Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something I experienced...3

Hyperionxvii

Well, since it's past the witching hour and I'm starting to feel safe to write something, now that the hobgoblins and other critters of the wee hours are sleeping...

I promised myself to not post anymore in between the first and second sleep, but really, not much is going on at my place at this time and it's Friday, so here goes.

I really have not found any explanation for this, so maybe someone can take a guess as to what happened here.

In the early winter of 2001, I was working on a house that I had just bought, getting it ready to move in. Someone had bought this property and built a new home on it, but didn't quite finish the house and for whatever reason, abandoned the project and put it up for sale. I think the realtor told me that the guy had built this place for his son, but then his son moved away to another state or something. Anyway, the house was almost finished, but there were things like none of the lighting in the house and parts of the finished wiring were missing. Like light receptacles with just wires hanging out and wall sockets the same. A few other minor things, steps missing from garage to the house, deck half finished, the space around the house was completely a mess, piles of dirt everywhere, all needed grading, but nothing major really. 

I was going out there after I got off work to work on stuff on the inside. I'd typically get out there around 6PM and it was already dark. The house sit on property that was on a higher elevation than most of the surrounding area, so it was like like big sky country with a clear view in every direction for miles. One night I was out there just standing in the driveway looking at the stars, when I noted a few blinking lights on the horizon, I think there were 3 of them. They were completely stationary and seemed to be at about the exact same height above the horizon. I was just checking them out wondering what they were. They were not any type plane or anything, because they were not moving at all. So I thought, must be some sort of towers. No airports nearby, so what could those be?

A few nights later I was out there and the lights were still there, but then I noticed there were more of them, maybe 5-6 of them. Just spaced out randomly around the horizon in different directions. Just not moving at all, blinking on and off. I thought it was odd, because before there were only 3 of them and all of those were generally in the direction of west/northwest. Now there were 2 almost directly north and one off more to the northeast.

Only a  few nights later, there were more of them! Now there were at least 10 of them, all exactly the same, stationary, blinking on and off, just randomly spaced all round the horizon at seemingly the exact same elevation, which was not very high and seemed it must be some sort of towers.

So then I got really curious and started asking people and I had a couple of guy say 'oh, those are microwave towers'. Seemed legit, but how many are there here? So then I started searching the internet and I could only find that there was one microwave tower I could see from there, maybe 2 at most. 

A couple of days later, I was out there and I took my daughter with me, she would have been 11 at the time. We got out of the car and I said wait before we go in, so I started checking out these lights and there were more of them! Now all of the sudden, more of them popped on and in just a few minutes, these were all around the horizon, there had to be at least 30 of them, all just sitting there blinking on and off! They were all around the horizon in every direction. I started thinking 'What is that? Is there some type of military operation going on here?'. There actually was a couple military bases within 40-50 miles of there. And this was just a few months after 9-11, so I'm just standing there watching all these lights completely around the horizon. Then my daughter says 'Dad, what is that?'. So I said 'I don't really know, it's a little weird'. I actually got the notion to go knock on my neighbors door and ask him to come out and see this. But I had only met the guy once and it was freezing cold and my daughter says she's freezing, so we went inside. And no, at that time, I did not have a cell phone with a camera. I had one of those old flip phones, lol. 

After that, I never saw the lights again, and I lived out there for 7 years. So it was just in that December of 2001 that I saw them. 

I searched the internet for days trying to figure it out and I came up with nothing. Anyone ever see anything like that? Have any idea what it could have been? 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 1

Not trying to bounce this or anything... OK, I am trying that. I am still trying to figure out what that was. Anyone?

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 3:30 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

Not trying to bounce this or anything... OK, I am trying that. I am still trying to figure out what that was. Anyone?

Did this also happen in Indiana?

2 minutes ago, AnaWr said:

Did this also happen in Indiana?

How did you know that? You spying on me, bro?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I replied to another one of your posts about that area in Indiana. I spent days searching for paranormal reports from that place. 

5 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Seriously, why do you think this would have occurred in Indiana? 

Just now, AnaWr said:

I replied to another one of your posts about that area in Indiana. I spent days searching for paranormal reports from that place. 

Who said it was in Indiana? 

2 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Who said it was in Indiana? 

Go to: "Something I Experienced ... 4" ;) I left a comment there.

5 minutes ago, AnaWr said:

Go to: "Something I Experienced ... 4" ;) I left a comment there.

Ah, I see. I did mention Indiana in that post. Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about that.

And yeah, that was in Indiana also. 

And I still have no idea what that was.

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Ah, I see. I did mention Indiana in that post. Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about that.

And yeah, that was in Indiana also. 

And I still have no idea what that was.

That area composed of Lafayette, Peru, Okie Pinokie woods, Wabash town, is known to be a hotspot for cryptid activity. There were many eyewitnesses over the years. Lot of various other anomalies there also: electromagnetic fluctuations, orbs seen with the naked eye, unusual mists that cover only a small parcel of land and form in matter of seconds only to disappear just as fast, etc. Reasearch Okie Pinokie, you'll find interesting things. I'm convinced your friend saw one of those creatures. They are interdimensional and there are many portals in that area of Indiana.

3 minutes ago, AnaWr said:

That area composed of Lafayette, Peru, Okie Pinokie woods, Wabash town, is known to be a hotspot for cryptid activity. There were many eyewitnesses over the years. Lot of various other anomalies there also: electromagnetic fluctuations, orbs seen with the naked eye, unusual mists that cover only a small parcel of land and form in matter of seconds only to disappear just as fast, etc. Reasearch Okie Pinokie, you'll find interesting things. I'm convinced your friend saw one of those creatures. They are interdimensional and there are many portals in that area of Indiana.

BTW, in case you didn't know, Peru there is pronounced 'Pee-ru'.

I never saw anything there that looked like a cryptid. But I did see lots of deer in the middle of the road, which was a total pain in the behind, and a vehicle maintenance nightmare waiting to happen. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii