Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream yields woman's winning lottery numbers

UM-Bot

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

The quote said: 'more than a thousand controlled studies'.

Citing is beyond the scope of my general comment.

Shouldn't be hard for you to find citations, then.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Shouldn't be hard for you to find citations, then.

Here is a paper summarizing the statistical case for experimental ESP. 

AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EVIDENCE FOR PSYCHIC FUNCTIONING

This paper cites plenty of labs and test results

Key Excerpt:

7. CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS           It is clear to this author that anomalous cognition is possible and has been demonstrated. This conclusion is not based on belief, but rather on commonly accepted scientific criteria. The phenomenon has been replicated in a number of forms across laboratories and cultures. The various experiments in which it has been observed have been different enough that if some subtle methodological problems can explain the results, then there would have to be a different explanation for each type of experiment, yet the impact would have to be similar across 24 experiments and laboratories. If fraud were responsible, similarly, it would require an equivalent amount of fraud on the part of a large number of experimenters or an even larger number of subjects.

@papageorge1

I sifted through that study and started to become suspicious of some of her claims, so I took it upon myself to check results from any peer reviews. One in particular stood out, and you can find his review here:

So, I accept Professor Utts' assertion that the statistical results of the SAIC and other parapsychological experiments "are far beyond what is expected by chance." Parapsychologists, of course, realize that the truth of this claim does not constitute proof of anomalous cognition. Numerous factors can produce significant statistical results. Operationally, the presence of anomalous cognition is detected by the elimination of all other possibilities. This reliance on a negative definition of its central phenomenon is another liability that parapsychology brings with its attempt to become a recognized science. Essentially, anomalous cognition is claimed to be present whenever statistically significant departures from the null hypothesis are observed under conditions that preclude the operation of all mundane causes of these departures. As Boring once observed, every success in parapsychological research is a failure. By this he meant that when the investigator or the critics succeed in finding a scientifically acceptable explanation for the significant effect the claim for ESP or anomalous cognition has failed.

It goes much further into detail, if you're interested in diving further into it.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

@papageorge1

I sifted through that study and started to become suspicious of some of her claims, so I took it upon myself to check results from any peer reviews. One in particular stood out, and you can find his review here:

It goes much further into detail, if you're interested in diving further into it.

I already understand all that. Conservatively all that can be said is that there are results that have no known explanation. That is as far as you can go with controlled testing.

Let's review what the Radin quote conservatively said:

While this is an impressive statistic, all it means is that the outcomes of these experiments are definitely not due to coincidence. We’ve considered other common explanations like selective reporting and variations in experimental quality, and while those factors do moderate the overall results, there can be no little doubt that overall something interesting is going on.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I already understand all that. Conservatively all that can be said is that there are results that have no known explanation. That is as far as you can go with controlled testing.

OK, so long as you're aware that "no known explanation" doesn't constitute as proof for precognition/psychokinesis.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

there can be no little doubt that overall something interesting is going on.

And even if that is the case, that doesn't imply precognition/psychokinesis.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

OK, so long as you're aware that "no known explanation" doesn't constitute as proof for precognition/psychokinesis.

And even if that is the case, that doesn't imply precognition/psychokinesis.

It certainly makes belief in abilities akin to precognition/psychokinesis strongly suggested in my opinion. The idea of flippant skeptical dismissal becomes certainly untenable in the face of this data. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It certainly makes belief in abilities akin to precognition/psychokinesis strongly suggested in my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but at the same time it's important to remember that your opinion is not necessarily representative of fact.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The idea of flippant skeptical dismissal becomes certainly untenable in the face of this data. 

If you're referring to the data from the study you explicitly cited, then no it doesn't. How much of his Hyman's review did you read?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but at the same time it's important to remember that your opinion is not necessarily representative of fact.

If you're referring to the data from the study you explicitly cited, then no it doesn't. How much of his Hyman's review did you read?

More than well aware of Hyman’s review. And Utt’s rebuttal to Hyman.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, Tom1200 said:

a It's up to the person making the ridiculous claims to provide evidence.  If I read e.g. "studies show telekinetic powers peak at the age of 14" I would take an interest and want to know more.  Sources?  Links?  Data?  I could then take my time to reflect - is this credible? is it accurate? what are the implications?  If, however, I wrote "studies show..." with some unsubstantiated assertion and no proof, I would hardly expect others to treat me seriously.  Which leads directly to...

b These are bold claims.  But - why no supporting evidence?  For all we know you've just made that up.  And since it flatly contradicts everything we know about the flow of time and how the electrochemistry of the brain operates - you'll understand my scepticism.

I'll reiterate my earlier assertion: precognition is not true.  Fortune-telling doesn't work.  Oracles and prophesies are not real.  Diving the future by reading tea-leaves or slicing open goats doesn't work.  The lines on your palm do not dictate your life span.  Nostradamus did not accurately predict specific future events.  etc.  All you would have to do to contradict me is provide a single piece of evidence, but you're not going to do that because... there is no such evidence.

No That is  a falsity 

First, your "ridiculous claim" might be another persons lived experience 

If the person wants to CONVINCE another then evidences are useful but not always available  However lack of evidences, does not, and cannot be used to, determine credibility or the accuracy of a claim  Often we simply have to choose to believe or disbelieve 

Your next point goes to the same issue 

Yep sources of a scientific nature can be helpful but they remain second hand knowledge and have to be accepted on faith

Ie the y can make belief more logical but the y don't prove anything 

The sources are readily searchable 

What you make of them is up to you (see the debate  between Papageorge and Nuclearwessel, above. Both have the same data and yet  come to different conclusions  )

Going back to the primary sources on this historical issue, the same was the case for the skeptics and the true believers during the US military's  exploration of these things

Support for such projects waxed and waned, but really only ceased when technical progress made other methods, like satellite surveillance,  much more reliable  

Ive given them several times before in prior discussions and no longer feel the need to do so. The Russians persevered for longer than the Americans because the y didnt have the finances or technology to match American ELINT    But some incredible results occurred on both sides  (Again, coincidence or something else ?) 

And no it actually matches the most modern scientific understanding about the nature and ability of the human mind (not sure how time comes into it) 

Ie thoughts are very specific  electrical patterns of electricity in the brain The y can be transmitted over distance to operate machinery or to help a disabled person communicate and move around  with machinery  Thoughts (words and images )have already been transmitted from  one mind to another under scientific controlled conditions  

That means it is no longer such a large step to accept that some people have the abilty (as conditional as that might be)  to sense those electrical neural  impulses, and decode them naturally.

precognition and fortune telling both are real and we use them very day   I think you mean that some other "magical form of them is not real

I have my day planned for tomorrow and, with 99% accuracy, i know how it is going to go 

Given enough data and computing power, accurate general, and specific,  prognostication/precognition  and "fortune telling" is very possible 

Even the weather bureau is getting better at it  :)  

I dont have evidence which would convince you, BUT i would not be alive today if not for accurate precognition of future events (coming in a variety of formats)  allowing me to avoid danger 

here is one interesting case

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/us-military-successfully-used-psychic-locate-lost-plane/#:~:text=A young airman named Rosemary,equipment the Tu-22 carried.

The whole project stargate (gotta love tha t name)  and its predecessors and off shoots is very interesting.

However reading released, once classified, soviet material is even more so.

And one other

4. Then there were the men who stared at goats, among other things.

One Army unit detailed in Jacobsen’s book, known as Detachment G, was established by top-ranking officers who were leery about the idea of bringing on “psychics” for research, so they stocked the program from within the Army’s ranks. One of the unit’s taskings was remote viewing, and in September 1979, the National Security Council called on Detachment G to use their remote viewing powers to investigate a Soviet naval base.

While concentrating on a photo in a closed envelope, one of the unit’s members described seeing a building on a shoreline, which smelled of gas and industrial products. Inside the building was a large coffin-like object — a weapon — with fins, like a shark.

A few months later the CIA received satellite imagery showing that the Soviets had constructed a new ballistic missile submarine. Later made famous by its NATO designation — the Typhoon class — the hulking nuclear sub was known in the USSR as the Akula. Russian for “shark.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/history/5-true-stories-militarys-paranormal-activity-research/

An insight into the political /military thinking of the time

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2017/jan/25/cia-feared-widening-psychic-gap-soviets/

Edited by Mr Walker

10 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

First, your "ridiculous claim" might be another persons lived experience

Many people believe all sorts of stuff, but beliefs alone prove nothing.  A billion Christians believe Jesus was Son of God, a billion Muslims believe he wasn't.  Are they all correct?  A thousand people in various institutions believe they are Jesus - are they all correct? 

Anecdotes, without evidence, are just that - stories.  Yarns.  Fairy tales.  Let's leave them for the less serious conversations.

21 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The sources are readily searchable

So you claim.  PapaG and others say so too.  So - please provide a link to the data.  I don't have time to search for them - I'm busy hunting dodos in Hyde Park.

27 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ive given them several times before in prior discussions and no longer feel the need to do so.

So I just have to believe BS, because you've said so before?

28 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The Russians persevered for longer than the Americans because the y didnt have the finances or technology to match American ELINT

And what does this sentence mean?  The Russians had less money, so it took them longer to realise it doesn't cl*dking work?

30 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

And no it actually matches the most modern scientific understanding about the nature and ability of the human mind (not sure how time comes into it

red bit - no it doesn't.  blue bit - ?  You're not sure how time comes into a discussion about time-travelling phantoms influencing dreams 20 years earlier?

34 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

precognition and fortune telling both are real and we use them very day

Fortune telling is false.  Fake, fraud, phoney.  People use horoscopes and similar every day, but that doesn't mean they achieve results.  Nobody has ever shown that precognition happens.  Never ever.

52 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Even the weather bureau is getting better at it

But that's science, not paranormal guesswork.

53 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I dont have evidence which would convince you

Four words too many there...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Many people believe all sorts of stuff, but beliefs alone prove nothing.  A billion Christians believe Jesus was Son of God, a billion Muslims believe he wasn't.  Are they all correct?  A thousand people in various institutions believe they are Jesus - are they all correct? 

Anecdotes, without evidence, are just that - stories.  Yarns.  Fairy tales.  Let's leave them for the less serious conversations.

So you claim.  PapaG and others say so too.  So - please provide a link to the data.  I don't have time to search for them - I'm busy hunting dodos in Hyde Park.

So I just have to believe BS, because you've said so before?

And what does this sentence mean?  The Russians had less money, so it took them longer to realise it doesn't cl*dking work?

red bit - no it doesn't.  blue bit - ?  You're not sure how time comes into a discussion about time-travelling phantoms influencing dreams 20 years earlier?

Fortune telling is false.  Fake, fraud, phoney.  People use horoscopes and similar every day, but that doesn't mean they achieve results.  Nobody has ever shown that precognition happens.  Never ever.

But that's science, not paranormal guesswork.

Four words too many there...

You make the mistake of many 

Truth is not provided by evidences from   others. it is discovered by evidences in your own life and experiences  

Your reality is not that of others. it is your own experienced reality and so your experiences may seem unbelievable to another even though you know they are true 

Thus we have all had experiences which we can never prove to another yet are totally true 

You attempt to deny the realty of things in my life 

I cant prove them but they were real 

Everything you hear or read outside your own life is ONLY an anecdote. When you tell your days activities to another, it is ONLY an anecdote to them,  even though you lived it 

You are the disbeliever that these sources exist 

That means its your need to find them, or to remain ignorant  

I know they are there and have presented them before so I have NO need to doso 

I provided a few examples You could find details in minutes 

I suspect you prefer to remain in ignorance so you can maintain denial

Dont worry  The results are ambivalent enough to satisfy your need to disbelieve 

and yes The soviets ran out of money and lacked American technology.

Both sides had been pursuing "psychic espionage"  in a variety of forms for decades  and the soviets were more advanced .

The Americans found that while there were some positive results they weren't as consistent or reliable as ELINT The Russians had no alternative and so stuck with the psychic warfare for longer.

Thus the y had a greater wider spread of successes 

I didn't say you had to believe it all.

indeed i take it with a grain of salt, ( after all it comes from within two giant military political machines with their own agendas and need for funding) but it IS fascinating, and it does provide written evidences (be the y true or false) of  claimed successes on both sides 

i didnt read the bit about time traveling phantoms  The op said a woman had a dream predicting winning lottery numbers 

That is totally possible. it has happened to me many times (not with lottery numbers but with future events) 

The dream narrative or structure is irrelevant and often a structure created by the mind to "bookend" the significant information

Telling the future is ALWAYS science if it works :) 

There is no such thing as paranormal or supernatural. ALL is normal and natural, even if we cant yet explain the science behind it 

if its not normal/natural, then it is not real and doesnt exist .Conversely because it does exist, we can know it has a natural/ scientific explanation 

As an aside I won so many raffles lotteries etc in my school and community tha t i was barred from  entering them,  and in one case after i won the prize (a big basket of Easter eggs)   it   was given to another person with a public announcement that i had won too many   I couldn't really complain It was true

By various means and mechanisms (like talking to the cosmic consciousness)  i won more than my fair share.   For example I'd won the Easter raffle four years in a row  with that win (and given the eggs away to others like my students or other young people without much )  

Finally as modern science discovers the physical nature and energy structure of thoughts, it becomes clearer and clearer how these could potentially be transmitted and received  without mechanical devices (we are already doing this WITH mechanical assistance such as implants and neural pads  ) 

Its not supernatural or paranormal to be able to receive / transmit/ record thoughts in words or images.  It is science 

I am sorry you are unable to believe in precognition it is a normal, natural  abilty of the human mind.

My wife and i would have died many times if it did not exist

it comes in many forms, from  knowing/predicting  what I will have for breakfast tomorrow, to receiving warning of dangers allowing me to avoid them . 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, openozy said:

I dreamt I was in bed with Gigi Hadid but she wasn't there when I woke :angry:.

I bet she was already up and making your breakfast.  Like she did for me last Saturday. ;)

• Haha 2

That was rather poetic: thanks, I quite enjoyed it.  There's SO much to respond to, but I'll try to be brief.

7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Its not supernatural or paranormal to be able to receive / transmit/ record thoughts in words or images.  It is science 

I am sorry you are unable to believe in precognition it is a normal, natural  abilty of the human mind.

I must pull you up on this!  You deliberately conflating arguments and obfuscating terminology here.  Of course it's not paranormal to use your senses.  That's what they are - natural, electrical receptors that send copious data to your central nervous system for it to deal with.  Part of biology and evolution, survival of survivors, perpetuation of successful genes, etc.  But you squeeze in "to transmit thoughts in words and images" as if all you mean is 'talking' or 'drawing', whereas you actually mean 'transmitting thoughts directly from one brain to another through ESP or summat', which has never been demonstrated to exist.  Never, ever, ever.

You claim you've used common sense to avoid risks and hazards in daily life?  Well bravo, mister!  I've run out of physical medals to pin on you, but here's a psychic Victoria Cross beaming its way through the seven spiritual dimensions.  

But have you ever actually known in advance something unknowable?  e.g. "I'll take care crossing this road" DOESN'T count; but "I'm getting a shiver down my spine - I think I'll move over there" and seconds later an anvil lands exactly where you'd been standing - that might count.  (Unless you'd just spent ten minutes in a fenced-off zone watching it being hoisted up on a disintegrating rope, while a fat man screams at you to shift yer cl*dking ar$e.  That might constitute fair warning.)

The stories you reference and quote are interesting yarns.  But just because a website blasts the word 'true' in its page title does not place it above critical analysis.  There are no references, and the bulk of the claims are - well, rather lame.  "A Russian psychic so powerful she could stop the heart of a frog with only her mind" - terrifying!  The secretary who 'found' a bomber in the jungle?  "I see... trees of green, red roses too.  I see a stream... a hill or two.  And I think to myself - they're falling for this?"

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

i didnt read the bit about time traveling phantoms

That was PapaG - " A non-physical entity might have influenced the dream."  (No, I didn't understand him either.)

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I suspect you prefer to remain in ignorance so you can maintain denial

Dont worry  The results are ambivalent enough to satisfy your need to disbelieve

Au contraire, mon ami!  I grew up reading all sorts of alternative literature, and trying things with groups of like-minded friends.  We tried telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, etc.  We tried influencing the stock markets, horse races, football matches.  And after a while we realised it didn't make the blind bit of difference and we moved on to other pursuits.  I would dearly love to learn that psychic powers exist and are real, but I've never seen any credible evidence for this.

But let's use the magic of the internet to do a world-wide experiment.  I'm going to stare at this image:

Image result for house with red roof and cow

I'm going to transmit it, and you're all going to act as receivers.  Close your eyes and tell me what you see.  I'll only accept the following as evidence of ESP:

"sky" "road" "building" "black" "white" "blue" "red" "letters" "writing" "animal" "cow" "four legged animal" "animal with legs" "legs with animal" "inanimate" "hospitality" "pub/ inn/ tavern/ bar/ food/ drink/ alcohol/ door/ slot machines/ barman/ barmaid/ fat/ jovial/ haram/ rural/ green/ plants/ green plants/ windows/ lights/ indoors/ outdoors/ old/ oldish/ hard to tell/ similar"

Make sure you beam me your answers by last Wednesday so I can mark them in time to announce: PapaG is the winner with 97% correct!  (But he thought is was a goat.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

That was rather poetic: thanks, I quite enjoyed it.  There's SO much to respond to, but I'll try to be brief.

Taking on Pops Walker and Georgie at the same time? Impressive Qui Gon!!! :o

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

I bet she was already up and making your breakfast.  Like she did for me last Saturday. ;)

In your dreams, lol.

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Tom1200 said:

I must pull you up on this!  You deliberately conflating arguments and obfuscating terminology here.  Of course it's not paranormal to use your senses.  That's what they are - natural, electrical receptors that send copious data to your central nervous system for it to deal with.  Part of biology and evolution, survival of survivors, perpetuation of successful genes, etc.  But you squeeze in "to transmit thoughts in words and images" as if all you mean is 'talking' or 'drawing', whereas you actually mean 'transmitting thoughts directly from one brain to another through ESP or summat', which has never been demonstrated to exist.  Never, ever, ever.

You claim you've used common sense to avoid risks and hazards in daily life?  Well bravo, mister!  I've run out of physical medals to pin on you, but here's a psychic Victoria Cross beaming its way through the seven spiritual dimensions.  

But have you ever actually known in advance something unknowable?  e.g. "I'll take care crossing this road" DOESN'T count; but "I'm getting a shiver down my spine - I think I'll move over there" and seconds later an anvil lands exactly where you'd been standing - that might count.  (Unless you'd just spent ten minutes in a fenced-off zone watching it being hoisted up on a disintegrating rope, while a fat man screams at you to shift yer cl*dking ar$e.  That might constitute fair warning.)

The stories you reference and quote are interesting yarns.  But just because a website blasts the word 'true' in its page title does not place it above critical analysis.  There are no references, and the bulk of the claims are - well, rather lame.  "A Russian psychic so powerful she could stop the heart of a frog with only her mind" - terrifying!  The secretary who 'found' a bomber in the jungle?  "I see... trees of green, red roses too.  I see a stream... a hill or two.  And I think to myself - they're falling for this?"

That was PapaG - " A non-physical entity might have influenced the dream."  (No, I didn't understand him either.)

Au contraire, mon ami!  I grew up reading all sorts of alternative literature, and trying things with groups of like-minded friends.  We tried telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, etc.  We tried influencing the stock markets, horse races, football matches.  And after a while we realised it didn't make the blind bit of difference and we moved on to other pursuits.  I would dearly love to learn that psychic powers exist and are real, but I've never seen any credible evidence for this.

But let's use the magic of the internet to do a world-wide experiment.  I'm going to stare at this image:

I'm going to transmit it, and you're all going to act as receivers.  Close your eyes and tell me what you see.  I'll only accept the following as evidence of ESP:

"sky" "road" "building" "black" "white" "blue" "red" "letters" "writing" "animal" "cow" "four legged animal" "animal with legs" "legs with animal" "inanimate" "hospitality" "pub/ inn/ tavern/ bar/ food/ drink/ alcohol/ door/ slot machines/ barman/ barmaid/ fat/ jovial/ haram/ rural/ green/ plants/ green plants/ windows/ lights/ indoors/ outdoors/ old/ oldish/ hard to tell/ similar"

Make sure you beam me your answers by last Wednesday so I can mark them in time to announce: PapaG is the winner with 97% correct!  (But he thought is was a goat.)

Actually i am not deliberately  confusing. I am clarifying 

There are all sorts of forms of precognion ie pre knowing 

Some we are all familiar with and all use.  Others are less familiar and only used by a "few"  

To take this point 

But you squeeze in "to transmit thoughts in words and images" as if all you mean is 'talking' or 'drawing', whereas you actually mean 'transmitting thoughts directly from one brain to another through ESP or summat', which has never been demonstrated to exist.  Never, ever, ever.

No i mean that science has transmitted images and words from  one human mind/brain to another.

The y used a computer to read or decode the neural energies but basically it was exactly that  transmitting thoughts via wifi   from  one brain to another  

its in its infancy yet but it will evolve, like early television into useful practical purposes   Over 10yeras ago scientists found a monkey could remotely control a device by thought alone 

Since then the y have invented thought controlled prosthetics, computers, and many other devices.

eg

A paralysed man has been able to walk again using an exoskeleton suit he controls with his mind. Although it doesn’t yet let him walk independently – the suit is suspended from an overhead harness to stop him from falling – the advance represents the first steps down the road to this goal.

“This is really groundbreaking,” says Ravi Vaidyanathan of Imperial College London, who wasn’t involved in the work.

The implanted brain sensors also let the man, who broke his neck in a fall four years ago, move the arms and hands of the exoskeleton.

Several groups are working on ways to let people with spinal cord injuries regain control over their bodies by reading their thoughts. So far, the most common approach has been to insert ultrathin electrodes into the brain.

end quote 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2218863-a-mind-controlled-exoskeleton-helped-a-man-with-paralysis-walk-again/

(however it can also be done by using external electrodes 

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2218863-a-mind-controlled-exoskeleton-helped-a-man-with-paralysis-walk-again/#ixzz6lyOqSkw3

Remote machinery for undersea mining etc is now directly operated by thoughts. 

second i was trying to explain that the abilty to know the future is a gradient of skill or ability    Almost all of us can see the future accurately in simple things but yes indeed I have seen a future many times with total accuracy  

However there is no "the future" it doesn't exist yet and may never do so.  There are many possible futures    We create our own future  largely  by our choices.

Thus, in seeing the dangers of one future, you can choose another and avoid the one you saw.

Eg You are warned that if  you  take your usual route to work you will be killed by a bus coming round a corner and  hitting your car  at precisely 8'43 am  

You check it out and follow the same route but carefully Just where you were warned you could be killed, at precisely 8.43 am,    indeed a school bus comes round the bend and would have hit you if you hadn't been warned 

THATS the sort of specific precog I am talking about which has saved my life and that  of my wife many ties   In one dream i had 3 specific warnings.

Each saved me from  the death foretold in the dream   because when i approached the situation in real life i recognised it, and changed my behaviours 

eg one part of the dream showed me falling to my death from  a high cliff  when I mis stepped on a narrow ledge 

Some time later I was geocaching on a high rocky cliff face above a beautiful bay  when i recognised the situation (specifically a narrowing ledge )  from that dream.

I immediately stopped climbing the cliff face, and very carefully moved back along the ledge, eventually   returning to my car .

i agree with you about the stories online I take them with a grain of salt.

The many cases of detailed accurate precognition in my own life however are indisputably real 

Ps I have another gift/talent 

I find things lost, or stolen from people 

Its quit reliable Ie when i know, i am always right and the object is found but it doesn't always work and i have to tell the person simply that i dont get any idea of the items location it only works when I am physically close to people, making me think it actually is me reading their mind and seeing where and when they lost the object  

Eg a colleague at school asked if icould locate an USB with all his reports written on it 

I told him immediately

"Its on the bottom of the ocean  sitting on a sandy patch"

He looked at me, thought for a moment and then said,  that made perfect sense 

He had been out fishing on his boat and cast his line out He remembered sensing something flying out from  his clothing into the water    as he cast,  but hadn't consciously   thought anything about it 

After my words he realised his Usb had been in his shirt pocket  and had flown out as he cast, and was indeed on a whiting patch somewhere out to sea.  There was no chance of recovering it, and he had to rewrite all his reports, but he was fascinated that i could tell him where it was, when only his subconscious knew 

And no, i had no idea of any of his background over the last few days,   or that he had been out fishing. :) 

ps the secretary gave latitude and longitude coordinates. When the y were checked, the bomber was found there 

Coincidence ? Possibly, but statically less likely than some psychic abilty. (if you accept that  they even exist)   

Ps in my experience  these  things only work for a mind connected to the cosmic or universal consciousness 

That is like an internet of minds, allowing me to google information from  its data banks, and from  the minds of others  There are even the equivalents of you tube channels you can access :)  

Spock may be exceedingly happy today since the “Vulcan mind meld” is now a reality for humans, thanks to University of Washington researchers who achieved the first noninvasive human brain-to-human brain interface. One researcher sent a brain signal via the Internet and his thoughts controlled the hand movement of a fellow researcher across campus.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2474639/researcher-sends-thoughts-over-internet--moves-colleague-s-hand--human-to-human-.html

- An international team of scientists has succeeded in transmitting the thoughts of one individual into the brain of a second person, located thousands of miles away, combining some of the latest technological marvels with the long arm of the Internet.

This is thought to be the first time that two brains have communicated with each other directly over a long distance without the sender having to utter a single word.

Two greetings -- "hola" and "ciao" -- made the historic trip from India to France, where they were received and spoken by a researcher who was blindfolded and equipped with earplugs. The scientists wanted to ensure that the receiver knew what his colleague 5,000 miles away was thinking because of the brain-to-brain transmission, not because of some other cue.

The research, published in PLOS One, was conducted by scientists in Spain, India, France and the United States.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/scientists-transmit-thoughts-brain/story?id=25319813

Recent advances in brain-computer interfaces are turning the science fantasy of transmitting thoughts directly from one brain to another into reality.

Studies published in the last two years have reported direct transmission of brain activity between two animals, between two humans and even between a human and a rat. These “brain-to-brain interfaces” (BBIs) allow for direct transmission of brain activity in real time by coupling the brains of two individuals.

https://theconversation.com/brain-to-brain-interfaces-the-science-of-telepathy-37926

Imagine searching through your digital photos by mentally picturing the person or image you want. Or sketching a new kitchen design without lifting a pen. Or texting a loved one a sunset photo that was never captured on camera. A computer that can read your mind would find many uses in daily life, not to mention for those paralyzed and with no other way to communicate. Now, scientists have created the first algorithm of its kind to interpret—and accurately reproduce—images seen or imagined by another person. It might be decades before the technology is ready for practical use, but researchers are one step closer to building systems that could help us project our inner mind’s eye outward.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/01/mind-reading-algorithm-can-decode-pictures-your-head

Neural interfaces that link human brains to computers using artificial intelligence will allow people to read other people’s thoughts, according to leading scientists.

A new report by the Royal Society outlines the benefits of such technology but warns that there could be severe risks if it falls into the wrong hands.

Brain-computer interfaces are already being developed by Facebook and Elon Musk’s Neuralink and the report estimates that by 2040 neural interfaces will be an “established option” for effectively treating diseases like Alzheimer’s.

More futuristic applications are expected to follow, such as brain implants that allow people to virtually taste, smell and see without actually physically experiencing the sensation. The report also details how such hardware could boost people’s memory, improve their vision and even allow thoughts to be transmitted from one person to another.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/brain-computer-interface-neuralink-elon-musk-telepathy-a9097821.html 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, Tom1200 said:

Tom,

For the sake of your sanity, I recommend ignoring him. He's a pathological liar and likes to run in circles.

TRUST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

blah blah blah blah blah

You're definitely getting confused and contradicting yourself.  Whether that's accidental or deliberate makes no difference - you are wrong and I am right.

• I've been talking about ESP - the concept that some people can perform miraculous feats using just their thoughts.  Make clouds disappear, kill frogs, read minds, read the future, etc.  Stuff that people have attempted for uncounted millennia yet never once produced the slightest credible example as evidence.
  • You say this is already happening because scientists use sensors to read brainwaves, interpret these using computers, then transmit information / instructions through physical means to remote devices.

Sorry, but - how on earth are these the same thing

As for your anecdotes...

"Eg You are warned that if  you  take your usual route to work you will be killed by a bus coming round a corner and  hitting your car  at precisely 8'43 am"

Everyone knows that Australians are blind drunk at 8.43 am, still hammered from the night before, so you couldn't be driving then, could you?

"i recognised the situation (specifically a narrowing ledge )  from that dream.  I immediately stopped climbing the cliff face..."

In your dream you slipped and died, but in real life that didn't happen.  So your dream did not come true.  So - what's your point?  You know how to be careful?  Well, whoop-de-doo!  Who's a clever boy, then?

Your other personal stories are just too dull to respond to.  I suspect a blend of vivid imagination, déjà vu, exaggeration and lies.  Not sure who you were trying to impress but it didn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

copied rather than edited 

Edited by Mr Walker

9 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Tom,

For the sake of your sanity, I recommend ignoring him. He's a pathological liar and likes to run in circles.

TRUST.

Actually i am a pathological truth teller

Show me ANYTHING in that post which can be proven to be a lie.  

Just because you don't want to believe or dont have the knowledge or experience to know doesn't make you right.

To be blunt I am not a liar you are simply ignorant of things i know to be true from  experience 

The rest can be googled and shown to be accurate 

4 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

You're definitely getting confused and contradicting yourself.  Whether that's accidental or deliberate makes no difference - you are wrong and I am right.

• I've been talking about ESP - the concept that some people can perform miraculous feats using just their thoughts.  Make clouds disappear, kill frogs, read minds, read the future, etc.  Stuff that people have attempted for uncounted millennia yet never once produced the slightest credible example as evidence.
  • You say this is already happening because scientists use sensors to read brainwaves, interpret these using computers, then transmit information / instructions through physical means to remote devices.

Sorry, but - how on earth are these the same thing

As for your anecdotes...

"Eg You are warned that if  you  take your usual route to work you will be killed by a bus coming round a corner and  hitting your car  at precisely 8'43 am"

Everyone knows that Australians are blind drunk at 8.43 am, still hammered from the night before, so you couldn't be driving then, could you?

"i recognised the situation (specifically a narrowing ledge )  from that dream.  I immediately stopped climbing the cliff face..."

In your dream you slipped and died, but in real life that didn't happen.  So your dream did not come true.  So - what's your point?  You know how to be careful?  Well, whoop-de-doo!  Who's a clever boy, then?

Your other personal stories are just too dull to respond to.  I suspect a blend of vivid imagination, déjà vu, exaggeration and lies.  Not sure who you were trying to impress but it didn't work.

No I am not confused nor contradictory.

However your confusion is  understandable You probably have never experienced such things nor then had to think through what  it means if certain things are proven to be science not psychic 

Yes there was a wall of text there but most of it was to show advances over the last decade in recording and transmitting human thoughts. Both as command and control  of machines and  another human's bodily responses, and as communication

Now that we know the physical nature of human thoughts as specific  patterns of electrical impulses attached to images and words, we can record ,replay, transmit those thoughts 

It is this nature which helps to understand how some psychic abilities may occur.

While still theoretical, of course, this knowldge makes it more feasible that, in some individuals, their mid can connect to these electrical impulses and "read" or understand them in their own mind  

It is your cynicism and need to disbelieve which prevents you recognising or understanding  the nature of precognition in those who have it  Plus perhaps a misunderstanding of the nature of time, and thus the future 

So when you recognise yourself in a dangerous situation which had been  accurately replicated; days, weeks, or months, earlier in a dream or vision, you would simply ignore it and   carry on because of course it meant nothing??

No  (personal) future is EVER fixed. We chose it shape it construct it form childhood by our intelligent /aware choices, except for outside forces beyond our control  

The point is that precognition may represent evolutionary selection 

The other point is, that  using precognition of any form, you can choose to change your future, in both big thing and little things.

Right now you have dozens of diverging futures. Any one of them MAY become your present and your past, as time progresses.   

Wouldn't it be nice to  be able to see them and continually  choose and shape  the one path which brought the best outcomes?

Not seeking to impress anyone .

Those are true occurrences in my own life  (except for the traffic one )  Like all truth, this is not deigned to impress, but to educate. If it does neither, that is not my fault, but your own response :)  

Ps the one thing I have never succeeded at despite years of trying is to alter physical reality by mind alone 

i do it al the time in the non substantial dream world but, for me at least, the solidity of the physical world is beyond my control without the use of physical energy 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It is your cynicism and need to disbelieve which prevents you recognising or understanding  the nature of precognition in those who have it

No.  It is your utter failure to provide a single recorded prediction that later came true.  

Nostradamus?  Edgar Cayce?  Mother Shipton?  Oracles, soothsayers, diviners, fortune-tellers, etc.?  Show me one unambiguous prediction that has come true.1  Not insipid drivel like "I dreamt I was burned in a fire and the next day it was really hot; which must be what the dream was about - wow! I'm psychic!".  It has to be a bit more substantial but I'm not setting boundaries.1  Ten tins of your finest Australian lager says you can't.1

Terms and conditions apply.  "See" full details at tom's_mind@croydon_london_uk\dealing_with_bull$h!t\crackpot_competition_rules.  (Please - no peeking in the fetishes\crossdressing or criminal_record\crossdressing sections.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, Nuclear Wessel said:

@papageorge1

He is not. Utts shortcomings have been pointed out extensively in the past. He has no intention of questioning her outcomes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2021 at 7:57 AM, papageorge1 said:

The quote said: 'more than a thousand controlled studies'.

Citing is beyond the scope of my general comment.

Radins claims are not.

There have been several threads where they have been shown to be nonsense. @ChrLzs can fill you in on Radin. He is a joke. Not a scientist.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked