Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Let's Print Money!

ouija ouija

Inflation is usually the issue, but not the only, another, among many, is what supports that money, etc
Also, apparently printing money to inject in the economy by:

• giving bailouts to companies its considered good policies, as managers are hard workers always financially responsible 
  • giving bailouts to people, its considered bad policies, as individuals are lazy and financially irresponsible

50% of world wealth being controled by less than 50 people in the world, not a problem to inflation/deflation or economy overall.

You make your judgement.

Edited by godnodog

26 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Completely off topic, but in case you missed it they did not refuse to touch the bible.its in the link I provided,  somebody lied to you about this.

Also America is multi theist and not a single religion country,.

And as one very small matter of note there is no magic held in the bible. It is just paper, sometimes leather and ink. Nobody ever in the entire history of the world has ever burst into flames holding a bible. 

However I am a firm believer in the magic of books and I do highly recommend this one as a lighthearted jaunt into the world of paper money and who/what actually controls it.

https://books.google.co.nz/books/about/Making_Money.html?id=dHYl6B5EbLIC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&redir_esc=y

I love Terry Pratchet and that series was my favorite, the first in the series was Going Postal.   And I agree the story is a good description of how we ended up with paper money.   I think some people need to start reading more books and spend less time on conspiracy internet sites.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Completely off topic, but in case you missed it they did not refuse to touch the bible.its in the link I provided,  somebody lied to you about this.

I can think for myself, so no one lied to me. 

Also America is multi theist and not a single religion country,.

Funny because 'they' want a monotheistic world.  

And as one very small matter of note there is no magic held in the bible. It is just paper, sometimes leather and ink. Nobody ever in the entire history of the world has ever burst into flames holding a bible. 

And this is what is wrong with America today.  I'm not religious but even I know how much information is in the kjv bible that explains everything and why they would never touch the bible, and why you say a prayer in a court room they run a mile. 

However I am a firm believer in the magic of books and I do highly recommend this one as a lighthearted jaunt into the world of paper money and who/what actually controls it.

https://books.google.co.nz/books/about/Making_Money.html?id=dHYl6B5EbLIC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&redir_esc=y

just pick and choose what to beleve... I get ya, what fits your narrative!!:)

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I love Terry Pratchet and that series was my favorite, the first in the series was Going Postal.   And I agree the story is a good description of how we ended up with paper money.   I think some people need to start reading more books and spend less time on conspiracy internet sites.

I can find a Terry Pratchett book for almost any situation. 

I do hope the fear mongering and deliberate falsified information on some sites is curbed at some stage.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Memoirs_of_the_AntiChrist/gxbRCQAAQBAJ?hl=en

Best book to read is this.  The truth in this book most people won't understand or get in a hurry.        Most people can't handle the truth so they tend to go off into la la land and just stick to their beliefs especially about money which is nothing more than + and - corporate credit.

Just now, Dreamer screamer said:

I can think for myself, so no one lied to me. 

The information you received was wrong, and the photo you used was manipulated. These are what is commonly referred to as falsehoods or lies. Regardless of what you thought for yourself when you saw them, they are still not true.

Also this post right here is the very last off topic response I will be making in what could well be a very productive thread without the off topic non sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Where does the constitution require you to swear on the Bible?

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Oath_Office.htm

The trouble is is that anyone can come along with a different religion and GOD and swear on their GOD!  however, there are only two gods Lucifer or Jesus.   So like Harris if she never swore on the bible and make that contract with GOD then she has made a contract to not abide by the rules of the Constitution.   The queen took her OATH to GOD and broke that oath, but again what GOD was she swearing an oath too?   You got to understand history and religion big time and what they are doing today.  NO CORPORATION can ever be above GOD!  It says it in the bible and they know it and why they play their silly games because they know the people out there haven't got a clue what is going on.

7 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The trouble is is that anyone can come along with a different religion and GOD and swear on their GOD!  however, there are only two gods Lucifer or Jesus.   So like Harris if she never swore on the bible and make that contract with GOD then she has made a contract to not abide by the rules of the Constitution.   The queen took her OATH to GOD and broke that oath, but again what GOD was she swearing an oath too?   You got to understand history and religion big time and what they are doing today.  NO CORPORATION can ever be above GOD!  It says it in the bible and they know it and why they play their silly games because they know the people out there haven't got a clue what is going on.

Here and this closes the matter:

Theodore Roosevelt did not use the Bible when taking the oath in 1901.[24] Neither did John Quincy Adams, who swore on a book of law, with the intention that he was swearing on the constitution.[25] Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on a Roman Catholic missal on Air Force One.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_of_the_president_of_the_United_States

Took 5 minutes to search and find that.

31 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Oath of Office

It's not in the constitution to swear oath of office on the bible. Just nope. There isn't language in the constitution specific to the Senate Oath of Office in the constitution. There isn't language specific to the VP either. There is specific language for the Oath of Affirmation for president- but there is no mention of a bible or any other holy book as a requirement. Bible is not mentioned in the constitution anywhere. God does not show up either- that whole separation of church and state thing those forefathers were so keen on.

An oddity to your argument too is the whole Lucifer or Jesus thing, Satanists can't touch the bible. You have insisted upon the theories that Lucifer=Jesus, Christians/Vatican invented Lucifer=Jesus, so Christians=Satanists. Now you are choosing that Lucifer isn't Jesus, the bible is a Jesus book that Lucifer folks can't touch... Your theories run roughshod over each other and counter each other. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rashore said:

It's not in the constitution to swear oath of office on the bible. Just nope. There isn't language in the constitution specific to the Senate Oath of Office in the constitution. There isn't language specific to the VP either. There is specific language for the Oath of Affirmation for president- but there is no mention of a bible or any other holy book as a requirement. Bible is not mentioned in the constitution anywhere. God does not show up either- that whole separation of church and state thing those forefathers were so keen on.

An oddity to your argument too is the whole Lucifer or Jesus thing, Satanists can't touch the bible. You have insisted upon the theories that Lucifer=Jesus, Christians/Vatican invented Lucifer=Jesus, so Christians=Satanists. Now you are choosing that Lucifer isn't Jesus, the bible is a Jesus book that Lucifer folks can't touch... Your theories run roughshod over each other and counter tract with each other. 

Not to mention, we have separation of church and state in the constitution which belies any random thought that any federal office should involve any kind of religious book, including the bible.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

In the US they do not have to touch the bible, start listening.

They don't have to touch the bible, why what are they afraid of??? Why won't they touch it???  If it is just a book made up rubbish why can't they touch it???   interesting huh?

The queen has nothing to do with US politics, and she also happens to be the head of the Church of England making it difficult not to have some sort of ceremony involving touching a bible.

The bible is the highest authority, higher than the statutes and codes in America!  No corporation can mess with the bible.  No man under contact can mess with the bible and human being.   The bible has GODS!!!  one Lucifer and one Jesus.  So you say the queen has got something to do with America. She is a major shareholder, but finding that proof is a nightmare. 

seriously, you were mildly entertaining for a while, now you are just embarrassing yourself, your ability to not listen or learn is legendary.

I could say the same for you... but I understand how difficult it is to accept the truth..

• The topic was locked
13 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

They don't have to touch the bible, why what are they afraid of??? Why won't they touch it???  If it is just a book made up rubbish why can't they touch it???   interesting huh?

The bible is the highest authority, higher than the statutes and codes in America!  No corporation can mess with the bible.  No man under contact can mess with the bible and human being.   The bible has GODS!!!  one Lucifer and one Jesus.  So you say the queen has got something to do with America. She is a major shareholder, but finding that proof is a nightmare. 

I could say the same for you... but I understand how difficult it is to accept the truth..

Enough. You have derailed this topic enough. And more. Either keep on with the OP topic in a constructive and sensical manner, or walk away from this discussion. 

And as a reminder to you and everyone, this is the OP topic:

:D

Here in the UK(and I expect many other countries are in the same position), because of covid restrictions, many people are getting poorer by the day. They are not allowed to work and the furlough money or state handouts they receive are nowhere near what their salary was. They are obliged to work their way through whatever savings they have. If this carries on for the rest of the year or even into 2022 there are going to be an awful lot of people on Universal Credit(State handout). People may have to sell their houses but where are they going to live when there aren't enough houses being rented out as it is?. More and more businesses will collapse because people only have money for food and rent, which will put more workers in the same position of hardship. So when the vast majority of citizens are on Universl Credit . . . . . where do we go from there?

This is my question to you: in that situation, what would be wrong in the Treasury printing enough money to bring everyone back to the financial position they were in in March 2020? Surely it would not upset the economy but bring it back to a healthy state again?

• Thanks 2

• The topic was unlocked

yea, sure , why not, lets print more money, but double all the prices,  lets ignore such concept as inflation.

Edited by aztek

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Inflation.  The money will be devalued and will not buy what it did last year.   It is a razor blades edge that leaning either way will be disastrous.   At least you all have a universal credit.  In the U.S. if you can't pay your bills you become homeless or you move in with relatives.   

Not if the government will inject money illegaly printed in the market which can fool the national treasury;)

8 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

The bible is the highest authority, higher than the statutes and codes in America!  No corporation can mess with the bible.  No man under contact can mess with the bible and human being.   The bible has GODS!!!  one Lucifer and one Jesus. 

The Bible also says there is only one God. Why are you messing with the Bible?

9 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

The bible is the highest authority, higher than the statutes and codes in America!  No corporation can mess with the bible.

The First Amendment states otherwise, funny that how works

9 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

No man under contact can mess with the bible and human being.   The bible has GODS!!!  one Lucifer and one Jesus.  So you say the queen has got something to do with America. She is a major shareholder, but finding that proof is a nightmare. 

The Bible says if I buy slaves and they have children, I get to keep them.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Setton said:

Furlough is 80% of salary. If you were spending 80% of your income on essentials pre-pandemic, your finances were already in serious trouble.

80% of the full salary? Or just some component of the salary? 

41 minutes ago, kartikg said:

80% of salary excluding bonuses up to max of £2500 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

26 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

80% of salary excluding bonuses up to max of £2500 

^This

In this thread I was hoping for something 'outside the box', something beyond cries of 'Inflation!'. I have yet to be convinced that in this situation, i.e. the adverse effect covid has had on the finances of the majority, there is a good reason not to reimburse every individual(under a certain level of income. I think we can assume that the queen has not suffered financially over the past year!), to the point they were at at the beginning of the covid outbreak.

I am completely ignorant of how money works in the sense of an economy and I see that as a positive attribute :D. I believe that, as with so many other aspects of society, we are stuck in a rut with regards to the way wealth is distributed. When a new situation arises, we look to the old system for answers . . . . a system that favours the rich every time. It's time for the majority to stop whining and nipping at the ankles of the great beast of economy, (which barely favours them at all), and bite it's 'head' off instead. We need a new system that benefits the majority, the common man, Joe Public . . . . . not those who are rich enough to glide, untouched, over every crisis.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

not those who are rich enough to glide, untouched, over every crisis

hmm they don't glide untouched -- they invariable get richer. Despite what some may say - the economic system is based on 'trickle up' mechanisms. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Setton said:

Furlough is 80% of salary. If you were spending 80% of your income on essentials pre-pandemic, your finances were already in serious trouble.

18 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The bank of England is already printing money, except that term tends to frighten the horses so its called QE or quantitative easing.

But its not given out to all, the idea is companies can easily find loans and invest which creates more jobs.

Governments around the world like it as they don't need to make big changes in tax and spend policy to stimulate the economy. Paying to business also creates a long term fix, a bit like paying to dig a water well rather than paying out for bottles of water. 

The well is still there and providing water after the same money spent on water bottles has all been used up and the water gone. 

20 hours ago, Grey Area said:

It’s a difficult issue indeed.

Unfortunately printing more money won’t solve the problem, the more money you print the less value it will have.  If we existed in isolation then that would be fine, but if the U.K. were able to print money and not have it devalue the pound why stop at the status quo why not print enough to last us another two lockdowns, three, four?  Hell why not enough to buy the whole world out of debt?

The problem is if money has no finite value, as it wouldn’t if we could just print what we need, commodities have no value, or their price then alters to reflect the new monetary value.

Plus I think there are many third world countries that have been through famines and wars that would have loved to have been able to print enough money to provide for its citizens.

There is no easy answer to this, no quick fix.  What I do believe is there should be a global approach to the economy as this has effected everyone, but something tells me that China, having massive financial reserves, probably would not play ball.

@Setton : Precisely! So why make things even worse for people when they are already hanging on by their fingernails? :cry:

@L.A.T.1961 : Creating new jobs is all well and good but it doesn't help everyone. Plus, people are in financial trouble now, some aren't in a position to wait a month+ for a paycheck. 

@Grey Area : Firstly, I don't think a global approach to the economy is a good idea . . . in my view, the bigger a group becomes the less it is able to agree and the more it loses touch with the common man, plus, countries are so very different from each other. The lives of the people at the 'lower' end of the scale are what interest me. Secondly, I still don't see why printing more money automatically means it has less value. I think we need to see money as something that enables people to live decent lives, indeed, to live and not simply survive. This would benefit the whole of society. The provision of goods and services is not a fixed amount(although I would agree that it has it's boundaries). Of course it would be foolish to print money for lockdowns that haven't happened yet, but why shouldn't the world be made immediately debt free? I ask that as a serious question.

With regard to Third World countries experiencing famine and war, I have a sneaking suspicion that their governments couldn't care less about what happens to their citizens and are only interested in providing even more wealth to the wealthy few. If they wanted to they could make conditions so much better for the majority. Same goes for this country's government.

I understand that there needs to be limits, BUT, I believe they need to be a lot more flexible and creative AND they need to favour the majority a lot more than they do.

17 hours ago, godnodog said:

Inflation is usually the issue, but not the only, another, among many, is what supports that money, etc
Also, apparently printing money to inject in the economy by:

• giving bailouts to companies its considered good policies, as managers are hard workers always financially responsible 
  • giving bailouts to people, its considered bad policies, as individuals are lazy and financially irresponsible

50% of world wealth being controled by less than 50 people in the world, not a problem to inflation/deflation or economy overall.

You make your judgement.

I disagree with your assessment of 'managers are hard workers, always financially responsible'/ 'individuals are lazy and financially irresponsible' . . . . even if you are speaking in very general terms. (Don't tell me, you are a manager! :lol:)

My judgement is that we desperately need some new thinking on the subject.

17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am a Terry Pratchett fan too :D I have all his books.

11 hours ago, aztek said:

yea, sure , why not, lets print more money, but double all the prices,  lets ignore such concept as inflation.

Why does doubling prices have to automatically be connected to printing money? Are you suggesting that 'the concept of inflation' is absolutely perfect in every situation?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Why does doubling prices have to automatically be connected to printing money? 

because this is how it works.  when your currency value drops prices go up.  sure you do not think, printing  money not backed by anything will not affect its value?? oh wait you do

Edited by aztek

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far . . . .  you have got me thinking! :)

• Like 2