and ready for the next pandemic.

The next one could be worse.

The next one probably won't be worse but likely less of a problem. 

5 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The next one probably won't be worse but likely less of a problem. 

We have no way to know.

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

We have no way to know.

Well we sorta do. Whilst history doesn't repeat itself it chimes rather well. The likelihood is that it will calm down to a relatively benign virus for the vast majority of the population, like all the other viruses before it. Even this one has a very low mortality rate. But that aside, it is likely it will not be worse next time. At some point another contagious virus may come along and it may even be a high mortality virus next time.

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Well we sorta do. Whilst history doesn't repeat itself it chimes rather well. The likelihood is that it will calm down to a relatively benign virus for the vast majority of the population, like all the other viruses before it. Even this one has a very low mortality rate. But that aside, it is likely it will not be worse next time. At some point another contagious virus may come along and it may even be a high mortality virus next time.

Yep as I said. Next time it could be worse. 

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yep as I said. Next time it could be worse. 

Yes. But unlikely that the  next one will be.

China’s ruling Communist Party has ramped up its efforts to change the narrative around the origin of Covid-19, with the country’s state media now amplifying doubts over the Pfizer vaccine even as Beijing faces pressure of a World Health Organisation (WHO) probe.

After a Chinese government spokesperson claimed that Covid-19 originated from a US army lab, the state media rolled out a string of stories attacking the efficacy of Pfizer vaccine.

msn

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

After a Chinese government spokesperson claimed that Covid-19 originated from a US army lab, the state media rolled out a string of stories attacking the efficacy of Pfizer vaccine.

Childish.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Childish.

Facts;

"But researchers have been more concerned about B.1.351 because it contains a different set of mutations that, at least in lab experiments, had already helped the virus evade......" 

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/25/moderna-vaccine-less-effective-variant/

There might be some  truth in China's claims

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jules99 said:

Facts;

"But researchers have been more concerned about B.1.351 because it contains a different set of mutations that, at least in lab experiments, had already helped the virus evade......" 

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/25/moderna-vaccine-less-effective-variant/

There might be some  truth in China's claims

Care to explain how a different set of mutations equals US army labs?  I would just love to hear it.  Also china is claiming that it originated in US Army labs (bull ****) So how did it infect people on a different continent en mass before it infected anyone in the US?  Sounds pretty implausible or more like ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Care to explain how a different set of mutations equals US army labs?  I would just love to hear it.  Also china is claiming that it originated in US Army labs (bull ****) So how did it infect people on a different continent en mass before it infected anyone in the US?  Sounds pretty implausible or more like ridiculous.

OK I was replying to spartan max2   who was commenting on  "the state media rolled out a string of stories attacking the efficacy of Pfizer vaccine." 

The efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine against B.1.351 is unknown though it is known the Moderna vaccine suffered a "6 fold reduction"

I posted the link earlier, its unrelated to what your talking about..

9 hours ago, jules99 said:

OK I was replying to spartan max2   who was commenting on  "the state media rolled out a string of stories attacking the efficacy of Pfizer vaccine." 

The efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine against B.1.351 is unknown though it is known the Moderna vaccine suffered a "6 fold reduction"

I posted the link earlier, its unrelated to what your talking about..

I wasent going to reply because it seemed like you didn't read the article. But I suppose I will.

Global Times, Chinese state media, suggested that the Pfizer vaccine could be dangerous to elderly people and quoted health exerts raising doubts over the vaccine developed in “haste”.  

The fear mongering was before the variant was even found and has nonething to do with it.

It's just saying it doesn't work because nonething on the west can be "better" than China.

It's childish nationalism. Nonething more.

Of course everyone is worried about vaccines being effective against new mutations (even China's vaccine) but that's not related to the smear campgine.

Edited by spartan max2

On 1/25/2021 at 7:26 PM, OverSword said:

No that is all the people that post in the same threads as you save possibly Manwonlender.  Us.  So please tell us what you think about this subject if you don't agree that it originated in china and likely was accidentally let loose from a bio research lab.

Why is it not okay to call it the "China virus" but the MSM is allowed to call the ‘British and South African Coronavirus variants’ by their origins?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A World Health Organization team looking into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic on Sunday visited the food market in the Chinese city of Wuhan that was linked to many early infections.

The team members visited the Huanan Seafood Market for about an hour in the afternoon, and one of them flashed a thumbs up sign when reporters asked how the trip was going.

Full Fox19 report

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked