Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
spartan max2

Biden orders end of private prisons.

spartan max2

Biden orders Justice Dept. to end use of private prisons

President Joe Biden on Tuesday ordered the Department of Justice to end its reliance on private prisons and acknowledge the central role government has played in implementing discriminatory housing policies.

In remarks before signing the orders, Biden said the U.S. government needs to change “its whole approach” on the issue of racial equity. He added that the nation is less prosperous and secure because of the scourge of systemic racism.

“We must change now,” the president said. “I know it’s going to take time, but I know we can do it. And I firmly believe the nation is ready to change. But government has to change as well.”

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-race-and-ethnicity-prisons-coronavirus-pandemic-c8c246f00695f37ef2afb1dd3a5f115e

The deets.

The order to end the reliance on privately-run prisons directs the attorney general not to renew Justice Department contracts with privately operated criminal detention facilities. The move will effectively revert the Justice Department to the same posture it held at the end of the Obama administration.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

aztek

19.1% of the federal prison population in the United States is housed in private prisons and 6.8% of the U.S. state prison population is housed in private prisons.

so it does not apply to states

spartan max2
1 hour ago, aztek said:

so it does not apply to states

Executive orders have limited power.

Autochthon1990

Good, the moment scenes like...

original.png

That started popping up, I knew this **** had gone too damn far. You'd see the same scene in the 1800s before the Emancipation Proclamation. 

aztek

what is wrong with that scene??? how is it different from inmates working at prison factories? and what is wrong with inmates working at all???  

not that it would stop anyway, this is not limited to private prisons, state federal prisons do the same thing.

Edited by aztek

Hammerclaw

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

• Haha 1

Buzz_Light_Year
17 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Good, the moment scenes like...

original.png

That started popping up, I knew this **** had gone too damn far. You'd see the same scene in the 1800s before the Emancipation Proclamation. 

Are you even aware that some prisons grow their own food to offset cost.

Nothing like an image to substantiate ones narrative without having any knowledge of what the image is actually portraying.

If you had actually checked out the image link you'd seen that the image is from Angola.

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/af9dkb0D0169fz1amBM-yYRcgXo=/152x98:1795x1022/720x405/filters:format(png)/media/img/mt/2015/09/Still2_Angola/original.png

Too funny....

• Like 3

Peter B
38 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Nothing like an image to substantiate ones narrative without having any knowledge of what the image is actually portraying.

If you had actually checked out the image link you'd seen that the image is from Angola.

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/af9dkb0D0169fz1amBM-yYRcgXo=/152x98:1795x1022/720x405/filters:format(png)/media/img/mt/2015/09/Still2_Angola/original.png

Too funny....

Sorry, just wanted to check - if the photo is from Angola, why does the jacket of the man on the horse read "Correctional Officer" when the official language of Angola is Portuguese?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buzz_Light_Year
21 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Sorry, just wanted to check - if the photo is from Angola, why does the jacket of the man on the horse read "Correctional Officer" when the official language of Angola is Portuguese?

Good point and that caught my eye also. I'm wrong on it being from Angola. It's probably from Angola prison in Louisiana.

Bookmark this as you probably won't see me admit to being wrong again. lol. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Autochthon1990
1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Too funny....

Burl Cain, the warden of Angola Prison, which is in Louisiana, has created a controversial model for rehabilitation.