Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big Bang as a "switch on" event

qunaquna

This is just something that I've been thinking of lately and would like to hear your opinions. This isn't supposed to be scientific by any means, far from it, at least from my side, but please do throw science here if you see fit.

Lets say the start of universe as we know it was a Big Bang and lets say that as far as we can "see" Big Bang started as singularity and beyong that it's all a mistery to us. What if our universe is actually running on some kind of machine, like a simulation on a computer, just that it isn't simulation but a real thing, with our complete physics as a rules set that was given this machine to work with and create and run this universe. Now when I think about it all like that I'd say that Big Bang and more precisely the singularity was machine (or our universe "program") "switch on" event, a "power on" beyond which there was nothing for us to see or know, because there was nothing, at least nothing we are capable of sensing by any of our senses or intellects. That was the event of releasing energy that powers our universe, from OFF to ON. 

The Black holes? Easy, information output, for this machine/program "user" to see what is going on in his galaxies. 

Would like to hear thoughts on this.

Edited by qunaquna

The big bang never happened.  infinity means infinity and beyond.  There is no start and no finsih line.

If we're speculating for fun then I have a few ideas.

The first being a solipsistic universe, in which only you (the core you) exist and we're all just figments of this one personality, or we are this one person through multiple lives. Meaning  only one "soul" exist, but has many forms. You, I, everyone else is basically the same soul. 

The second idea is that our universe exist within a 4th dimensional bubble (time) in a infinite sea of bubbles that pop into and out of existence. 

• Like 2

"The physicists now are all certain, he said, that all the known processes in nature were once part of a single, unified force. Kinderman paused and then spoke more quietly. I believe that this force was a person who long ago tore himself into pieces because of his longing to shape his own being. That was the Fall, he said, the 'Big Bang': the beginning of time and the material universe when the one became many - legion. And that is why God cannot interfere: evolution is this person growing back into himself.

The sergeant's face was a crinkle of puzzlement. Who is this person? he asked the detective.

Can't you guess? Kinderman's eyes were alive and smiling. I have given you most of the clues long before.

Atkins shook his head and waited for the answer.

We are the Fallen Angel, said Kinderman. We are the Bearer of Light. We are Lucifer."

From William Peter Blatty's Legion.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

The big bang never happened.  infinity means infinity and beyond.  There is no start and no finsih line.

It didn't? I agree that this thing around us, reality or whatever we call it is infinite but I don't think of our part of it, our universe as infinite. 

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The first being a solipsistic universe, in which only you (the core you) exist and we're all just figments of this one personality, or we are this one person through multiple lives. Meaning  only one "soul" exist, but has many forms. You, I, everyone else is basically the same soul. 

The second idea is that our universe exist within a 4th dimensional bubble (time) in a infinite sea of bubbles that pop into and out of existence. 

I don't like the first idea, sounds too religious and egocentric.

I like the second one. Can you elaborate on the second one, what do you mean by poping into and out of existence, where do they come from and go to? 

6 hours ago, qunaquna said:

It didn't? I agree that this thing around us, reality or whatever we call it is infinite but I don't think of our part of it, our universe as infinite. 

No, it didn't go bang!  The only thing that goes bang is the Positive and negative and that isn't creation, that is destruction.   Put yourself into a ps4 game.  When you are walking around a house, is that house there? or are you hitting a program and just your observational realty and existence to vibrate where that is matter told to exist in the matirx?  

“Today a young man on reality realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”

:D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

How are you still on here.:lol:   I like the first one and the second one. 

It is all the univserse is, full of planes of existences for our souls to experience to gain knowledge where one day we become homes for other learned souls.  We live learn and die.  Repeat that infinte times.  Now you understand antifa and the left, they just refuse to learn, so they are stuck here for ever and ever until they learn to play the game.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, qunaquna said:

This is just something that I've been thinking of lately and would like to hear your opinions. This isn't supposed to be scientific by any means, far from it, at least from my side, but please do throw science here if you see fit.

Lets say the start of universe as we know it was a Big Bang and lets say that as far as we can "see" Big Bang started as singularity and beyong that it's all a mistery to us. What if our universe is actually running on some kind of machine, like a simulation on a computer, just that it isn't simulation but a real thing, with our complete physics as a rules set that was given this machine to work with and create and run this universe. Now when I think about it all like that I'd say that Big Bang and more precisely the singularity was machine (or our universe "program") "switch on" event, a "power on" beyond which there was nothing for us to see or know, because there was nothing, at least nothing we are capable of sensing by any of our senses or intellects. That was the event of releasing energy that powers our universe, from OFF to ON. 

The Black holes? Easy, information output, for this machine/program "user" to see what is going on in his galaxies. 

Not an original concept but maybe original for you...so...let's go with that.

This is not a 'simulation' of any kind.  You mentioned Black Holes as an information output and a 'user' and his galaxies.  Makes for a great science fiction movie...but in reality...no.

It doesn't work that way.  In fact, your very thought process for this post is totally dependent on the science fiction theorists of the past.  It is only because of the technology we have today that one would even contemplate such a thing.

Most people want to reason out a Reason why we are here...why the Universe is here.  The question is not; How did all of this get here and why?  There are no answers there.

The only How To reasons have already been illustrated by the great Scientific Minds ...i.e. Physics...how things work and why. 

There is no 'energy' that powers the Universe.   It is all cause and effect.  What we do know is that black holes pull in matter, light, everything...what we do not know is what happens to all of that energy after that.  It is quite easy however to speculate that the energy inside a black hole builds up to a point of singularity which the force of the Black Hole can no longer control and the entire Black Hole releases all of it's energy at once....creating another 'big bang'.  And a brand new Universe comes into existence.  The result would be catastrophic to the existing Universe and the two would meld together  into one...with the old universe remnants pushed further away.  

The Universe has most likely been reborn countless times.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, joc said:

Not an original concept but maybe original for you...so...let's go with that.

This is not a 'simulation' of any kind.  You mentioned Black Holes as an information output and a 'user' and his galaxies.  Makes for a great science fiction movie...but in reality...no.

It doesn't work that way.  In fact, your very thought process for this post is totally dependent on the science fiction theorists of the past.  It is only because of the technology we have today that one would even contemplate such a thing.

Most people want to reason out a Reason why we are here...why the Universe is here.  The question is not; How did all of this get here and why?  There are no answers there.

The only How To reasons have already been illustrated by the great Scientific Minds ...i.e. Physics...how things work and why. 

There is no 'energy' that powers the Universe.   It is all cause and effect.  What we do know is that black holes pull in matter, light, everything...what we do not know is what happens to all of that energy after that.  It is quite easy however to speculate that the energy inside a black hole builds up to a point of singularity which the force of the Black Hole can no longer control and the entire Black Hole releases all of it's energy at once....creating another 'big bang'.  And a brand new Universe comes into existence.  The result would be catastrophic to the existing Universe and the two would meld together  into one...with the old universe remnants pushed further away.  

The Universe has most likely been reborn countless times.  

I'm aware it's not original, for one thing presuming our universe is just one low level is a concept I borrowed from My big Toe, but I was specifically adressing Big Bang, the beginning as a simple switch on - power on. I'm not denying I am a sci-fi fan, thou I'm not familiar with any works that deal with what's beyond Big Bang and Black Holes, do list any works I might find interesting.

No, I'm not implying it's a simulation, but a real thing, that still needs a kind of framework to function on, and rules that apply - all this science mankinds has been decoding all this time.

I am mostly familiar with current theories and findings in the area, at most basic level at least, I'm just speculating some fun sense to it. So if everything that there is gets pulled into a black hole, all the information gets copressed into singularity just like it was before the Big Bang, it must be an information output to some other higher place/dimension, just like the Big Bang singularity could be an information input or injection, a "press on the ON button" to jumpstart our universe. 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "no energy", aren't there forces that govern all interactions? 

That was the event of releasing energy that powers our universe, from OFF to ON. 

22 hours ago, joc said:

There is no 'energy' that powers the Universe.   It is all cause and effect

7 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "no energy", aren't there forces that govern all interactions? 

The Universe is not 'powered' by energy.  The Universe is energy.  Matter is energy.   

7 hours ago, qunaquna said:

So if everything that there is gets pulled into a black hole, all the information gets copressed into singularity just like it was before the Big Bang, it must be an information output to some other higher place/dimension, just like the Big Bang singularity could be an information input or injection, a "press on the ON button" to jumpstart our universe. 

I guess I have no idea what you are really talking about...information output? Higher dimension?  Stick with physics...that's my advice.  You seem to be going out into the weeds looking for answers by forcing things into a contrived box of your own creation.  You consider that fun I guess.  All that really does is confuse the brain.  Focus on what's real, think about what we know is real, apply physics to real knowledge and vice versa...now THAT is fun!  :)

• Like 2

On 1/24/2021 at 11:28 PM, qunaquna said:

I don't like the first idea, sounds too religious and egocentric.

Depends on how you look at it. Consciousness might be an inevitable side effect of the cosmos existing. The idea is more along the lines of reincarnation that anything overtly spiritual or religious. 

I like the second one. Can you elaborate on the second one, what do you mean by poping into and out of existence, where do they come from and go to? 

Just an idea that popped into my head in regards to quantum foam. That we perceive our universe as being huge, it might in fact be very tiny. And our concept of time might seem like forever, but our universe has come and gone. All in a raging foam of possibilities. 

I regards these ideas as just speculations without much of a foundation. Just stuff I think about. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 2:30 PM, qunaquna said:

Shouldn't this be in creative writing or the CT section.

Been more than enough simulation threads here. It's a nothing burger. Replace god with a computer. I mean really, how creative is that actually?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, qunaquna said:

Can you define "singularity"?  I have heard it used to represent different things, usually it implies a black hole, but I have heard it used otherwise.

So far it actually is a mystery, we don't know why or how or when.   

16 hours ago, qunaquna said:

it must be an information output to some other higher place/dimension,

This sentence makes me think you are trying to replace your concept of a god with a machine.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joc said:

The Universe is not 'powered' by energy.  The Universe is energy.  Matter is energy.   

I guess I have no idea what you are really talking about...information output? Higher dimension?  Stick with physics...that's my advice.  You seem to be going out into the weeds looking for answers by forcing things into a contrived box of your own creation.  You consider that fun I guess.  All that really does is confuse the brain.  Focus on what's real, think about what we know is real, apply physics to real knowledge and vice versa...now THAT is fun!  :)

I must use a word "energy" for such an abstract thing or a force, thou not in a traditional physics sense.

I might have not been clear I guess, this thread was not supposed to be about our universe physics, that's a common thing (for some less, for some more). I wanted everyone to speculate beyong singularities of Big Bang and Black holes and as far as I know nobody knows what kind of physics is there of any. What is beyond the mistical. And I simply presented my idea which I tought was simple enough. It was meant to be fun and exchange of interesting speculations. I was looking forward to reading more "theories". Not sure why would it be confusing. 

Edited by qunaquna

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I regards these ideas as just speculations without much of a foundation. Just stuff I think about. 

That's exactly what I was expecting here since we are talking about a totally mistical things.

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Shouldn't this be in creative writing or the CT section.

Been more than enough simulation threads here. It's a nothing burger. Replace god with a computer. I mean really, how creative is that actually?

You might be right and I stand corrected, if anyone can relocate it by all means it should be done.

Not sure why is everyone talking about simulation, there might be some language barrier I can't seem to notice myself as a non native English speaker. I was rather precise about it not being a simulation, I am a real thing, I'm not a simulation. Thou computer simulation might be the best we can do at the moment in constructing a kind of reality withing ours, that might be the cause of this confusion. I don't either think that God or this one single almighty entity is the creator or operator of our universe.

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Can you define "singularity"?  I have heard it used to represent different things, usually it implies a black hole, but I have heard it used otherwise.

So far it actually is a mystery, we don't know why or how or when.   

I can define it only by what I read about it, lously, infinitely small point of highly compressed matter, crushed under strong gravity.

That's exactly what I was aiming for, what could be beyong this mystery. I speculated a rather simple solution - that there was nothing for us beyond it because our universe did not exist, it simply was OFF, when turned ON all there is now simply expanded from this infinitely small point, to us from "thin air", for creatures or mechanisms beyong our universe maybe an eveyday press of a button.

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

This sentence makes me think you are trying to replace your concept of a god with a machine.

Well yes, why not, isn't our universe more like a perfectly sinchronized machine which fine workings are governed by physical laws than a fairytale created by some almighty entity for his amussement? 

2 hours ago, qunaquna said:

You might be right and I stand corrected, if anyone can relocate it by all means it should be done.

I'm new to sure how you came to choose this section for creative writing.

2 hours ago, qunaquna said:

Not sure why is everyone talking about simulation, there might be some language barrier I can't seem to notice myself as a non native English speaker. I was rather precise about it not being a simulation, I am a real thing, I'm not a simulation. Thou computer simulation might be the best we can do at the moment in constructing a kind of reality withing ours, that might be the cause of this confusion. I don't either think that God or this one single almighty entity is the creator or operator of our universe.

When you state:

What if our universe is actually running on some kind of machine, like a simulation on a computer, just that it isn't simulation but a real thing, with our complete physics as a rules set that was given this machine to work with and create and run this universe.

What you are suggesting is intelligent design, designed to look natural aren't you? 

9 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I must use a word "energy" for such an abstract thing or a force, thou not in a traditional physics sense.

I might have not been clear I guess, this thread was not supposed to be about our universe physics, that's a common thing (for some less, for some more). I wanted everyone to speculate beyong singularities of Big Bang and Black holes and as far as I know nobody knows what kind of physics is there of any. What is beyond the mistical. And I simply presented my idea which I tought was simple enough. It was meant to be fun and exchange of interesting speculations. I was looking forward to reading more "theories". Not sure why would it be confusing. 

Well, you did say:

This isn't supposed to be scientific by any means, far from it, at least from my side, but please do throw science here if you see fit.

I wanted everyone to speculate beyong singularities of Big Bang and Black holes and as far as I know nobody knows what kind of physics is there of any.

Actually there is a  plethora of physics information concerning  black holes.   It's your game but I am not understanding why you want to play it...except maybe because you don't know of all the science and physics surrounding Black Holes.  Black Holes are not science fiction.  

So, to me it's like saying, Forget everything you think you know and let's speculate about that not being true and make up something fun instead.  The Universe is not alive.  Maybe there is no other life in the entire universe except for us.  Maybe the universe is full of planets containing life.  But there is no entity or machine that made it happen.  So, speculating about such is kind of silly imho...but it is your fun thread so...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I am not good at speculating on big things like this.  As far as I remember "The Big Bang" is still a theory based on the data we currently have that indicates the universe is expanding, but we don't have all the data and that theory does not explain what happened to cause the big bang, only that it appears that the universe is similar to an huge explosion.  So are you wanting to explore what caused the big bang?

Edited by Desertrat56

I can define it only by what I read about it, lously, infinitely small point of highly compressed matter, crushed under strong gravity.

That's exactly what I was aiming for, what could be beyong this mystery. I speculated a rather simple solution - that there was nothing for us beyond it because our universe did not exist, it simply was OFF, when turned ON all there is now simply expanded from this infinitely small point, to us from "thin air", for creatures or mechanisms beyong our universe maybe an eveyday press of a button.

Thank you.  I just wanted to be sure because some pop culture media has been using that word to describe humans downloading their consciousness into computers.

Well yes, why not, isn't our universe more like a perfectly sinchronized machine which fine workings are governed by physical laws than a fairytale created by some almighty entity for his amussement? 

As much of it as we can understand, I suppose you could interpret it that way, though I don't think it is mechanical, it is more organic and I agree that the fairytale is based on a desire to give up responsibility and magic is just our misunderstandings of how things work.