Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA says calling your animals pets is insult

susieice

The other one to look out for is ASPCA, not affiliated with ANY local SPCA group and as crazy and dishonest as PETA.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But they don't care about animals and they don't have enough brain cells in the whole bunch to figure out how to actually make any changes they claim to want.

They are not intellectually superior. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

They are not intellectually superior. 

I was trying to infer that they are intellectually inferior.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, susieice said:

PETA says calling your furry, feathered and scaled companions pets is insulting to the animal.

Not as insulting as what I call my Parson Russell Terrier most days. On his odd well behaved days he's called Ted the Turd. I'd like to lock him in a cell for a week with the big wigs from PETA and see if they have empathy for animals after that, lol. I must agree with PETA though he isn't a pet he's my best mate.

• Like 3

F. O. O. D

:lol:

Look closer... 

'PET'A

~

• Haha 4

I don't think the folks at PETA are crazy or intellectually inferior. I think PETA is now run by people who are against animal rights.

• Like 1

If PETA thinks calling them pets in an insult, they really shouldn't hear what I call my pets when they are getting into trouble!

• Haha 8

Why is PETA always having to do weird ****.

• Like 4

What about the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals? Will their voices ever be heard? Nope, their to busy eating tasty animals.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:51 AM, ouija ouija said:

I don't think the folks at PETA are crazy or intellectually inferior. I think PETA is now run by people who are against animal rights.

What do you mean by "now"?  They have always been fringe and counter to actually advocating for animal rights.

• Like 1

Whatever. I own Toby. He's my cat and I'll him whatever I want! 

• Like 2

I suspect this is about fund raising.  When ever they want more money the do something to get in the  news.   Just like ASPCA suing Barnum and Bailey a decade ago for custody of their retired elephants.  Those elephants are very well cared for but ASPCA needed to be in the news so they could add it to their fund raisers which is their sole purpose for existing, they never help anyone or any animal.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

What do you mean by "now"?  They have always been fringe and counter to actually advocating for animal rights.

I became a member of PETA when they first began because here in the UK they seemed to be a real force for good with regard to animal rights. You don't hear of them much now over here.

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I became a member of PETA when they first began because here in the UK they seemed to be a real force for good with regard to animal rights. You don't hear of them much now over here.

They are still fund raising and keeping themselves in the news a lot here, but I have never seen anything they have done here that helped, usually it is a non-thing or an attempt at disaster (like the dog show incident).   Throwing paint on women who are wearing furs does not help any animals and they just seem as crazy as those who have nothing better to do than picket Planned parenthood and acost people who are going in for help.  Usually they picket the planned parenthood facilities that only give medical exams and medicine, not the abortion clinics.  So, pointless and useless bags of mostly water.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm surprised there's not pet lawyers chasing your cat around the block already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Princess Serenity said:

Whatever. I own Toby. He's my cat and I'll him whatever I want! 

No you don't. Toby owns you. People never own cats. It's always the other way around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I'm surprised there's not pet lawyers chasing your cat around the block already. 

Just wait, we have pet health insurance so the ambulance chasers will show up at the vets sooner or later.   :lol:

How does they know what our pets call us? They might be calling us much worse yet..... :unsure2:

Can't PETA just get back to what they are good at? Spectacular gratuitous nudity? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

How does they know what our pets call us? They might be calling us much worse yet..... :unsure2:

Can't PETA just get back to what they are good at? Spectacular gratuitous nudity? 

Nope, our pets are going to claw their way right to the top of that victimhood totem pole with the help of PETA! Enough of this oppression, lying around all day, doing nothing, and getting fed!