Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man BBQs dinner over an Eternal Flame

Eldorado

A video shared on Russian social media on Thursday showed the unidentified older man crouching down and holding a skewer of meat over the ever-burning fire in the Caspian Sea town of Derbent.  

“No need for coal,” the man says to someone else off camera with a grin as he squatted amid roses scattered at the feet of a statue of a grieving mother in the town’s park dedicated to “military glory”.  

But according to the state-run TASS news agency, officials in Derbent have now detained the man and are preparing administrative charges against him.

Full report at MSN: Link

• Haha 1

If I were homeless in Philadelphia I would be spending a lot of time in the park that has an eternal flame and if you have meat you  may as well cook it there.   I guess people would consider that disrespectful of the purpose of the eternal flame, though.  But a society that allows people (veterans especially) to live on the streets is a sick society anyway and does not deserve respect.

I don't know that this is the circumstance of the Russian man, though.