Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The bizarre 'UFO patents' of Salvatore Pais

UM-Bot

Been doing some reading on this subject (outside of this thread), and I'm still having a hard time determining whether any of this is real.

Does anyone know?

Edited by pallidin

On 1/28/2021 at 6:43 AM, pallidin said:

Been doing some reading on this subject (outside of this thread), and I'm still having a hard time determining whether any of this is real.

Does anyone know?

Me to. Cant completely tell, but it is sure fascinating!

• Like 1

yeah, like the Naval Air Warfare Center are going to waste time & money on this! ...who puts this crap info out there!?:sleepy:

On 1/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, UM-Bot said:

the US Navy has invested large sums into the development of several 'out there' technologies.

Really?  How much exactly? - the Navy, just like other defence forces, has to present a balance sheet every year...

A patent being assigned to the Navy means absolutely nothing - anyone can assign/donate their patent to whoever they want.  Pais has worked for the Navy, but his patents, strangely, have never amounted to anything.

He has been covered before, try here:

and from his Wiki:

His patent applications on behalf of his employers have attracted international attention for their futuristic-sounding technology and potential military and energy-producing applications, but have also led to speculation that they may be misinformation intended to mislead the United States' strategic adversaries about the direction of United States defense research.

Go figure.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

An update, after I was researching something similar....

On 1/28/2021 at 10:43 PM, pallidin said:

Does anyone know?

No, it's not real, and hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars were wasted. From here:

The US Navy has finally spoken out:

Timothy Boulay, Communications Director at NAWCAD, confirmed several points to The War Zone by email:

- The High Energy Electromagnetic Field Generator testing occurred from October 2016 through September 2019;

- The cost was $508,000 over the course of three years. Around ninety percent of the total - $462,000 - was for salaries, while the rest was used for equipment, test preparation, testing and assessment.

- When NAWCAD concluded testing in September 2019, the “Pais Effect” could not be proven.

- No further research has been conducted, and the project has not transitioned to any other government or civilian organization.

Gee, now there's a sad surprise...  I must be psychic...........

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

Why did half my post disappear? Again... Black budget? Do you actually think that all the money spent on

<_< is there a reason I keep getting cut off after i say "secret projects" ?

Black budget? Do you actually think that all the money spent on "sp's" is shared with the public or something? So what do you think about the amount of money the government used to train remote viewers and crap like that? In fact i remember the 90s when the transparency vanished. One day it was on the news, the army showcasing thier revolutionary invisibility cloaking, the next it didnt exist and the news stopped showcasing military technologies. Now i look it up and here is the same thing... https://futurism.com/the-byte/watch-invisibility-cloak-military-use     only 25 years later. You would be really really silly to think us general public have any clue what kind of projects tax dollars are funding now.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

So what do you think about the amount of money the government used to train remote viewers and crap like that?

the NSA waisted 20 thousand on me 35 years ago.. i didn't pass the first exam. in fact i didn't even get to the exam room- i got lost 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

<_< is there a reason I keep getting cut off after i say "secret projects" ?

From what I can see above, I suspect you've simply encountered a bug in the editor...  If a moderator removes a post, there will be no trace visible to us (but Saru can still see the logs..), and if they edit it, you'll see a note to that effect.  You're not being censored.

Black budget? Do you actually think that all the money spent on "sp's" is shared with the public or something?

No, of course there are secrets (where possible..) but:

1. Claiming that the lack of something proves that there is something, is a bit silly.

2. Given the amount of public, private and commercial surveillance that now goes on, with cameras *everywhere*, don't you think that things like an invisibility cloaking device would eventually get exposed?  'Invisibility' does not and cannot result in a perfect 'disappearance'.

3. Given the Interwebz and social media and all the OTHER countries and governments and science research bodies that are NOT under the control of the USgov, don't you think that eventually there will be exposure / whistleblowers?  You can't keep stuff covered up forever.  If it affects reality, then eventually the truth will out..

So what do you think about the amount of money the government used to train remote viewers and crap like that?

You find it hard to believe that a gov't wastes money and follows up on stupid ideas, just in case?  Really?  This very thread contains a good example of that.

In fact i remember the 90s when the transparency vanished. One day it was on the news, the army showcasing thier revolutionary invisibility cloaking, the next it didnt exist and the news stopped showcasing military technologies. Now i look it up and here is the same thing... https://futurism.com/the-byte/watch-invisibility-cloak-military-use     only 25 years later.

And it still has all the issues and faults that they cannot overcome..  This tech can only be used in a very limited range of situations, and usually only over a limited range of viewing angles - you can't escape parallax...

You would be really really silly to think us general public have any clue what kind of projects tax dollars are funding now.

And even sillier to speculate on that basis, that the impossible is possible.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

From what I can see above, I suspect you've simply encountered a bug in the editor...  If a moderator removes a post, there will be no trace visible to us (but Saru can still see the logs..), and if they edit it, you'll see a note to that effect.  You're not being censored.

No, of course there are secrets (where possible..) but:

1. Claiming that the lack of something proves that there is something, is a bit silly.

2. Given the amount of public, private and commercial surveillance that now goes on, with cameras *everywhere*, don't you think that things like an invisibility cloaking device would eventually get exposed?  'Invisibility' does not and cannot result in a perfect 'disappearance'.

3. Given the Interwebz and social media and all the OTHER countries and governments and science research bodies that are NOT under the control of the USgov, don't you think that eventually there will be exposure / whistleblowers?  You can't keep stuff covered up forever.  If it affects reality, then eventually the truth will out..

You find it hard to believe that a gov't wastes money and follows up on stupid ideas, just in case?  Really?  This very thread contains a good example of that.

And it still has all the issues and faults that they cannot overcome..  This tech can only be used in a very limited range of situations, and usually only over a limited range of viewing angles - you can't escape parallax...

And even sillier to speculate on that basis, that the impossible is possible.

Claiming that lack of something proves there is something? Are we even talking about the same thing? Are you purporting that the huge amount of money funneling to secret projects mean... There are none? What?

And no **** the cloak was exposed it was on the news in the 90s. What are you getting at... That the military was lying and filmed an elaborate hoax (i mean they actually showed it in use, just looked like heat waves)  to be honest i am not sure i should even have responded to that baseless heap of nonsense.

Why on earth would you think i find it hard to believe that the gov "wastes money" on things you find insignificant or consider impossible? Clearly you are just trolling me with all those pointless unrelated pseudo arguments.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:15 AM, Nnicolette said:

And no **** the cloak was exposed it was on the news in the 90s. What are you getting at... That the military was lying and filmed an elaborate hoax (i mean they actually showed it in use, just looked like heat waves)  to be honest i am not sure i should even have responded to that baseless heap of nonsense.

Just one thing that I shall grace with a reply.  When I explained the major flaw with invisibility cloaks (the one that makes them virtually useless) I politely even gave you a hint - PARALLAXThat demonstration was from a single viewpoint.  One single observer location....

Now, may I suggest that before you accuse others of baseless nonsense, that you THINK about that.  Imagine two observers at different locations, such that their viewing angles are different. {insert 5 minutes think music here}

Still not getting it?  OK, next, google 'parallax' and learn what it means and see if you can apply it to how invisibility systems (try to) work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, ChrLzs said:

An update, after I was researching something similar....

No, it's not real, and hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars were wasted. From here:

Gee, now there's a sad surprise...  I must be psychic...........

Fair comments, but of course new technologies require testing and development,

Many never work to a practical level, but a few are spectacularly   successful 

Ie yes a lot of money is spent on research and development, but just because a project doesn't succeed doesn't mean the money was wasted.

If we took that attitude no "unusual"   research and development  would ever be funded. Darpa is a good one for researching and testing new technologies and it has had some real successes. 

https://www.itpro.co.uk/technology/34730/10-amazing-darpa-inventions

https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2016-12-28

ps i just read that Australian scientists have developed a system which makes ships invisible to radar 

Scientists develop cloaking device to make whole Royal Australian Navy invisible to radar. It sounds like science fiction but after more than a decade Aussie scientists have developed a cloaking device that can make a whole ship invisible.5 days ago

Darpa and BAE systems both developed visual  and thermal stealth technology some years ago, It works  by adapting a vehicle's surface to blend in with it's background either visually or thermally 

ADAPTIV – a unique camouflage system

Imagine making a tank invisible with a cloaking device that is capable of masking the vehicle’s infrared signature to enemy eyes, and the significant advantages this would hold on the battlefield.

It sounds more like a scene from a Harry Potter movie, but BAE Systems is making the reality possible by developing a unique camouflage system called ADAPTIV, that allows a vehicle to blend into its surroundings, effectively becoming invisible to hostile thermal imaging systems.

With peacekeeping operations now often taking place in deserts, as well as forests and towns all in the same day, ADAPTIV is capable of shielding large pieces of military equipment from detection by allowing vehicles to mimic the temperature of their surroundings to suit varying terrain. It can also make a tank look like other objects, such as a cow or a car, or bushes and rocks.

Innovation Adaptiv Car Signature

Who created ADAPTIV?

ADAPTIV was developed and patented in Sweden after FMV and the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration commissioned BAE Systems in Örnsköldsvik to produce full-scale technology for land vehicles to avoid detection from thermal sensor systems.

After three years of challenging research, a project team of seven people, with expertise in the fields of problem solving, software, sensors, electronics and design, developed this unique solution.

Adaptiv - Peter Sjolund

How the technology works.

The high tech camouflage system uses modules, which look like cells in a honeycomb to cover the flanks of an armoured vehicle. The modules are made of elements that can be cooled or heated up very quickly as well as controlled individually, allowing different patterns to be created.

The vehicle essentially works like a chameleon, able to mimic its surroundings, or copy other objects such as trucks and cars that can be projected onto the panels from a detailed image bank. The vehicle is also able to signal peaceful intend through flashing text messages across its flank or by creating patterns that can easily be recognized by friendly force

https://www.baesystems.com/en-us/feature/adativ-cloak-of-invisibility

Edited by Mr Walker