Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dutch youths torch COVID testing centre

Eldorado

Youths torched a COVID-19 testing center and threw fireworks at police in the central Dutch fishing village of Urk overnight into Sunday.

They were protesting a nationwide curfew that went into effect on Saturday in a bid to rein in the coronavirus pandemic.

The curfew runs from 9:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. local time (2030 to 0330 UTC/GMT) and will remain in place until February 9.

Video footage from Urk shows the youths breaking into the portable test center near the village's harbor before setting it ablaze.

Deutsche Welle report

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Bloody inbreds....

Btw., the curfew runs from 9:00 pm to 4:30 am local time.

• Like 3

Netherlands police clash with rioters in Eindhoven

Rioters set fires in the centre of the southern Dutch city of Eindhoven and pelted police with rocks at a banned demonstration against coronavirus lockdown measures, while officers responded with tear gas and water cannons, arresting at least 30 people.

abc

2mins 49secs RTnews report:

• Like 1

There are many more cities where riots are going on.

I am Dutch, and I have never said this before, but right now I feel ashamed being Dutch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

49 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I am Dutch, and I have never said this before, but right now I feel ashamed being Dutch.

just stay safe man

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2021 at 10:31 AM, Abramelin said:

Bloody inbreds....

Btw., the curfew runs from 9:00 pm to 4:30 am local time.

Do the protesters/rioters just want a end to the curfew? What's their goal here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

Our local shopping centre is covered in graffiti for the first time since the early 1980s.

(covid denial graffiti)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Do the protesters/rioters just want a end to the curfew? What's their goal here?

Exactly who is going to go out at those times apart from going to shops or work? Are they protesting for the sake of protesting?

• Like 1

I told my daughter throughout history, society softens it's out look on criminals and criminal activity.  THEN, for the safety of the majority of the citizens, the law tightens up and punishes perks harshly.   I can see this happening again.  When people are hurting others and their property because they can, the laws have to change.  Getting a slap on the wrist is not working, they are not learning that their behavior is unacceptable. 

21 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Of course there are those who grab any opportunity to cause mayhem.

But there are also many who are convinced that our prime-minister, Rutten, is a dictator!

I tell you, I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes for even an hour.

These fcking IDIOTS are convinced it is all a conspiracy to control us.

Just now I was watching the news on Dutch television, and an old guy, a COVID patient with tubes up his nose, said the best thing I have heard so far: lead these guys around in this emergency department of our hospital (sorry, I forgot the right English word), and let them watch that people are goddamn suffering, dying, from this 'imaginary' disease. And the next image was nurses running to a room where someone was dying from corona.

I tell you all: I am fuming...

I want to hit someone, and I think I know who.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It was on the Dutch news: people who want to create mayhem and destruction are, most often, if not always- our socalled minorities. And of course some white Dutch inbreds and other white idiots who believe in a governmental conspiracy who support them.

Because of the work I do, I am equiped with heavy tools. I use them daily. Believe me, if I ever meet some of these insane idiots, I will 'prune' them, and chop of some of their 'branches'.

Edit:

And of course there are bored teenagers who just want to have some fun.

And.... and a lot of other idiots.

Edited by Abramelin

On 1/25/2021 at 3:18 PM, spartan max2 said:

it has nothing to do with curfew, and those are not Dutch youth,  certain forces just use the situation to riot and destabilize, same way antifa/blm uses police misconduct here. 

i'm starting to think curfews are part of the plan to start such riots, and destabilize countries, because there is 0 evidence any curfew stops or even lowers spread risk . 

Edited by aztek

It's mainly Dutch youth, males in their twenties but also lots of 14/15 year old's. Both natives and immigrants, mixture of football hooligans, people that are genuinely angry at the government and people just being there for the thrill of it. Lots are under the influence of alcohol and drugs, encouraged by their peers. Peer Pressure. Remarkable is that in some cities football hooligans unofficially joined police forces to protect their cities from rioters plundering and damaging the city. 

Source : (Dutch) https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/hooligans-onvervalste-relschoppers-en-mensen-die-oprecht-boos-zijn-wie-zitten-er-achter-de-rellen~acad6655/

In my opinion, what is also in play here, is that there is a lot of anger among Dutch youth, that is coming out now, together with the announcement of the curfew, the fact that the Dutch government banned New year's eve fireworks which is normally a tradition that lots of people, especially Dutch youth, are looking forward to.

Edited by thedutchiedutch

The violence cannot be condoned. 

The wishes of the people who wish to move freely again should also be listened to.

There is a middle and peaceful way.