Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The place where you can get away with murder

Eldorado

If a crime is committed within the ‘Zone of Death’ in Idaho, and the criminal admits to the crime and surrenders hypothetically, they would have the right to invoke the Sixth Amendment. However, due to the overlapping of the District of Wyoming onto the Yellowstone parts of Idaho, the criminal has the right to a jury who lives both in Idaho and the District of Wyoming – that is, from the ‘Zone of Death’.

In his research paper ‘The Perfect Crime’, Michigan State law professor Brian Kalt says that as per the 2000 Census, this particular region has a population of ‘precisely zero’. Therefore, any criminal act committed here would theoretically have to be dismissed by a court of law.

Full monty at Meaww: Link

Zone of Death (Yellowstone): Wikipedia

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eldorado said:

If a crime is committed within the ‘Zone of Death’ in Idaho, and the criminal admits to the crime and surrenders hypothetically, they would have the right to invoke the Sixth Amendment. However, due to the overlapping of the District of Wyoming onto the Yellowstone parts of Idaho, the criminal has the right to a jury who lives both in Idaho and the District of Wyoming – that is, from the ‘Zone of Death’.

In his research paper ‘The Perfect Crime’, Michigan State law professor Brian Kalt says that as per the 2000 Census, this particular region has a population of ‘precisely zero’. Therefore, any criminal act committed here would theoretically have to be dismissed by a court of law.

Full monty at Meaww: Linke

Since I notice your location is Scotland, I have to wonder why you're so concerned over the fine points of our legal system.  :hmm:  I mean it's actually been a week or so since I researched how they prosecute murder in Glasgow  ;)

Edited by Vincennes
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Since I notice your location is Scotland, I have to wonder why you're so concerned over the fine points of our legal system.  :hmm:  I mean it's actually been a week or so since I researched how they prosecute murder in Glasgow  ;)

Eldorado posts articles and topics from all over the place. Italy, Australia, Netherlands, England, and Israel recently here in the true crime area. Not surprised a story from the U.S. pops up sometimes too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3