Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pakistan pilot believes he saw UFO

Eldorado

Netizens took to social media to speculate after a pilot of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) claimed to have spotted an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) during a domestic flight on January 23.

According to Geo News, a Pakistani television news channel, the pilot spotted the UFO near Rahim Yar Khan, a city in the Punjab province of Pakistan, while operating a regular flight to Lahore from Karachi.

The pilot captured the UFO on his phone and the video of it is now making rounds on the internet.

Full monty at the Indian Express: Link

• Like 3

Save me.  Those are PILOTs????  I'll never fly Pakistan Airlines...

That is the WORST footage I've ever seen, and I've seen an awful lot...  The alleged pulsing (which they only saw when looking at the phone screen, I'll wager) is simply the poor camera trying (and failing) to focus, with the added benefit of the camera person digitally zooming back and forth like a lunatic.

And don't start me on the wobbling - is it actually Parkinson's Airlines?

:td:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Save me.  Those are PILOTs????  I'll never fly Pakistan Airlines...

That is the WORST footage I've ever seen, and I've seen an awful lot...  The alleged pulsing (which they only saw when looking at the phone screen, I'll wager) is simply the poor camera trying (and failing) to focus, with the added benefit of the camera person digitally zooming back and forth like a lunatic.

And don't start me on the wobbling - is it actually Parkinson's Airlines?

:td:

Funny how you over the last 10 years always whine as soon as there is something UFO related on the board. Like you're paid to come here and do your best to claim everything is fake.

Seems like you live for this?

Don't bother to reply, I just had to comment the fact that as soon as I see your comments I have stopped reading them (except this one), we all know point of view. And it is boring.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Netizens took to social media to speculate after a pilot of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) claimed to have spotted an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) during a domestic flight on January 23.

According to Geo News, a Pakistani television news channel, the pilot spotted the UFO near Rahim Yar Khan, a city in the Punjab province of Pakistan, while operating a regular flight to Lahore from Karachi.

The pilot captured the UFO on his phone and the video of it is now making rounds on the internet.

Full monty at the Indian Express: Link

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. Unidentifiable to me

• Like 3

I believe in ET-UFO's, but this looks very terrestrial to me. 

Now, if it were darting around that would be a different story.

• Thanks 1

Here's a REAL Ufo. Likely an ET probe. And no, it's not a drone, as drones can't go in and out of water at high speeds like this does. Enjoy...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

Here's a REAL Ufo. Likely an ET probe. And no, it's not a drone, as drones can't go in and out of water at high speeds like this does. Enjoy...

This video confuses me as the coordinates are in the middle of Puerto Rico in the hills where it says it has entered the water for the final time. The airport that is closest to that area does not have a runway that is parallel to the ocean, the one that is further away and more likely to be the airport is nowhere near where the coordinates claim it is meant to be. 

• Like 1

It's obviously Venus. You can see at the start of the video that it's a pin sharp point of light. Ie a planet. Venus is clearly visible during daylight hours as it's so bright. I've taken a photo myself and noticed afterwards that Venus is in the photo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

Likely, this is a bird that has been recorded. It doesn't actually enter the water though. There's no evidence of the surface being disturbed by an object moving at a given speed impacting the surface. It is an artifact of the system trying to maintain visual  lock. It also "disappears" into trees the same manner as it "enters water"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Likely, this is a bird that has been recorded. It doesn't actually enter the water though. There's no evidence of the surface being disturbed by an object moving at a given speed impacting the surface. It is an artifact of the system trying to maintain visual  lock. It also "disappears" into trees the same manner as it "enters water"

Ok.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:03 PM, Tomas S said:

Funny how you over the last 10 years always whine as soon as there is something UFO related on the board.

Please don't misprepresent me.  There have been plenty of better sightings that required proper analysis, and I'm happy to look at any well-documented sighting in great detail..

This is not one of those.  And I don't see YOU offering anything but more (and offtopic) whining - at least I explained why this imagery is useless.

Like you're paid to come here and do your best to claim everything is fake.

Yep, $100,000 for every successful set of posts that totally ridicule what are CLEARLY alien flying saucers.  It's a great deal.  How much do you get from the other side? 

If you read the entirety of my contributions, you'll find I live for all sorts of stuff, as my bio says:

astronomy, space exploration, cosmology, meteorology, imaging, photography, photogrammetry, research & the scientific method, busting hoaxes

That last one includes trying to help those who are not very familar with analysis - some folks (check the mirror) are not well equipped to avoid being suckered, so i try to help weed out the bullmanure from the pretty flowers...  Sometimes it's just a lost cause, like with you.  But others are benefiting - those who are prepared to learn. 

Don't bother to reply

It's a public forum, dufus.  If you don't want a reply, don't post.  And don't complain when you get what you deserve.

I just had to comment the fact that as soon as I see your comments I have stopped reading them (except this one), we all know point of view. And it is boring.

That's hilarious - you stopped.... except for this one :) - yes, of course you did, sweetie...

OK, well, whatever you do now, don't you reply, as you will have shown you are completely full of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

And the one over RP.  Birds or a birthday balloon for sure. 

Edited by tortugabob

On 1/29/2021 at 3:03 AM, Tomas S said:

Funny how you over the last 10 years always whine as soon as there is something UFO related on the board. Like you're paid to come here and do your best to claim everything is fake.

Don't bother to reply, I just had to comment the fact that as soon as I see your comments I have stopped reading them (except this one), we all know point of view. And it is boring.

Unlike you reasons were given for the statements made. You seem to have nothing to offer.

Any comments about the video?

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 2:03 AM, Tomas S said:

The are not paid man... just weird dudes that don’t like thoughts outside of their dogma. Drives them crazy others may believe other things.

• Like 2

About the original video, just like someone else pointed out it looks like Venus. Sadly, due to the nature of the awful footage there's not much to say about it. I don't know why someone would claim "unidentified" when there's a light dot that can be from anything from anywhere. 

About the Puerto Rico video (I think we've discussed this one) and there's a paper about it (like 100 pages long isn't?) I gonna assume that the pilots or the one doing the "lock" knows that the object might not be a bird/balloon (not saying it isn't) that's why it keeps following him but I'm not sure, you know, pilots these days...On the other hand, on my personal opinion, I do think it's a bunch of balloons tied together but you never know. I can't explain the video other than saying what it looks like. 

For the sake of completeness, there is lots of info (not necessarily *good* info...) about the Puerto Rico thing, including two 'reports', here:

https://www.explorescu.org/post/2013-aguadilla-puerto-rico-uap-incident-report-a-detailed-analysis

There was a thread here about it, but it seems to go nowhere:

With regard to the first link.... I have little or no respect for 'ExploreSCU' - their analyses are VERY questionable at times and they often make statements that are completely unsupported or omit major (and obvious) possibilities.

As an example, they say:

First, in order to match the lines-of-sight between the camera and the object, any wind born object must be traveling a minimum of 16 mph, and this is typically too fast a wind, for a lantern to remain airborne.

First (and admittedly trivially) using the term 'lines of sight' when referring to an attempted photogrammetric velocity analysis is inappropriate and the analysis is highly flawed - that's NOT about 'lines of sight'..  Then they say, with not a shred of justification, that 16 mph wind can't be handled by a sky lantern??  Save me...  First up, did they eliminate balloons as a possibility?  Secondly, a 16 mph wind is not all that strong (drive at 16mph and put your hand out the window - what do you feel?), and a floating/rising lighter-than-air object will simply 'go with it' anyway - so that is a ludicrous claim.

And that's how those folks operate - lots of handwaving, little science or decent analysis.

As you read the reports, tell me how they eliminated a few tethered helium balloons, that simply separated when the tethering came loose?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, ChrLzs said:

For the sake of completeness, there is lots of info (not necessarily *good* info...) about the Puerto Rico thing, including two 'reports', here:

https://www.explorescu.org/post/2013-aguadilla-puerto-rico-uap-incident-report-a-detailed-analysis

The last video included in the above link is rather interesting. 

You can skip to 2:11 to see the UFO. Any ideas as to what it could be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeekTruth said:

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Nope.  Could be Venus in a crescent phase, where sharpening has given it those 'edges'.. or maybe a weather balloon or satellite that uses infrared to transmit info to earth (yeah, that's unlikely!)

There are several issues:

1. It's made difficult by him filming the FLIR screen in such a way that almost all of the screen information from the FLIR display is cropped out, especially when he flicked to 'visual'...  Grrr - why would he not use the output feed and thus the original imagery?.

2. He states "It can be safely stated that the object was within the atmosphere", but gives zero reason for that inference.

3. He then states that it "should have been seen with the daylight camera, not just IR".  That would be true IF the daylight camera was properly focused (even slightly out of focus would mean it disappears) AND IF the visual light reflected or emitted was sufficiently brighter than daylight.

4. Surely if he was interested, he would have given before and after information.  What happened in the next 5-60 minutes of observation?  Was it moving?  Did the equipment have rangefinding info (probably not) and if so, how far?

There's just no way to make an educated guess at what that was.  And given Mr Falch claims expertise, he should know better, esp on issues 1. and 4., I'm a little suspicious of that footage...

Added:  Sneakily, I admit to having an item 5 that I will hold back on, just in case this goes farther.  I wanna have a gotcha moment.. :ph34r:

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Added:  Sneakily, I admit to having an item 5 that I will hold back on, just in case this goes farther.  I wanna have a gotcha moment.. :ph34r:

Thanks for the response. But please don't hold back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Thanks for the response. But please don't hold back.

Don't worry, it's nothing substantial, just a bit of trivia regarding what info Falch didn't include, and thence, why.  I'm trying to find that footage being discussed anywhere else, in which case I'd like to see what else Falch has to say.  But as far as I can see, that reference is it... no one else seems interested.