Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Family plagued by 'haunted' doll carriage

32 posts in this topic

Still Waters

It sounded like someone was knocking on the walls.

That’s how Whitney Merritt describes the beginning of the nearly three weeks of alleged paranormal activity her family endured after receiving a Christmas present last month.

The present was a vintage doll carriage. Her mother had gotten it from a friend of a friend and had gifted it to Whitney’s daughter, where it sat by the Christmas tree for the first few days.

The knocking, Whitney says, began at the beginning of the year. They would hear it on the walls of their Brandon home which they have recently moved into. The sounds grew so loud that on two occasions, Whitney walked to the front door thinking someone was outside.

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/01/25/family-believes-christmas-present-unleashed-paranormal-activity-their-brandon-home/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

OverSword

Okay, that is NOT a vintage doll carriage.  Look at the spokes of the wheels.  Plastic.  It's a retro doll carriage.  I think they're just trying to scam someone by selling a doll carriage for way more than it's worth.  Good story though.

Edited by Saru
Removed image due to copyright - can be viewed in source.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

papageorge1

Read the article. Sounds like a flurry of activity over a short period. 

Papameter Reading

70% Paranormal      20% All Natural      10% Hoax

Factors: Old toys have a precedence of attracting activity. I respect the intelligence of regular people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

moonman

"carriage is now for sale -  $65"

Complete load of BS to sell an ugly present they probably didn't want in the first place. Anybody who sells "haunted" garbage is full of ****.

If they really believed it was "haunted", getting rid of it ASAP would be priority #1, not selling it on facebook.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

openozy

I think the wheels aren't original, they don't match the rest. A bit of an elaborate story if it's just to sell the pram, I think this story is genuine.

• Thanks 1

the13bats

The story screams made up BS, and while a bit of surveillance cam could have yielded more evidence than what we now have, nothing but stories they of course didnt try to do stuff to solve any of the claims they just jump to "it must be haunted" so if they really believed the carriage haunted and could harm people its pretty darn heinous and evil to try to sell it.

openozy
4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

so if they really believed the carriage haunted and could harm people its pretty darn heinous and evil to try to sell it.

Why, they have informed people they believe it's haunted so it's a buyer beware situation.

the13bats
49 minutes ago, openozy said:

Why, they have informed people they believe it's haunted so it's a buyer beware situation.

Doesnt change the fact of a person tries to profit off something they believe harmful in this manner it makes those profiteers look like lowlife bottomfeeders to me, down right evil.

And if a person is selling something claimilng its haunted and dont guarantee their claims you know pulling the cop out " it doesnt work like that" they are simply imnsho charlstans like the warrens.

openozy
1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Doesnt change the fact of a person tries to profit off something they believe harmful in this manner it makes those profiteers look like lowlife bottomfeeders to me, down right evil.

And if a person is selling something claimilng its haunted and dont guarantee their claims you know pulling the cop out " it doesnt work like that" they are simply imnsho charlstans like the warrens.

They are asking $65, it's worth that as a pot plant stand, if they were asking $10 000 you could compare them to the Warrens.

• Like 1

the13bats
3 minutes ago, openozy said:

They are asking $65, it's worth that as a pot plant stand, if they were asking $10 000 you could compare them to the Warrens.

Price doesnt make any difference they are "selling" it, if they really thought it had magically powers that could harm then they are evil for trying to profit off it.

However, you are correct they are different type charlatans compared to the warrens who didnt resell alleged haunted items but kept them locked away and refused to even show the stuff due to safety reasons so while a type of lowlife even the warrens were not this low.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

openozy
10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Price doesnt make any difference they are "selling" it, if they really thought it had magically powers that could harm then they are evil for trying to profit off it.

However, you are correct they are different type charlatans compared to the warrens who didnt resell alleged haunted items but kept them locked away and refused to even show the stuff due to safety reasons so while a type of lowlife even the warrens were not this low.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

I think the price does matter, they could have made a lot more off idiots who think possessed items are a good thing for whatever reason.They are not charlatans in any way, they are simply selling an item at a reasonable price and pre warning the new buyers. I'd call them honest people.

the13bats
28 minutes ago, openozy said:

I think the price does matter, they could have made a lot more off idiots who think possessed items are a good thing for whatever reason.They are not charlatans in any way, they are simply selling an item at a reasonable price and pre warning the new buyers. I'd call them honest people.

Well we both have our own different opinions, these bottomfeeders are using b.s.  to get attention and try to sell an item that was a gift, these type people are charlatans.

Edited by the13bats

openozy
10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Well we both have our own different opinions, these bottomfeeders are using b.s.  to get attention and try to sell an item that was a gift, these type people are charlatans.

They are not at all.

the13bats
3 minutes ago, openozy said:

They are not at all.

Youre opinion,  not mine.

People who use made up BS haunted stories to get,attention to try to flip junk are charlatans.

openozy
Just now, the13bats said:

Youre opinion,  not mine.

People who use made up BS haunted stories to get,attention to try to flip junk are charlatans.

True, but that doesn't apply in this case.

the13bats
1 hour ago, openozy said:

True, but that doesn't apply in this case.

Yes, 

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

People who use made up BS haunted stories to get,attention to try to flip junk are charlatans

Certainly does apply to this and any case where someone is seeking attention and worse profits from made up BS claims IE: haunted item.

openozy
37 minutes ago, the13bats said:

made up BS claims

It's only BS to you because you have no experiences to compare it with.

• Like 1

the13bats
19 minutes ago, openozy said:

It's only BS to you because you have no experiences to compare it with.

Its BS because a person is using the idea of a haunted object to gain attention and profit, of course if i missed all the proof of their claims please do post it and i will reconsider my opinion but for now im good.

papageorge1
7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Its BS because a person is using the idea of a haunted object to gain attention and profit, of course if i missed all the proof of their claims please do post it and i will reconsider my opinion but for now im good.

If there is any truth to your theory, they are going through a lot of effort for a $65 asking price. I tend to think their experiences are being told honestly but that is our usual difference of opinion.

• Thanks 1

Matt221

Bit pricey just to put plants in unless there's summut special about it

moonman
1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Bit pricey just to put plants in unless there's summut special about it

It was in the family of some biker guy that died, he's automatically haunting it, so there's that. I guess he really, REALLY loved one of his kid's ugly old girly toys for some reason. You should see the trouble his old coffee maker causes - and don't even get me started on the plunger he touched once. SPOOKY.

It really bugs me when people make these claims about some object, they hear about some random person that probably never even touched the thing, and go OH MY GOD IT MUST BE HIM HAUNTING US. It makes no logical sense. If it was the guy's motorcycle he loved and died on, sure - but some ugly pram his kid had? No.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TashaMarie

I must admit the start of the story (knocking on walls and sounding like its the door) sounded like it came from The haunting of hill house, though I am sure there are plenty of films/tv shows with the same kind of thing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If there is any truth to your theory, they are going through a lot of effort for a $65 asking price. I tend to think their experiences are being told honestly but that is our usual difference of opinion.

Get real, you think everything is likely paranormal and everyone is honest, people make up ghost stories etc for far less than 65 bucks, some crave the attention,

This pram isnt special or nice and as far as desirable antiquities go its got cheesy plastic wheels,  so hacked.

The entire point of the article is attention to flip an item claimed to be haunted so again price doesnt matter,  my theory or rather my opinion is very strong, it doesnt matter to me if a few blind believes disagree my opinion shouldnt matter to them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

the13bats
2 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I must admit the start of the story (knocking on walls and sounding like its the door) sounded like it came from The haunting of hill house, though I am sure there are plenty of films/tv shows with the same kind of thing.  

Yep, betty and barney hill famous alleged alien abduction case, bettys early descriptions of the aliens were they looked like Jimmy Durante, her description changed right after outer limits had an alien episode aire.

Its not shock that people mimic movies for their ghost stories, too bad they use well dedunked frauds for profit like Amityville.

• Like 3

Jon the frog
On 1/27/2021 at 1:15 PM, moonman said:

"carriage is now for sale -  $65"

Complete load of BS to sell an ugly present they probably didn't want in the first place. Anybody who sells "haunted" garbage is full of ****.

If they really believed it was "haunted", getting rid of it ASAP would be priority #1, not selling it on facebook.

Yep burn the s*** !

• Like 2