Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Kirk Douglas Risked It All

Michelle

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Would you also include all the hateful things said about white people in recent years?

How are you deriving from my post that I was only talking about one particular race? What makes you think that is what I meant with my post?  Were you a victim of some type of racism in your past to make you want to post such a indirect question to me?

wow someone is triggered,  he asked legit question,  since in real world today, talking racist crap about whites is not only goes unpunished, but encouraged, and even becomes official policies, to my knowledge not once a black person was punished for being racist towards whites in the same degree like it is done to whites,  not even close, so it is pretty clear to anyone when some one rants about racism and hate speech it is exclusively about whites being the racists,   your  response to his question answers it perfectly.  as well as your stance. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, aztek said:

wow someone is triggered,  he asked legit question,  since in real world today, talking racist crap about whites is not only goes unpunished, but encouraged, and even becomes official policies, to my knowledge not once a black person was punished for being racist towards whites in the same degree like it is done to whites,  not even close, so it is pretty clear to anyone when some one rants about racism and hate speech it is exclusively about whites being the racists,   your  response to his question answers it perfectly.  as well as your stance. 

So basicly black people caught up being equal when it comes to racism. Took them only few centuries. Now they have to work on getting the same, equal, treatment when it comes to crime, like not getting shot because of a misdemeoner crime or not being locked up for 20 years. 

Anyway, I just read the artical from OP and looked up some other info. It is kind of misleading, the OP with Hollywood cancel culture. Back in the McCarthy days, as far as I could read, anyone who had more social views was accused by the Republicans as being a comunist. Hollywood back then was led by hardcore right wing Republicans like Disney, Wayne, Reagen...

What has changed? Well, yes, thanks to people like the legend, Kirk Douglas, Hollywood does not allow facist pressure anymore. Maybe that is why the same Republicans call out anyone socialy oriented within Hollywood still comunists, child eaters, perverts...

Hollywood has changed, when will the Republicans change?

• Like 1

Is asking questions to understand someone else's thinking mean I've been triggered or did we just witness the other making emotional accusations become triggered by my questions? When someone accuses bias against whites out of my post, but my post never mentions any specific race or group, why would they specifically think that and make such accusations? What is causing their knee-jerk emotional response? Is it truly my post about racism and racist hate speech in general or a deep guilt in their subconscious thoughts to lash out in defense to feel justified with a - hey no fair, no fair, whites get just as much racist hate - type of response?

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Katniss said:

How are you deriving from my post that I was only talking about one particular race? What makes you think that is what I meant with my post?  Were you a victim of some type of racism in your past to make you want to post such a indirect question to me?

I was just checking because many do not think racism against white people is possible.    I believe racism against any race is possible.   The effects were not the same in the past but it's still there.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I was just checking because many do not think racism against white people is possible.    I believe racism against any race is possible.   The effects were not the same in the past but it's still there.  

That is true. There is racism against white people. And white people are pushing back, which is understandible. But other groups endoured racism from white people since centuries and it is still going on. It's not a nice feeling, the racism, right?

And still, if others kneel, raise their voices, take to the streets with BML banners, the white man still does not understand or does not want too. They are called "un-American", just what they called the Hollywood Ten.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, odas said:

That is true. There is racism against white people. And white people are pushing back, which is understandible. But other groups endoured racism from white people since centuries and it is still going on. It's not a nice feeling, the racism, right?

And still, if others kneel, raise their voices, take to the streets with BML banners, the white man still does not understand or does not want too. They are called "un-American", just what they called the Hollywood Ten.

Some of that is not true.   I knew many white men who protested over the summer months.   I supported it until the violence, looting and destruction started.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

It does happen. It has even happened to me although I am not entirely white. Mixed. I've witnessed on rare occasions in a few Southern schools I went to when one white group stirs racist tensions between them and a black group, but then later on the black group speaks hatefully to all whom look white in the entire school. So a chain reaction of racism promoting racism from both sides. But I also agree with Odas that white people have not suffered as much racism as other races throughout history.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Some of that is not true.   I knew many white men who protested over the summer months.   I supported it until the violence, looting and destruction started.  

Yes, many white men and women are protesting too, in fact sometimes it looked like there were only white people. And that is a huge step forward. As for the looting and destruction of property none sane would support it and that was not part of the protests. Big mistake from BLM was not to distance themself immidately from those looters, big mistake from media not to report unbiased and big mistake from Trump to exploit that against an otherwise peacefull and justified protest.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Gromdor said:

Colin Kaepernick could have really used guys a few years back....

Na, he just needed to be a better quarter back. You cant take such strong stances against the beliefs of many of your fans, and suck. It was the combination of the two that did him in. Though nike made sure he stayed comfy, so much for being anti capitalist I guess lol. 

BTW a couple teams tried to hire him, he turned their offers down. He wanted to get paid like a top 5 QB, even though he was back up quality at best by that point. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, odas said:

Yes, many white men and women are protesting too, in fact sometimes it looked like there were only white people. And that is a huge step forward. As for the looting and destruction of property none sane would support it and that was not part of the protests. Big mistake from BLM was not to distance themself immidately from those looters, big mistake from media not to report unbiased and big mistake from Trump to exploit that against an otherwise peacefull and justified protest.

I think the destruction from these riots is WAY understated. They caused more damage than any other political riots in history. Hundreds of billions in damage. Many lives lost. This was mostly ignored even while it was happening. These riots were not mostly peaceful. They were mostly a horrific stain on this country that targeted innocent people and property. 

While the capital riot was just as pathetic, at least they were going after the people who are the problem. They weren't shooting little girls in a parking lot.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I think the destruction from these riots is WAY understated. They caused more damage than any other political riots in history. Hundreds of billions in damage. Many lives lost. This was mostly ignored even while it was happening. These riots were not mostly peaceful. They were mostly a horrific stain on this country that targeted innocent people and property. 

While the capital riot was just as pathetic, at least they were going after the people who are the problem. They weren't shooting little girls in a parking lot.

This is very true.  In a city 20 minutes north of me (250,000 people).   they had organized protests.   The city was not burned down, but there was destruction, violence and looting.  Windows were broken.   Large ceramic pots that were put in place to decorate the sidewalks were broken.  A couple stores were broken into and looted.   It was enough that the planned protest in the city I live in (10,000 people) took notice.   Store owners guarded each others stores.  Citizens protected each others property.  No incidents were reported.   Many protesters didn't like the way it felt and the protest didn't last as long as it was planned to.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

No, people are people, diverse opinions gained from their own life and experiences, accept that and get over yourself. I don't want you to tell me how to think and speak, and I don't want to tell you how to think or speak.

And verbally abused people are now fighting back against demeaning racist comments and verbal abuse from mouthy hateful bullies. Whether you like that or not, that is the way things are now. So get over yourself as well and learn deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1