Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream yields woman's winning lottery numbers

UM-Bot

35 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Radins claims are not.

There have been several threads where they have been shown to be nonsense. @ChrLzs can fill you in on Radin. He is a joke. Not a scientist.

Well, I’ll decide for myself who the serious scientists are and who the joke UM anti-paranormal nobodies are.

I’ve linked to Radin’s bio before. He’s someone I highly respect.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I’ll decide for myself who the serious scientists are and who the joke UM anti-paranormal nobodies are.

I’ve linked to Radin’s bio before. He’s someone I highly respect.

Where does Radin rank on the papameter 

Papa, be brave and cite your favorite study by Radin.

I mean, you are familiar with his work?  (If not then WTH are you responding?)

And you do understand how the scientific method works, so you can pick out a really good example? (if not .. well, I'll let the readers decide).

I will be most happy to look at one of Radin's studies in detail, and if it's a good one, then papa will win out - surely he won't pass up an opportunity like that - I'll look really stupid...

And to be 100% fair - the offer is open to everyone - pick out a good Radin study and cite it.

Or if not, may I choose?  :devil:

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Where does Radin rank on the papameter 

The Papameter does not rank people. It ranks paranormal claims. Radin though is highly respected. He is not out to spend his career perpetuating things an intelligent person can see as frauds. Radin's bio.

That's strange, instead of papa posting a citation of Radin's best work, he posted a link to his bio.. ??

Well, let's start there - quotes from that Bio:

Dean Radin .. is Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences

Which is NOT a recognised science institution, being set up by a number of paranormal 'science' promoters.  Dean Radin and Rupert Sheldrake are two of its most notable members, and of course that is where Radin gets his paranormal work published as it is then 'peer reviewed' (in name only) by other paranormal promoters.

He earned a BS in electrical engineering (magna cum laude, with honors in physics), and then an MS in electrical engineering and a PhD in psychology

Seems a rather odd sequence of doctorates, but whatever...

He has given over 600 talks and interviews worldwide

and there's where the incentive is..

and he is author or coauthor of hundreds of scientific and popular articles

almost none of those that include any paranormal claims are peer reviewed outside his own 'Institute', and many of those are highly disputed.

...and four popular books translated into 15 foreign languages: The Conscious Universe, ..Entangled Minds, .. Supernormal, .. and Real Magic.

Interesting to note the titles ... and the fact that he names his fave books (which are NOT peer reviewed) but doesn't name any of the 'best' articles...

If you read on, his extended bio turns into a huge angry rant against science, which he feels has rejected him and anyone who takes on the paranormal-pushing role.  Me, I think science simply ignores those like Radin who do very poorly controlled 'studies' and then handwave silly claims.

If you think otherwise, NAME and cite a Radin study that you think proves any of his paranormal claims.  Note that he has done quite a few studies that do not involve the paranormal - those are not at issue..

So Papa (or anyone), come on, which one would you like to discuss?  If you leave it too late, I'll choose, and you wouldn't want that..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No you won't. 

You are unreliable and dishonest as proven when you welched on the bet we had. You have zero integrity and credibility. You have no authority to do so.

Proof of claims will decide. Not some anonymous internet crazy person. We know who the joke of UM is already. Some poster had a most entertaining avatar of its likeness being punched senseless. At least you contribute a level of humour if little to nothing else.

I’ve linked to Radin’s bio before.

All that accomplished was to show was a scam and failure he is. And that he has NO qualifications to make him any sort of paranormal expert.

He’s someone I highly respect.

You welch on bets, so your personal opinion is actually detrimental rather than supportive. Your recommendation is the best recommendation for a scamming liar, as you support many such characters on a regular basis. Honestly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

If you read on, his extended bio turns into a huge angry rant against science, which he feels has rejected him and anyone who takes on the paranormal-pushing role.  Me, I think science simply ignores those like Radin who do very poorly controlled 'studies' and then handwave silly claims.

This is the real issue. 

Science deniers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You attempt to defuse the seriousness of this discussion with humour and even ridicule

It isn't hard - you set 'em up, I just deliver the punch lines.

The second part of that prophetic dream was that a bushfire engulfed our house and we died when it exploded.  6 months later, our house did explode and burn during a major bushfire

Strewth, mate - you live in Australia!  It burns down every year!  Are you claiming you're the only Australian who's ever had a nightmare about a bushfire?  Did your dream give a date and time for you to evacuate?  No, because six months later:

we only escaped with a few minutes to spare  due to the dream   , and other direct warnings of a psychic nature

But no direct warnings of a non-psychic nature?  SEEING flickery orange stuff all around.  HEARING the bone-dry, highly flammable brushwood crackling like fireworks.  SMELLING - someone's having a barbie?  Count me in, mate!  FEELING - strewth, hot tonight, innit?

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I gave you a few examples of proven successes both from history and from my own life.

No.  You.  Didn't.  Your historical examples come from one tongue-in-cheek web article.  No sources, no evidence, no credibility; even the author admits he's scraping the barrel.  Your tedious, interminable personal anecdotes are just pointless, ambiguous and irrelevant.  Or perhaps you can prove anything you've claimed?  Of course not, because:

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Others choose belief.

whereas if you had any evidence whatsoever of any paranormal activity ever (you or anyone else) we wouldn't need belief - you would have knowledge.

But - tell you what - let's run with this a while.  Why don't you make some predictions for the coming year, publish them here, and in 12 months we'll look bad without prejudice and analyse them.  The more specific you can be the better.  As I said previously I'm not setting limits, but "I predict hurricanes in hurricane season and an earthquake in Japan" won't win you many converts.  But "Tokyo will be rocked by a level 7.3 earthquake on Tuesday 19th October at 10.33 am" would convince me, and many others.  (Unless you're a mad scientist with a secret earthquake machine pointing at Japan...)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

It isn't hard - you set 'em up, I just deliver the punch lines.

Strewth, mate - you live in Australia!  It burns down every year!  Are you claiming you're the only Australian who's ever had a nightmare about a bushfire?  Did your dream give a date and time for you to evacuate?  No, because six months later:

But no direct warnings of a non-psychic nature?  SEEING flickery orange stuff all around.  HEARING the bone-dry, highly flammable brushwood crackling like fireworks.  SMELLING - someone's having a barbie?  Count me in, mate!  FEELING - strewth, hot tonight, innit?

No.  You.  Didn't.  Your historical examples come from one tongue-in-cheek web article.  No sources, no evidence, no credibility; even the author admits he's scraping the barrel.  Your tedious, interminable personal anecdotes are just pointless, ambiguous and irrelevant.  Or perhaps you can prove anything you've claimed?  Of course not, because:

whereas if you had any evidence whatsoever of any paranormal activity ever (you or anyone else) we wouldn't need belief - you would have knowledge.

But - tell you what - let's run with this a while.  Why don't you make some predictions for the coming year, publish them here, and in 12 months we'll look bad without prejudice and analyse them.  The more specific you can be the better.  As I said previously I'm not setting limits, but "I predict hurricanes in hurricane season and an earthquake in Japan" won't win you many converts.  But "Tokyo will be rocked by a level 7.3 earthquake on Tuesday 19th October at 10.33 am" would convince me, and many others.  (Unless you're a mad scientist with a secret earthquake machine pointing at Japan...)

As i said you choose disbelief.

Logical, but wrong. 

Your arguments ALL go to your subjective interpretation rather then the actual events 

Ive detailed our escape from  bushfire before 

No need to do it again

I am talking about video quality dreams, which are often  exact premonitions of events which come later.

As the events unfold, the memory of the dream  tells you  what will happen next, unless you act to change the outcome in the dream 

No skin off my nose if you  need to disbelieve.   Lots of people are like you 

However, in my life, these things are real and relatively common (i also get shown how to find parking spots and how never to be lost . ) :) 

You are  factually mistaken to deny their reality, and that is skin off YOUR nose. 

I dont get those sort of global  premonitions The most common involve me and my wife and family Others involve friends and colleagues

ATM thankfully I have none on the horizon meaning, hopefully, that we will all be well  and safe for a while .

My mother had a similar gift or talent, which manifested itself during family emergencies, from the time she was at  primary   school,  until she was in her 80s. I've told some of her true stories before, but you wouldn't believe them, so no point telling them again   ((Plenty of witnesses to verify their truth, however )   It does make laughable (to me) however, your claim that these things NEVER happen and aren't possible.

That is just factually incorrect, no matter how sincerely you believe it to be true.  .

Edited by Mr Walker

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

asisaidyouchoosedisbelieflogicalbutwrongyourargumentsallgotoyoursubjectiveinterpretationratherthentheactualeventsIvedetailedourescapefrombushfirebeforenoneedtodoitagainIamtalkingaboutvideoqualitydreamswhichareoftenexactpremonitionsofeventswhichcomelaterastheeventsunfoldthememoryofthedreamtellsyouwhatwillhappennextunlessyouacttochangetheoutcomeinthedreamnoskinoffmynoseifyouneedtodisbelievelotsofpeoplearelikeyouhoweverinmylifethesethingsarerealandrelativelycommonialsogetshownhowtofindparkingspotsandhownevertobelostyouarefactuallymistakentodenytheirrealityandthatisskinoffyournoseIdontgetthosesortofglobalpremonitionsthemostcommoninvolvemeandmywifeandfamilyothersinvolvefriendsandcolleaguesatmthankfullyihavenoneonthehorizonmeaninghopefullythatwewillallbewellandsafeforawhilemymotherhadasimilargiftortalentwhichmanifesteditselfduringfamilyemergenciesfromthetimeshewasatprimaryschooluntilshewasinher80sIvetoldsomeofhertruestoriesbeforebutyouwouldntbelievethemsonopointtellingthemagainplentyofwitnessestoverifytheirtruthhoweverItdoesmakelaughabletomehoweveryourclaimthatthesethingsneverhappenandarentpossiblethatisjustfactuallyincorrectnomatterhowsincerelyyoubelieveittobetrue

Just seeing if removing all punctuation improves your ramblings.  To be honest, the jury's still out.

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

As the events unfold, the memory of the dream  tells you  what will happen next

No it doesn't.  You are describing déjà vu, which affects everyone at some time or other.  It isn't a glitch in the Matrix (which is programmed far too well to cause glitches).  Déjà vu is a perfectly natural phenomenon with a perfectly simple explanation. 

The brain processes information in different regions - sight here, smell there, short-term memory here, long-term there, etc.  Usually it's darned good at this and you know exactly what's going on, but occasionally it gets out of sync.  One thing that can happen is the information is sent to your short-term memory milliseconds before it reaches the visual area at the back.  Then as you 'see' what's happening you have an uncomfortable sensation of having experienced it already. 

You're not remembering some ancient dream - it's happening right at the moment but your brain isn't keeping up.  It happens from time to time, and most of us think that's a bit odd, then forget it.  Some peeps looked at it scientifically and came up with the explanation I summarised above.  And some of us think "Wow!  I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen!  I must be psychic!" then they go on to bore the world with dull tales of their unique skills and insights.

You say your mother also experienced a lot of déjà vu, so there might be a genetic link - a gene or two that wire your brain slightly differently.  But NOT the way you present it - your brain cannot reach through time to traumatic future events and implant dreams that you then totally forget about until the very moment they happen.  THAT IS VERY SILLY.  Are you a very silly person?  Because that's what you sound like.

I'll invite you once again to prove me wrong.  Write down a prediction from one of your dreams.  Let us all read it.  It can be as dull and mundane as all your other ones, but at least we can see if it comes true.  e.g. "I predict next time I turn my tv on it won't be on the channel I thought I'd left it on.1  Meanwhile here are some of my predictions:

• You will not understand this post.
  • You will not agree with this post.
  • You will not take up my challenge to post a detailed prediction.
  • The lion in green shall roar at the fridge, and the tripod people shall force unwelcome change.
  • You will write back a load of self-centred drivel.

And - since each of us is setting his own rules for nonsense - I claim that two or more out of five proves that I'm precognitive.  And since I AM precognitive I already know that I'll score three out of five, so I must be psychic!  QED, end of discussion. 

Walker, Mr.  "Travels Through Time - why did I bother if no one believes me?" (Ye Caxton Presse, 1487)  Chapter 5 - "My greatest ever predictions which aren't actually predictions cos I cheat by nipping back and forth through time so I already know everything that's about to happen cos I'm SO brilliant.  Strewth."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Just seeing if removing all punctuation improves your ramblings.  To be honest, the jury's still out.

No it doesn't.  You are describing déjà vu, which affects everyone at some time or other.  It isn't a glitch in the Matrix (which is programmed far too well to cause glitches).  Déjà vu is a perfectly natural phenomenon with a perfectly simple explanation. 

The brain processes information in different regions - sight here, smell there, short-term memory here, long-term there, etc.  Usually it's darned good at this and you know exactly what's going on, but occasionally it gets out of sync.  One thing that can happen is the information is sent to your short-term memory milliseconds before it reaches the visual area at the back.  Then as you 'see' what's happening you have an uncomfortable sensation of having experienced it already. 

You're not remembering some ancient dream - it's happening right at the moment but your brain isn't keeping up.  It happens from time to time, and most of us think that's a bit odd, then forget it.  Some peeps looked at it scientifically and came up with the explanation I summarised above.  And some of us think "Wow!  I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen!  I must be psychic!" then they go on to bore the world with dull tales of their unique skills and insights.

You say your mother also experienced a lot of déjà vu, so there might be a genetic link - a gene or two that wire your brain slightly differently.  But NOT the way you present it - your brain cannot reach through time to traumatic future events and implant dreams that you then totally forget about until the very moment they happen.  THAT IS VERY SILLY.  Are you a very silly person?  Because that's what you sound like.

I'll invite you once again to prove me wrong.  Write down a prediction from one of your dreams.  Let us all read it.  It can be as dull and mundane as all your other ones, but at least we can see if it comes true.  e.g. "I predict next time I turn my tv on it won't be on the channel I thought I'd left it on.1  Meanwhile here are some of my predictions:

• You will not understand this post.
  • You will not agree with this post.
  • You will not take up my challenge to post a detailed prediction.
  • The lion in green shall roar at the fridge, and the tripod people shall force unwelcome change.
  • You will write back a load of self-centred drivel.

And - since each of us is setting his own rules for nonsense - I claim that two or more out of five proves that I'm precognitive.  And since I AM precognitive I already know that I'll score three out of five, so I must be psychic!  QED, end of discussion. 

Walker, Mr.  "Travels Through Time - why did I bother if no one believes me?" (Ye Caxton Presse, 1487)  Chapter 5 - "My greatest ever predictions which aren't actually predictions cos I cheat by nipping back and forth through time so I already know everything that's about to happen cos I'm SO brilliant.  Strewth."

lol Are you a punctuation pedant?

Yep idomiss some punctution but oytushould dsee wht its ike cefore i proof read draqftand correct 

Yep, I do miss some punctuation, but you should see what it's like before  I proof read , draft and correct.  

To be honest on a forum, close enough is good enough, and I haven't the time to waste perfecting my typing.

Plus I cant actually see the punctuation marks on my screen and my spell checker doesn't highlight any missing bits.  

No I am NOT describing dejavu (I' ve never experienced that )  I told you what i was describing but you don't believe its possible Fair enough

Lets suppose an event is unfolding  which i have had pre knowledge of,  and I am with another person.

i can tell them what is about to  happen next and show them how to alter it .

Lol No my mother didn't have dejavu  but I agree that there is likely to be a genetic link between us, and our abilities 

Ill give you ONE example of my mothers abilities 

it is 1am and she wakes dad up to tell him my brother has just had a crash on his powerful motorbike, and is lying on the ground 

She tells dad exactly where the crash occurred 

Dad and mum get up, drive to the site, and find my brother ,now conscious,  by his written off bike.

This is in the ealry 70s, before any form of mobile phones or internet etc. There was no physical way she could have known he had crashed or where yet  she did.

I sound silly to you because my experiences are beyond your comprehension 

but no the future  doesn't  yet exist, and is not some fixed linear progression of inevitability,    s o I don't " reach through  to it "

Linked to the power of the cosmic consciousness which is like an incredibly powerful computer "algorithms"  present themselves as scenarios  in my mind, showing me POTENTIAL future events.

When one of those potentials starts to become reality, I recognise it and act on it  I can let it run it's course knowing what will happen or I can alter the outcomes 

That is the sort of knowledge i am often gifted .

Mum kept it quiet outside the family  and even we didn't really know about it   until we were older Eventually  when i began to talk bout my own strange abilities she opened up about her own  she said t was a skill she had inherited from a gypsy ancestor, and she and dad then told us some of the things she had used it for  

You are correct you ARE precognitive, using logic data and analysis 

And that is ALL, every form of precognition is.

Some of us just have access to more data, and greater processing power :)  

What seems like   bragging  (or unbelievable) to you, is simply the way my life is.

You are judging it through the lenses of your own experiences, and what you believe to be possible/impossible.  

I am not going to pretend to abilities i don't have and I dont have ANY impressions of world wide events (although i can make some likely ones, based on data and logic )

Eg China will invade Taiwan  

A cold war with china has already begun and will eventually result in either world war 3 or capitulation of the west to china. 

Covid will continue to mutate. 

International travel  will continue to remain at very low levels. and may even be reduced further as the virus mutates and creates more virulent forms.  

The impeachment of trump will fail. 

A considerable percentage of people (over 20% of westerners)  will own bit coin type currency by the end of the year. 

Some countries will almost end the use of cash and move to a digital payment system for all  

Electric cars will  (in western countries) outnumber those driven by fossil fuels by 2030 

Nothing psychic about them, just  likely probabilities.  

13 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

I'd imagined Irish ancestry.  We're great ones for spinning a yarn to keep an audience hooked.

Hi Tom

Several years ago in a discussion with this member we concluded that had been doing a little more than french kissing the Blarney stone one member suggested he ate it.

jmccr8

• Haha 3

On 2/1/2021 at 5:54 PM, papageorge1 said:

Well as an open-minded skeptic

you are not a skeptic!!! what are you on about, mate?? what the fek does: 'open-minded skeptic' mean with regard to anything you say in here???

people like your good self are the most annoying people to have a debate with!;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Tom

Several years ago in a discussion with this member we concluded that had been doing a little more than french kissing the Blarney stone one member suggested he ate it.

jmccr8

Actually, from  memory, I think it was ME who jokingly  commented that I had eaten it.  I've certainly made that reference before 

yep I am an oral story teller and writer 

It is one of my gifts nurtured from  childhood 

However I will always say if something was a dream or a product of my imagination.  

There is no overlap or confusion in my mind between imagination and reality  

In part that is because I constantly check reality and because I compartmentalise memories, using contextual checkers, to separate imagination from reality 

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you are not a skeptic!!! what are you on about, mate?? what the fek does: 'open-minded skeptic' mean with regard to anything you say in here???

people like your good self are the most annoying people to have a debate with!;)

Sorry, but skeptic doesn’t mean ardent non-believer. It means you challenge all things and fairly inspect the evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sorry, but skeptic doesn’t mean ardent non-believer. It means you challenge all things and fairly inspect the evidence.

I'm sorry because you don't do that! You believe everything you're told & see is <probably> supernatural- YES-YOU-DO!!! Now don't insult my intelligence.

If you're going to reply to this then I'd suggest you think before you type because I'm REALLY  not in the mood for contradictory BS right now!...Seriously!!!!!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually, from  memory, I think it was ME who jokingly  commented that I had eaten it.

Actually it was Danydan that made the comment 

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

I'm sorry because you don't do that! You believe everything you're told & see is <probably> supernatural- YES-YOU-DO!!! Now don't insult my intelligence.

If you're going to reply to this then I'd suggest you think before you type because I'm REALLY  not in the mood for contradictory BS right now!...Seriously!!!!!

Sorry but I only spoke the truth. Giving any percentage  possibility to the paranormal and some to the normal seems to inflame some. What are their issues?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sorry but I only spoke the truth. Giving any percentage  possibility to the paranormal and some to the normal seems to inflame some. What are their issues?

no..No!! Every time I ask you this question:

give me examples (video footage, stories- well known or not) of cases where you feel it's probably real & cases where you feel it's probably not (lies, hoax, whatever) =you ALWAYS say I've never asked you this before & NEVER put forward examples!!
To me this IS insulting me!!

OK, now class this as the first time I've asked you! Putting forward examples is not the most important bit here===

what I want is for you to explain WHY you feel a case/ video is probably real & why not!?!?

CAN_YOU_DO_THAT!?!? If you can't/ don't then I respectfully ask you to keep ya puppy meter out of it until it means something! I'd appreciate it, thanks

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no..No!! Every time I ask you this question:

give me examples (video footage, stories- well known or not) of cases where you feel it's probably real & cases where you feel it's probably not (lies, hoax, whatever) =you ALWAYS say I've never asked you this before & NEVER put forward examples!!
To me this IS insulting me!!

OK, now class this as the first time I've asked you! Putting forward examples is not the most important bit here===

what I want is for you to explain WHY you feel a case/ video is probably real & why not!?!?

CAN_YOU_DO_THAT!?!? If you can't/ don't then I respectfully ask you to keep ya puppy meter out of it until it means something! I'd appreciate it, thanks

Go to any thread where the Papameter read above 50% and I’ll explain why.

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Go to any thread where the Papameter read above 50% and I’ll explain why.

oh yeah like i'm going to do that:no:

please answer the question here & now.. i'll repeat it for you:

give me examples (video footage, stories- well known or not) of cases where you feel it's probably real & cases where you feel it's probably not (lies, hoax, whatever)

having  difficulty with a simple question, are ya? i wonder why??:sleepy: say something interesting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Actually it was Danydan that made the comment 

jmccr8

Ok. I accept that as correct.

But I've made it  many  times in RL,   in talking with people who tell me I've kissed the blarney stone, and  I would be surprised if I hadn't said it sometime on UM   

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

To (some of )  them "the paranormal" is impossible, and   the very idea it might be real is seen as an insult to their intelligence,  and threat to their secure world view.

They give/allow for,  0% possibility /probability that ANY paranormal scenario is possible.   

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

oh yeah like i'm going to do that:no:

please answer the question here & now.. i'll repeat it for you:

having  difficulty with a simple question, are ya? i wonder why??:sleepy: say something interesting

When a person has an open mind, they look at the evidences and context of an event, then they do an open- minded statistical  and logical analysis of probabilities 

I don't always agree with papa's ratings, but I can see/understand the basis for them. 

eg claim is by a person who was drunk, or has mental health issues, or was tired. 

rating goes down.

Claim is by a person who is  sober, awake, and perfectly healthy.

Percentage will be higher 

Claim is supported by other witnesses.

Percentage goes up.

Claim is totally unverified. 

Percentage goes down.

Claim is physically possible if unlikely.

Percentage goes up.

Claim is absolutely physically impossible.

Percentage goes down  (but maybe not to zero, as our science and physics is improving all the time, and what seem impossible now, might later be shown to be have always been  possible )

Person has something to gain by making the claim. 

Percentage goes down. 

Person has nothing to gain, and perhaps something to lose, by making the. claim

Percentage  goes up. 

Edited by Mr Walker

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

When a person has an open mind, they look at the evidences and context of an event, the they do an open- minded statistical  and logical analysis of probabilities 

I don't always agree with papa's ratings, but I can see/understand the basis for them. 

eg claim is by a person who was drunk, or has mental health issues, or was tired. 

rating goes down.

Claim is by a person who is  sober, awake, and perfectly healthy.

Percentage will be higher 

Claim is supported by other witnesses.

Percentage goes up.

Claim is totally unverified. 

Percentage goes down.

Claim is physically possible if unlikely.

percentage goes up.

Claim is absolutely physically impossible.

Percentage goes down  (but maybe not to zero, as our science and physics is improving all the time, and what seem impossible now, might later be shown to be have always been  possible )

i'll assume you've read through the posts up to now..... can you answer the question i put forward to puppygeorge? just out of interest

• The topic was locked