Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream yields woman's winning lottery numbers

UM-Bot

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'll assume you've read through the posts up to now..... can you answer the question i put forward to puppygeorge? just out of interest

I thought that post WAS  my answer :) (as to how the papa meter works)  

Which  other question, specifically?  

Oh you mean this one 

give me examples (video footage, stories- well known or not) of cases where you feel it's probably real & cases where you feel it's probably not (lies, hoax, whatever)

Well anything written by me, obviously  :) 

Second, anything told to me by people I trust 

Third any events which are similar to my own experiences, I will be more open to.

So, for example, I am more open to claims of ghosts and poltergeists than telekinesis.

I am more open to claims of  mind reading and other  skills of the mind than to physical abilities like telekinetics.

I am ambivalent about claims of   physical alien contacts     but more open to claims of mental contacts . 

I am more sceptical of  claims of  things like meeting  bigfoot than I am of claims of meeting angels.  

If I spent more time on those sections of the forum I  might be able to answer you better but don't really know the diversity of unusual claims made by people. 

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I thought that post WAS  my answer :) (as to how the papa meter works)  

Which  other question, specifically?  

you thought- yeah great....give me an example of this then.... You're clever, apparently, so link me/ us to a youtube video that you feel is fake/ real & most importantly why... I'll make it easier==the subject matter is irrelevant, ufo, ghost etc

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you thought- yeah great....give me an example of this then.... You're clever, apparently, so link me/ us to a youtube video that you feel is fake/ real & most importantly why... I'll make it easier==the subject matter is irrelevant, ufo, ghost etc

See the addition to my post above 

I dont really look at such videos, I keep the sound off on my computer so it doesn't disturb my wife, who will be reading, listening to music, or otherwise, online, (although i do use buds on my tablet, at night   ) and apart from  a couple of ghost ones , I am  not  familiar with any. I would say that some of the better documented ghost claims  I would be 70/80 % "believing in" 

Claims of telekinesis or pyrotechnic abilities; 5-10 %  acceptance.  

You give ME a couple you are familiar with, and I will give you an opinion  

Edited by Mr Walker

Just now, Mr Walker said:

You give ME a couple you are familiar with, and I will give you an opinion  

no... you're technically answering a question with a question- i'm far too clever for that matey;)

ok, anything one might class as (supernatural in the broadest sense) 

link me to a video- you don't have to, as puppygeorge has worked out -just a bit of fun if you like..... what ya got? that's a good question under these circumstances :yes:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

quoted instead of edited

Edited by Mr Walker

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no... you're technically answering a question with a question- i'm far too clever for that matey;)

ok, anything one might class as (supernatural in the broadest sense) 

link me to a video- you don't have to, as puppygeorge has worked out -just a bit of fun if you like..... what ya got? that's a good question under these circumstances :yes:

Why should i do your work for you? :) 

I have nothing to prove. 

Plus as i said i don't watch them and cant listen to them ATM. anyway  

Its like you asking me for my opinion on a film i haven't seen and cant download 

Later, when i get on my tablet I might have a go. 

Edited by Mr Walker

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Why should i do your work for you? :) 

I have nothing to prove. 

i know that.... it's a bit of fun:tsu: you were backing up puppygeorge (because he seems to have difficulty with a simple question) so i assumed you were trying to help him out with the question i asked with regards to videos.. my deepest apologies 

14 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Plus as i said i don't watch them and cant listen to them ATM. anyway  

are you telling me that you're unable to connect to youtube right now, or anytime!?

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

oh yeah like i'm going to do that:no:

So, bring it on in any thread you disagree with my Papameter reading. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Hi Papa

He has, many times.:lol:

jmccr8

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

:sleepy:

how old are you?? Why will you not just class this as a separate thing & put forward a video or 2?? I would if you asked me...

Please don't reply asking me to do that= that would REALLY insult me! I asked the question first....

So come on puppy baby= put forward a video & show me/ us what you've got.?  hope springs eternal eh, puppy me ol mate

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

i know that.... it's a bit of fun:tsu: you were backing up puppygeorge (because he seems to have difficulty with a simple question) so i assumed you were trying to help him out with the question i asked with regards to videos.. my deepest apologies 

Ok, as a bit of fun I'Il give it a go.

With regard to your question in the next post 

I dont have much interest in the paranormal, outside of UM, and so  I've never really watched any sites  regarding it 

If i choose a source, it would probably  be something from  another area of this forum  

I can access you tube etc but I have the sound off on the computer in my office. My wife spends all day in her office, which is  connected by an open inner window, and neither  she nor I could concentrate  if we both had the sound on.

She listens to a lot of music as she reads, so  i let her have the sound.

ATM she has it extra loud as the local school swimming carnival is going on right next door with loud announcements, music,  and lots of crowd noise :)  My desk and hers are physically less than 4 yards/metres from each other, and we can see and hear each other through the window. 

Yes, I could use headphones on the computer, but I have about  20 tabs open all the time doing stuff, and so the sound is too difficult to manage (you'd have to turn off the sound from  every tab each time, except for the one you  were using right then )  

I use my tablet in the evenings with an ear bud, so I can hear stuff then.  My wife  has her own tablet but rarely uses sound on it She reads books online 

I also  have headphones for the TV, which I watch a lot of   

i found these which relate to one of the more intriguing case ive encountered.

I cant explain what happened here   but would rate it  pretty high as inexplicable   

I've read accounts of this before, but haven't  looked a t these specific videos, so cant be sure how the y report what happened  

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mysterious-voice-leads-police-baby-car-crash-article-1.2142732

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/life/home-garden/2015/03/12/mysterious-voice-utah-baby-rescued/70234940/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2986597/Toddler-improving-14-hours-upside-car-river.html

ps some reports say one of the officers did not hear the voice, but others say it was recorded on the police radio/recorders 

Four local police officers arrived first. They jumped into the freezing cold water (and were later treated for hypothermia) desperately try to get inside the vehicle. Then, about two minutes into the footage, you can hear a faint but urgent adult voice. Afterwards, officer Jared Warner responds, ‘We’re helping, we’re coming.’

https://thegoodnewstvshow.com/mysterous-voice-leads-poice-to-baby-in-submerged-car/

Edited by Mr Walker

13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ok, as a bit of fun I'Il give it a go.

With regard to your question in the next post 

I can access you tube etc but I have the sound off on the computer in my office. My wife spends all day in her office, which is  connected by an open inner window, and neither  she nor I could concentrate  if we both had the sound on.

She listens to a lot of music as she reads, so  i let her have the sound.

ATM she has it extra loud as the local school swimming carnival is going on right next door with loud announcements, music,  and lots of crowd noise :)  My desk and hers are physically less than 4 yards/metres from each other, and we can see and hear each other through the window. 

Yes, I could use headphones on the computer, but I have about  20 tabs open all the time doing stuff, and so the sound is too difficult to manage (you'd have to turn off the sound from  every tab each time, except for the one you  were using right then )  

I use my tablet in the evenings with an ear bud, so I can hear stuff then.  My wife  has her own tablet but rarely uses sound on it She reads books online 

I also  have headphones for the TV, which I watch a lot of   

you're a <self-confessed> intelligent individual!! Well, so you keep telling us all. Just find a vid you feel is interesting with regards to this debate & post a youtube video link mate, my 6-year-old grandchild could do it- headphones on/ off, in any room, in any location:sleepy:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you're a <self-confessed> intelligent individual!! Well, so you keep telling us all. Just find a vid you feel is interesting with regards to this debate & post a youtube video link mate, my 6-year-old grandchild could do it- headphones on/ off, in any room, in any location:sleepy:

Done.

Lucky I am such an obliging fellow, as well as being intelligent :)  :)  

But like I said, I haven't heard the content of the you tube part,  although I (just)  read all the articles I included. 

Edited by Mr Walker

9 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Done.

Lucky I am such an obliging fellow, as well as being intelligent :)  :)  

But like I said, I haven't heard the content of the you tube part,  although I (just)  read all the articles I included. 

right, great=== so post a link to something you feel is real supernatural & a link you feel is not, & explain why- i'm only asking this of you because you were quick to jump in defending puppygeorge

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dejarma said:

right, great=== so post a link to something you feel is real supernatural & a link you feel is not, & explain why- i'm only asking this of you because you were quick to jump in defending puppygeorge

Thats what i just did   (post 91) 

If it wasn't clear, this seems to be 80% plus, to have an unexplained   component to it.   (Due to the context and people involved)  

Call it supernatural, paranormal, or just inexplicable, but I tend to think a voice calling for   help was physically  heard, with only a dead woman and a baby in the car. 

I'll have a look for a link I think is "fake,' later. 

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

oh yeah like i'm going to do that:no:  please answer the question here & now..   i'll repeat it for you: having  difficulty with a simple question, are ya? i wonder why??:sleepy: say something interesting

It does seem the recurrent theme from a certain calibre of contributors here.  Big, badly-written, boastful claims, but when pushed for anything substantial it's "I'll come to that later" or "read my previous posts - it's all there" which of course it isn't.  I have no problem with people making bold, challenging claims, but without any evidence to back them up what really is the point? 

Psychic powers fall into this category because no one in thousands of years has ever:

• made a genuine, detailed prophecy that's come true (precognition)
  • read somebody's mind (telepathy)
  • moved something using only their thoughts (telekinesis)
  • left their body at the moment of death, floated up to the ceiling of the room they're in, seen what's on top of a wardrobe, decided not to die, floated back into their body, made a full recovery and then told people what they'd seen on the wardrobe (not sure if there's a groovy name for this, but it's another of those things weirdos claim happens, which proves something or other)
  • levitated 
  • talked to the dead
  • 'read' information from an object to solve a crime
  • 'read' information from an object, period

A certain verbose contributor to this thread would have us rip up all the rules of science, evidence and common sense in deference to his tales of divining the future through dreams.  Apparently dreams are more than just the brain processing information.  They're actually something substantial, part of cosmic energy vibrations psychic field stuff.  They probably float around imaginary astral planes, and slip into your heads when you sleep.  Something like that.  Certain 'gifted' or 'talented' people can tap into this network and grab dreams from the future.  These future dreams are not dreams but realities.  Well, one possible reality.  To be honest I'm not terribly sure how it all works but in his imagination it makes perfect sense.

These reality dreams are always something bad, never something good (like lottery numbers, or telling yourself ten years ago to buy bitcoin).  And the oddest thing is you immediately forget these dreams for years and years and years, until the moment of the event actually arrives.  And then it's - tell everyone "I knew this was gonna happen! (but forgot, so did nothing to prevent it)."

In his imagination it makes perfect sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked