Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sri Lanka health minister drinks magic potion

Eldorado

Sri Lanka’s health minister, who has faced criticism for consuming and endorsing a herbal syrup made by a sorcerer, has tested positive for Covid-19.

A Health Ministry official confirmed on Saturday that Pavithra Wanniarachchi is the highest-ranking official to be infected with the virus. She and her immediate contacts have been asked to self-quarantine.

Doctors have said there is no scientific basis for the syrup, reportedly containing honey and nutmeg, as a remedy for coronavirus.

Thousands of people formed long queues in the village of Bandara, north-east of the capital, Colombo, in December to obtain the syrup, just days after Ms Wanniarachchi and several other government officials publicly consumed it.

Full monty from PA Media via MSN: Link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I've got some magic beans,wonder if she'd be interested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Sri Lanka’s health minister, who has faced criticism for consuming and endorsing a herbal syrup made by a sorcerer, has tested positive for Covid-19.

A Health Ministry official confirmed on Saturday that Pavithra Wanniarachchi is the highest-ranking official to be infected with the virus. She and her immediate contacts have been asked to self-quarantine.

Doctors have said there is no scientific basis for the syrup, reportedly containing honey and nutmeg, as a remedy for coronavirus.

Thousands of people formed long queues in the village of Bandara, north-east of the capital, Colombo, in December to obtain the syrup, just days after Ms Wanniarachchi and several other government officials publicly consumed it.

Full monty from PA Media via MSN: Link

Some good money have been harvested, well played sorcerer.

I hope there was some colchicine inside

Good grief, just when we thought we had it bad with Donald Trump .... and to think that Sri Lanka was on my bucket list.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:47 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Given the accuracy of PCR testing  I'm still not sure who is right here.

You can test pcr multiple times to eliminate bad results.