Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astrotheology

Herbert Sanders

1 hour ago, Orestes_3113 said:

I don't understand what is not to get. It is very simple. Stories are designed with astronomy in mind. That in itself is groundbreaking.

But don't expect me to explain reality with it. I am just explaining the stories, as they are unexplained mysteries.

No, they’re NOT. Jewish chronology was designed to show an actual, PHYSICAL continuity of familial/ethnic lineage from the alleged Creation to the time of the writers. It was the Jews way of adding a level of antiquity for them on par with that of other nearby nations. Nothing more, nothing less. 

cormac

• Like 6

So when more than one mod told you not to make these vastly huge posts but to summarize the material and link to the full data, you were like “**** mods. Imma do what I want without consequences!”?

That’ll work out wisely and well. 

—Jaylemurph 

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Nah, we may not agree with Orestes, but that doesn't mean s/he is suffering from some mental condition.

We can do better than that  don't we?

It would explain WHY he thinks these patterns are important.

However his knocking his head against the same wall over and over again believing people will think it's music IS kinda kooky.

• Like 2

Orestes may be stubborn like a mule. Much like Mario.

They are both convinced they have discovered something important no one else even dreamt of.

But that doesn't make them liars, or whatever they have been called.

Some pervert even dared to call Mario a forbode of the coming 'Dark Ages'.

How far is one allowed on this site to p.ss people off to 'prove' they are wrong?

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Orestes may be stubborn like a mule. Much like Mario.

They are both convinced they have discovered something important no one else even dreamt of.

But that doesn't make them liars, or whatever they have been called.

Some pervert even dared to call Mario a forbode of the coming 'Dark Ages'.

How far is one allowed on this site to p.ss people off to 'prove' they are wrong?

It does when they grossly reinterpret another writer’s/cultures texts or beliefs to be something said texts/beliefs never were. 

cormac

3 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Victory steele of Naram-Sin of Akkad Victory Stele of Naram-Sin, c. 2230 BCE.

1714px-Victory_stele_of_Naram_Sin_9068.j

You know I simply had to make this composite image of 2243 BCE...

2043.png

Crom was angered

conan-the-barbarian.jpg

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

It does when they grossly reinterpret another writer’s/cultures texts or beliefs to be something said texts/beliefs never were. 

cormac

They may not have really understood whatever they quoted, in their feverish attempt to prove their point.

It happens often.

37 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

So when more than one mod told you not to make these vastly huge posts but to summarize the material and link to the full data, you were like “**** mods. Imma do what I want without consequences!”?

That’ll work out wisely and well. 

—Jaylemurph 

This is not linkable, I actually typed it out here. Original content for this forum.

3 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

You know I simply had to make this composite image of 2243 BCE...

2043.png

Crom was angered

conan-the-barbarian.jpg

If you want to be taken seriously, I'd like to tell you to refrain from posting macho images.

It won't help you out.

6 minutes ago, Abramelin said:If you want to be taken seriously, I'd like to tell you to refrain from posting macho images.

It won't help you out.

The occasionally appearance of Arnold is the only entertsining  thing about this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

They may not have really understood whatever they quoted, in their feverish attempt to prove their point.

It happens often.

That would be called incompetence since whether we’re discussing the Bible or Plato’s works BOTH are over 2000 years old. 

cormac

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

If you want to be taken seriously, I'd like to tell you to refrain from posting macho images.

It won't help you out.

You are missing the point. Look at his helmet having two horns, look at the victory stele and the "big guy". Look at his helmet. Now look at the solar eclipses in the stele. Yes they are solar eclipses. (Well proof it... :sleepy:). Basically all is referencing the same topic: luminaries are "gods", and they are venerated in a myriad of ways. Nothing new under the sun.

Now were these solar eclipses visible? No they were NOT! So how did they know? I do not know, perhaps they simply figured that this new moon in "eclipse season" would be a solar eclipse regardless of them being able to see it. You know knowledge and stuff. Perhaps they knew more than we would attribute to them, just a thought.

Edited by Orestes_3113
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Ok, so we shall call it incompetence.

That sounds already a lot better, doesn't it?

Edit:

This was a reply to Cormac's latest post.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

You are missing the point. Look at his helmet having two horns, look at the victory steel and the "big guy". Look at his helmet. Now look at the solar eclipses in the stele. Yes they are solar eclipses. (Well proof it... :sleepy:). Basically all is referencing the same topic: luminaries are "gods", and they are venerated in a myriad of ways. Nothing new under the sun.

Now were these solar eclipses visible? No they were NOT! So how did they know? I do not know, perhaps they simply figured that this new moon in "eclipse season" would be a solar eclipse regardless of them being able to see it. You know knowledge and stuff. Perhaps they knew more than we would attribute to them, just a thought.

I know one thing for sure: they knew a lot more about math and thus about predicting eclipses than you do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Nah, we may not agree with Orestes, but that doesn't mean s/he is suffering from some mental condition.

We can do better than that  don't we?

Apophenia isn't a mental condition. Most people do it to a greater or lesser degree.

Apophenia and Pareidolia

13 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I know one thing for sure: they knew a lot more about math and thus about predicting eclipses than you do.

C'mon man give me a break. 

Another notable about this image...

You see in front of the large stone two individuals. One speared and the other begging for life. I'd say those are Mercury and Venus.

Remember Mercury is always getting slaughtered like a "Lamb of God" (think Shem), while Venus is more of a eunuch kind of servant (think Japhet). Both reside in the same tent, close proximity to the Sun. So in this image Mars, son of Man, which happens to be on the cusp of Pisces and Aries (signaling death and rebirth) overcomes them. As Mercury is a trickster and Venus a coward.

And so we have much the same image as was the case with Noah on board of the Ark at Ararat on December 22nd, 2243 BCE:

Naram-Sin.png

And that is the deeper meaning of this stele. Mars conquered death, and overcame the conjuror and the wicked.

Edited by Orestes_3113
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Apophenia isn't a mental condition. Most people do it to a greater or lesser degree.

Apophenia and Pareidolia

That still is a mental condition. Whether many of us 'suffer' from it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

That still is a mental condition. Whether many of us 'suffer' from it doesn't really matter.

It's the way our brains are designed. We seek patterns. Because a very long time ago that funny shape in the bushes might have very sharp teeth. An seeing what might look like a paw print from a very big kitty cat might keep you alive, even if the prints are old. Blame evolution.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

C'mon man give me a break. 

Another notable about this image...

You see in front of the large stone two individuals. One speared and the other begging for life. I'd say those are Mercury and Venus.

Remember Mercury is always getting slaughtered like a "Lamb of God" (think Shem), while Venus is more of a eunuch kind of servant (think Japhet). Both reside in the same tent, close proximity to the Sun. So in this image Mars, son of Man, which happens to be on the cusp of Pisces and Aries (signaling death and rebirth) overcomes them. As Mercury is a trickster and Venus a coward.

And so we have much the same image as was the case with Noah on board of the Ark at Ararat on December 22nd, 2243 BCE:

144205788_458427912195974_42910243103041

And that is the deeper meaning of this stele. Mars conquered death, and overcame the conjuror and the wicked.

Give YOU a break?

This whole topic is nothing but an elaborate fantasy, based on your feeble 'interpretations' of ancient images.

I wish you all the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

It happens often.

Oh, I think Orestes is intelligent enough to understand what they are ignoring an/or attempting to manipulate to fit their proposed idea.

I'm wondering why Orestes dropped the previous idea that Gobekli Tepe was somehow an astrological predictor for the Old Testament tales to be created from.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It's the way our brains are designed. We seek patterns. Because a very long time ago that funny shape in the bushes might have very sharp teeth. An seeing what might look like a paw print from a very big kitty cat might keep you alive, even if the prints are old. Blame evolution.

And that is... a mental condition.

Maybe caused by evolution, but still.

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Oh, I think Orestes is intelligent enough to understand what they are ignoring an/or attempting to manipulate to fit their proposed idea.

I'm wondering why Orestes dropped the previous idea that Gobekli Tepe was somehow an astrological predictor for the Old Testament tales to be created from.

I did not abandon any idea. I simply choose to focus on the Biblical narrative instead as it is richer in text. First I need to establish a platform once you see that this applies elsewhere then we can revisit GT.

Btw Astronomical, not astrological.

Also I have only just started when it comes to Genesis, we are slowly moving towards Abraham. This is where we can pick up some speed. Have some nice interaction between Mercury and Mars. This was all child's play still. solar eclipses I mean.

Edited by Orestes_3113