Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astrotheology

Herbert Sanders

Another observation which puzzles me as it intertwines history with myth. Suppose that chiastic structures are of the utmost importance because you can pivot history and project the understanding of history towards the future for prophetic reasons. Not saying that it works but to the ancients it might have been a valid thought pattern.

In my timeline Adam was "created" in 3899 BCE and the flood happened 1656 years after that. Instead of using the month of July for this eclipse I had used the month of December. This additional 5-6 months I also demonstrated with the end of the lives Adam, Seth and Enoch, I had shown that Enoch was taken at the median of the deaths of Adam and Seth.

What if the Hebrew Flood myth is such a median point. If that were the case then we need to add 1656 x 2 = 3312 years to 3899 BCE, the year would be 587 BCE. So what happened in 587 BCE

The Babylonians capture Jerusalem, ending the Kingdom of Judah. The Temple of Jerusalem is destroyed and some of the inhabitants are exiled.

Fascinating... as these are definite demarcations for the story of the Jewish people. Beginning, middle and end; Creation, flood, temple destruction. And they follow a chiastic structure through symmetry.

Edited by Orestes_3113

7 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Another observation which puzzles me as it intertwines history with myth. Suppose that chiastic structures are of the utmost importance because you can pivot history and project the understanding of history towards the future for prophetic reasons. Not saying that it works but to the ancients it might have been a valid thought pattern.

In my timeline Adam was "created" in 3899 BCE and the flood happened 1656 years after that. Instead of using the month of July for this eclipse I had used the month of December. This additional 5-6 months I also demonstrated with the end of the lives Adam, Seth and Enoch, I had shown that Enoch was taken at the median of the deaths of Adam and Seth.

What if the Hebrew Flood myth is such a median point. If that were the case then we need to add 1656 x 2 = 3312 years to 3899 BCE, the year would be 587 BCE.

You can make all kind of connections if you make up the numbers. 

7 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

So what happened in 587 BCE

Fascinating...

Even more "fascinating" is that you conveniently left out the next sentence in the link "An alternate date of 586 BC has also been proposed for this event."

Its this kind of intellectual dishonesty that is the reason why no one marvels at you "discovery".

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You can make all kind of connections if you make up the numbers. 

Even more "fascinating" is that you conveniently left out the next sentence in the link "An alternate date of 586 BC has also been proposed for this event."

Its this kind of intellectual dishonesty that is the reason why no one marvels at you "discovery".

Yeah I understand that. But what is more likely? Why even have these alternate dates? Sometimes you simply have to call a spade a spade.

Also I need no one to marvel at things with me, I am perfectly content to marvel at things on my own :D. I simply share what I find, what you do is up to you, if you want to doubt by holding on to alternative dates then that is up to you.

To continue...

The 17th of Tammuz is the second of the four fasts commemorating the destruction of the Temple and the Jewish exile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventeenth_of_Tammuz

Which corresponds to the 8th of July 587 BCE in the Julian calendar. Because this is another nodal period, extending from the flood and the creation myth, we have another solar eclipse in Leo. This happened on the 18th of July 587 BCE, Julian.

What is interesting here is that the destruction happened within the same month. Could have been any month, but it wasn't. Does this prove anything? No, it is merely interesting to note that if the ultra rare conjunction of Feb 27, 1953 BCE is correlated to the birth of Abraham then all these things coincide, any other year and the sequence breaks. Any other month for the Temple destruction and the sequence breaks.

My question would be: Was there even a temple to begin with, or was this a spiritual temple?

Edited by Orestes_3113
  • Confused 1

Counting years from Creation according to Genesis, Terah and Abram must have left Ur sometime between 2008 and 2083, this being the period both were alive.  And since Abram was already married we ought to be able to reduce that window somewhat.  (I’ve Googled for a definitive date to no avail, so I’m going to split the difference and say 2046.)

The Bible doesn’t record where many of these blokes lived, so I’m going to follow Orestes’ lead and make stuff up.  I’m going to state that even after centuries they were close as a family.  They lived as an extended household in Ur of the Chaldeans, and looked after their elders.

So: according to the Bible (and the bits I’ve made up), when Abram left Ur to go cavorting round the desert he left behind:

• great grandad Serug, aged 227
  • great-great-great-great grandad Eber, aged 323
  • great-great-great-great-great grandad Salah, aged 353
  • great-great-great-great-great-great grandad Arphaxad, aged 388, and
  • great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandad Shem, still shuffling around aged 488

I know what you’ll say:  He didn’t leave them to starve – plenty of others stayed behind to care for them, since Shem (for example) clung on for another 112 years.  But the fact remains that, according to the Bible (and the bits I’ve made up), he abandoned forefathers with a collective age of 1779 years and never saw them again.  In other words Abram, the founding Patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, icon and beacon for billions of people the world over, was a selfish $h!t to his elders.

On a point more relevant to this overall thread – the chart below:

Bible Teachings - This Timeline Chart of the generations of the faithful to God from Adam to Abraham shows the chronology of the first 20 generations of the Patriarchs of the Bible. The Lifespan of the Biblical Patriarchs before the flood was considerably longer than that of those after the flood - ConformingToJesus.com

• In this chart there are numbers.  Lots and lots of numbers.  I can look for matches or patterns in these numbers.
  • If I change these numbers slightly I generate more numbers.  This improves my chances of finding matches or patterns.
  • I can add or subtract numbers or take averages to generate even more numbers.  I can multiply or divide by orbital periods of various heavenly bodies to generate yet more numbers. 
  • Before long finding matches or patterns becomes inevitable, if I can stay awake.

So, for example, did you know?

1)      Reu died 1096 years after Adam.  Terah died 1096 years after Enoch!  Coincidence?

2)      Salah died 1196 years after Adam.  Abraham died 1196 years after Enoch!  Coincidence???

3)      Reu died 791 years after Cainan.  Terah died 793 years after Mahalaleel.  Close enough for you?  If not, just take the average: 792.  And what else is 792?  The orbit of Mercury (in Earth days) times by 9!  Coincidence?????

Answers:

1) Yes – coincidence.

2) Yes – coincidence.

3) Yes – coincidence

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Counting years from Creation according to Genesis, Terah and Abram must have left Ur sometime between 2008 and 2083, this being the period both were alive.  And since Abram was already married we ought to be able to reduce that window somewhat.  (I’ve Googled for a definitive date to no avail, so I’m going to split the difference and say 2046.)

The call of Abram was when he was 75, so 1946 + 75 = 2021.

35 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

So: according to the Bible (and the bits I’ve made up), when Abram left Ur to go cavorting round the desert he left behind:

• great grandad Serug, aged 227
  • great-great-great-great grandad Eber, aged 323
  • great-great-great-great-great grandad Salah, aged 353
  • great-great-great-great-great-great grandad Arphaxad, aged 388, and
  • great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandad Shem, still shuffling around aged 488

I would say they never existed, only as tales in myth...

36 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

I know what you’ll say:  He didn’t leave them to starve – plenty of others stayed behind to care for them, since Shem (for example) clung on for another 112 years.  But the fact remains that, according to the Bible (and the bits I’ve made up), he abandoned forefathers with a collective age of 1779 years and never saw them again.  In other words Abram, the founding Patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, icon and beacon for billions of people the world over, was a selfish $h!t to his elders.

Not the point of the story.

Coincidences happen, probability allows us to judge between them being random or deliberate.

This has become a bit of a side track but I find it interesting...

In January of 588 B.C., Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, laid siege against Jerusalem (see 2 Kings 25; 2 Chron. 36; Jer. 52). For over a year, the Jews suffered the effects of the siege. As famine set in, morale among the Jews sank. Due to their weakened condition, plagues of one kind or another began to afflict the people (Jer. 14:12; 27:8,13). Eventually the food supply was depleted and misery soared high as many were reduced to cannibalism (Jer. 19:9; La. 2:20; 4:10; Ezek. 5:10). Finally, in July of 587 B.C., the Babylonians broke through the walls and began pillaging and looting the city.

https://emp.byui.edu/SATTERFIELDB/Papers/JerusalemDestroyed.htm

Because we have a solar eclipse in Leo in 587 BCE I had to look for these other dates, just to have a look.

• Invisible "solar eclipse" in Capricorn preceding a visible lunar eclipse - January 588 BCE
  • Visible partial lunar eclipse (blood moon, call for war?) near regulus in Leo - January 588 BCE
  • Invisible solar eclipse in Leo - July 588 BCE
  • Visible full lunar eclipse in Capricorn preceding an invisible solar eclipse in Leo - July 587 BCE
  • Invisible solar eclipse in Leo - July 587 BCE

Does this mean anything? No not necessarily, just interesting to me, mental note.

Now (1656 x 2) / 18.612958 = 177,94055 full nodal periods. 6% would be about 20 degrees shift at full nodal periods but given the nodal precession I guess it has evened out again.

Looking further into the years... I see that there has been great discussion about a 587 or 586 year, example: http://rcyoung.org/articles/jerusalem.html

Now what I found interesting for the year 586 BC is a possible appointing of Gedaliah. Gedaliah meaning "Jah has become Great". Why do I say this? Because the following year shows a bit of the characteristic that I have previously found with the narrative of Jesus/Child on throne. I will post the following chart, if you will bear with me :).

astro_2axu_oppointing_gedaliah_hn.png?wi

So why is this interesting? Just a few notions... Jupiter being at the seat of power, above Orion. Venus the servant in conjunction to Saturn (Patriarch/Dominator) near Regulus. If I were prophet Jeremiah then it would be these elements that I would use for this part of the narrative. But hey, that is me.

He's using astrology terms but is steadfast that it's not astrology. I for one am tired of the missing "so what" statement. With no logical point in sight,  ladies and gentlemen I will depart this particular thread. For the brave souls who remain, may fortune favor you in this ongoing disaster.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Trelane said:

He's using astrology terms but is steadfast that it's not astrology.

Astrology isn't defined by the terms it uses but its application. I do no apply these terms to suggest any influence, or for divination. They are merely used to get a grip on symbolic language.

12 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I for one am tired of the missing "so what" statement.

I do not understand you here...

12 minutes ago, Trelane said:

With no logical point in sight

What point would you be expecting? I think it is very clear. My point is that myths are grafted unto celestial events. Call it astronomy, astrology, astrotheology, astrolatry, archeoastronomy, astroanthropology or something else entirely. They are just terms to demarcate a field. Maybe this is something new and deserves a new term. Maybe astroarbitraryfantasycherrypicking but the intent is the same, to demonstrate how myths are related to celestial events...

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

ladies and gentlemen I will depart this particular thread

Until a next one, we might see each other again, or not.

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

For the brave souls who remain, may fortune favor you in this ongoing disaster.

:tu:

9 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Which corresponds to the 8th of July 587 BCE in the Julian calendar. Because this is another nodal period, extending from the flood and the creation myth, we have another solar eclipse in Leo. This happened on the 18th of July 587 BCE, Julian.

Utilizing the Julian calendar again.

Nevertheless, because astronomical Julian years are measuring duration rather than designating dates, this Julian year does not correspond to years in the Julian calendar or any other calendar. Nor does it correspond to the many other ways of defining a year. (Emphasis added).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_year_(astronomy)

Edit. Format.

Edited by Swede
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

@Abramelin The biblical genealogy of the antediluvian line revolve around nodal periods, also called draconic periods. I dismissed your question too early as I do not see specific myths. However the precession of the lunar nodes seems to be imbedded in the genealogy when taken as a whole.

Example from Adam (image of god) died age 930, begat Seth at 130 (image of Adam) who died age 912, the flood is said to have happened 1656 AM.

Consider half a nodal period to be 18.612958/2 years = 9.306479 years.

• 130 / 9.306479 = 13,96876 nodal half periods (close to 14, or 7 full nodal periods)
  • 930 / 9.306479 = 99,93038 nodal half periods (close to 100, or 50 full nodal periods)
  • 912 / 9.306479 = 97,99624 nodal half periods (even more precise, close to 98, or 49 full nodal periods)
  • 1656 / 9.306479 = 177,94055 nodal half periods (close to 178, imo it would actually be 1656.5 / 9.30... = 177.994..., or 89 full nodal periods)

Nodal speed = 180 degrees / 9.306479 years = 19,34136 degrees per year, if you consider the tolerance for say 15 degrees / 180 degrees x 100 = 8.333 %. This means that for every 0.08333 half period the nodes tend to misalign by about 15 degrees not taking into account the precession that naturally occurs at a full cycle.

Of course nodal periods reveal themselves when you look for eclipses as they coincide with nodal periods. But there are many like these, I will put more effort into this aspect without making chart, just churning numbers. Maybe that will help.

I asked you why the moon's nodes are called Caput- and Cauda Draconis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Utilizing the Julian calendar again.

Nevertheless, because astronomical Julian years are measuring duration rather than designating dates, this Julian year does not correspond to years in the Julian calendar or any other calendar. Nor does it correspond to the many other ways of defining a year. (Emphasis added).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_year_(astronomy)

Edit. Format.

Gregorian    Julian    day    →    Hebrew
July 01, -587    July 07, -587    Fri        Tammuz 16, 3174
July 02, -587    July 08, -587    Sat        Tammuz 17, 3174
July 03, -587    July 09, -587    Sun        Tammuz 18, 3174
July 04, -587    July 10, -587    Mon        Tammuz 19, 3174

https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1346139486

I can use these dates to confirm what I am seeing in software. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I asked you why the moon's nodes are called Caput- and Cauda Draconis.

Thank you for the clarification, I wouldn't know.

9 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Gregorian    Julian    day    →    Hebrew
July 01, -587    July 07, -587    Fri        Tammuz 16, 3174
July 02, -587    July 08, -587    Sat        Tammuz 17, 3174
July 03, -587    July 09, -587    Sun        Tammuz 18, 3174
July 04, -587    July 10, -587    Mon        Tammuz 19, 3174

https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1346139486

I can use these dates to confirm what I am seeing in software. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Thank you for the clarification, I wouldn't know.

Except the Hebrew portion of your post counters the lie that Jewish Creation can be dated to 3899 BC as the date you give makes it 3761/3760 BC as the year started around October. That latter, 3760 BC, has been the date used for most of the last 2000 years. 

cormac

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Except the Hebrew portion of your post counters the lie that Jewish Creation can be dated to 3899 BC as the date you give makes it 3761/3760 BC as the year started around October. That latter, 3760 BC, has been the date used for most of the last 2000 years. 

cormac

The point is that the 17th of Tammuz is close to the month of July. On this site they start the metonic cycle on  Oct the 7th, 3761 BCE. I see no problem with that, it is just a synced metonic cycle.

10 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

The point is that the 17th of Tammuz is close to the month of July. On this site they start the metonic cycle on  Oct the 7th, 3761 BCE. I see no problem with that, it is just a synced metonic cycle.

It means you’re completely irrelevant to Jewish history and belief so can be summarily disregarded concerning same. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Yes, it’s close. It’s like how a raven it like a writing desk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Astrology isn't defined by the terms it uses but its application. I do no apply these terms to suggest any influence, or for divination. They are merely used to get a grip on symbolic language.

This quote of yours, "... Jupiter being at the seat of power, above Orion. Venus the servant in conjunction to Saturn (Patriarch/Dominator) near Regulus." is pure astrology.  It's assigning qualities to symbolic houses and planets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 2/18/2021 at 5:46 AM, Orestes_3113 said:

I am putting forth a very specific position which is the denial of divination. In no means do I infer any supernatural influence from the stars as a foundation for the creation of myth. Nor do I see reading into myth as a form of divination. It is merely translation from one form to another.

Assigning qualities to imaginary points in the sky based on one particular culture's sky divisions and constellations is astrology.  So is assigning qualities to planets.  It's basic "sun sign astrology."

And you then assign dates to the myth (which don't actually match the dates when they were composed.) where the planets and houses are in a configuration that supports the story.  That's astrology.

I have provided substantial examples and am willing to explain my reasoning behind it for you to give an opinion. I have yet to read any.

I'd like to point to rashore's post #344, and continuing from there, if you are completely lost to where I stand. If we have a conversation then we can explore the subject but I need input, so please do ask questions.

I actually haven't seen you deal with any myths.  I did see you attempt to deal with Bible stories in a way that does not jive with the real research on the documents and I've seen you attempt to deal with Akhenaten.

And here your system fails again.  

• Akhenaten isn't a myth.  He's real
  • Much of what you declared for him was thought to be true in the early 1900's and was debunked in the past 50 years.
  • The starscapes you use aren't consistent, assigning rather willy-nilly an unevidenced birthdate (which you then say is a "birth of a myth" although they had no myths about Akhenaten and the Victorians didn't use that date)
  • The supporting artwork you use actually knocks holes in your statements (which you then try to excuse -- because it is apparently unthinkable that your work should need to be heavily modified)
  • You change the meaning that you assign to planets and houses (how can you have a "system" if the meaning of your symbols change to suit your story?)
  • Your "story" that you craft from the heavens around his (real) timeline actually misses some very significant events in his life.

These same issues occur with every other "myth" you try to work with.

Frankly, you'd get better results with the very debunked Bible Codes... at least those rules are consistent.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

You know, if you'd posted this on one of the writing archives as Alternative History Fiction, you'd be fine.  In AHF you don't have to be correct and you don't even have to be consistent.  And it doesn't even have to make logical sense, though it should follow the rules of good writing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kenemet said:

This quote of yours, "... Jupiter being at the seat of power, above Orion. Venus the servant in conjunction to Saturn (Patriarch/Dominator) near Regulus." is pure astrology.  It's assigning qualities to symbolic houses and planets.

It is symbolic language. It borrows terms from astrology in order to get a grip on the story at play. We both agree on this I think.

However it is NOT astrology. It does NOT infer a relation between the heavens and the earth, there is no influence, there is no divination. These qualities are defining for astrology. Do you see why you are wrong here?

"It's assigning qualities to symbolic houses and planets." For the use of divination. That latter part you need to include for it to be astrology! Can be divination or anything else that works under the assumption of a relation between heaven and earth.

5 hours ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

In Hebrew astronomy Saturn isn’t a kingly figure, but rather a representation of the passage of time, specifically the Sabbath. 

Comparing apples and oranges.

I actually haven't seen you deal with any myths.  I did see you attempt to deal with Bible stories in a way that does not jive with the real research on the documents and I've seen you attempt to deal with Akhenaten.

Bible is myth. Romulus & Remus is myth.

Akhenaten isn't a myth.  He's real

You can create a myth around an individual.

Much of what you declared for him was thought to be true in the early 1900's and was debunked in the past 50 years.

I do not say it to be true. I said it could have been part of his myth.

The starscapes you use aren't consistent, assigning rather willy-nilly an unevidenced birthdate (which you then say is a "birth of a myth" although they had no myths about Akhenaten and the Victorians didn't use that date)

It is not about an exact date as this isnt astrology... it is about creating a character for myth making. Also I retracted Akhenaten too inflammatory.

The supporting artwork you use actually knocks holes in your statements (which you then try to excuse -- because it is apparently unthinkable that your work should need to be heavily modified)

I am all open for modification and discussion. But that would imply discovery, searching for alternative. That is not the current conversation, the current conversation is about denying everything that I put out on small things if possible. Like arguing over term astrology but completely missing the point.

You change the meaning that you assign to planets and houses (how can you have a "system" if the meaning of your symbols change to suit your story?)

They do not change they fall within a theme, the theme is consistent.

Your "story" that you craft from the heavens around his (real) timeline actually misses some very significant events in his life.

That is ok as they are not related. Myth does not relate to life. This is not astrology!

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

You know, if you'd posted this on one of the writing archives as Alternative History Fiction, you'd be fine.  In AHF you don't have to be correct and you don't even have to be consistent.  And it doesn't even have to make logical sense, though it should follow the rules of good writing.

But that would make it to be about fiction. This is about discovering truth. You havnt dealt with the genealogies for example, you havnt dealt with Romulus and Remus. You have touched on so little without taking a deeper look to see what is truthful. Without trying to understand what I am putting forth.

I would expect better from you, especially because you understand astrology and therefore can appreciate probability surrounding conjunctions. I would advise you to start with Romulus and Remus.

Edited by Orestes_3113

No, I’m not comparing apples and oranges, I’m pointing out the ancient Hebrew disn’t consider Saturn to be symbolic of a paternalistic figure, you’re the one trying to say that an orange is a small three-seater flying carpet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

No, I’m not comparing apples and oranges, I’m pointing out the ancient Hebrew disn’t consider Saturn to be symbolic of a paternalistic figure, you’re the one trying to say that an orange is a small three-seater flying carpet.

Your statement is very broad and works on a much more generalized scope.

Yes and Christ is lord of the sabbath, the sabbath is God's "mark" or "seal" and has everything to do with the death and resurrection (you will probably deny the resurrection angle as it pertains to Christ). The Father rested on the sabbath etc etc. I get that, this is the theology. Within the ten commandments God lays "legal" claim on all humanity by presenting his Name, Title and Jurisdiction while setting out very basic rules for society to operate in commerce, rules that are essentially impossible to adhere to by humanity. He then rubber stamps this with an accompanied seal which is the Sabbath, basically saying go get crucified. All beyond my scope...

This is an interesting comparison, imo it follows the same pattern: 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-religions/infinite-ogdoad-creation-pantheon-ancient-egypt-and-predecessor-gods-old-020447

There are at minimum three different views from the Egyptians that succeeded the time of the Ogdoad as to how the world as they knew it came into creation.  The first was that the Ogdoad created an egg from which the world was born.  It was considered to be invisible at the time, because before creation there was no sun, until the day that it hatched when from it exuded the brilliant golden light that they had been waiting for.  This form of the sun was called Ra, one of the only Egyptian deities to have surpassed the laws of time to be accepted by both the followers of the Ogdoad and the later religion, and thus the world was born.

Another belief is that the universe was created from a lotus flower that "rose from the Sea of the Two Knives".  Within the petals was the same sun god as mentioned above, Ra, who then forged the cosmos. 

And finally, the third opinion begins in the same way—a lotus flower rising from the sea—however, within the flower was not Ra but one of the sacred scarab beetles representing the sun.  This beetle then transformed into a boy whose tears made humanity, and went by the name Nefertum ("young Amun"). 

Anyways... on a lower more technical level Saturn works as a piece within a certain puzzle - apples/oranges.

Edited by Orestes_3113

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Orestes, I just found the next site myself, and I think you may be interested:

Marinus Anthony van der Sluijs

Btw.: scroll down till you come at his paper on the Caput and Cauda Draconis. But also check his other papers.

Thank you for that link, what is the title of the specific article?

Looking at his page, I think I might need to send him an e-mail ^_^

13 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Thank you for that link, what is the title of the specific article?

Looking at his page, I think I might need to send him an e-mail ^_^

The title: The Dragon of the eclipses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1