Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Amazon fined $61.7M for stealing drivers tips

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Raptor Witness
46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't agree with that, I think it is corporations being treated as a human in legal matters, allowed to buy/own politicians etc. Our government, as designed is quite viable, we just need to get big money out of the government's pocket and disconnect them from the chains they have created.   

That could certainly be argued as a correction. However, I think that capitalism needs some protection from government, also.

The runaway separation between rich and poor, is not solely due to a separation of talent. We should not be rewarding white collar con artists to the degree we have, that’s for sure. Also, wealth passed down to a second generation of well trained con artists is even more dangerous.

We just saw a depraved individual, single-handedly, contribute to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of citizens, ending in an assault on the institution of our democracy with very little immediate consequences. Blaming rich people alone, isn’t the solution. There’s something wrong with the model itself.

The Free Press contributed to the rise of this con artist. So there was no actual check and balance coming from them. In fact, they highly profited from his con game.

The stage is set for a far more dangerous individual.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Eldorado

Amazon.com Inc's closely watched union election in Alabama had voter turnout of about 55%, and the public vote tally is expected to begin as early as Thursday afternoon, the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU) said in a statement.

MSN

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

Worker organization, isn’t the only solution to the overreach of business.

One of the reasons why the United States has fared so well on earth, is because of the governments protection of business,

The underlying truth, which should be clearly evident by now, is that the diversity of the human genome, is largely responsible for differences in class. However, this does not mean that a communist model is superior, by harming the overwhelming fruits of talent, embedded in the more successful parts.

The reality is, we can allow the diversity to exist, unfettered, while acknowledging the underlying truth, by more responsible divisions of wealth.

We’re not for the pandemic, the concept of the “essential worker” would likely never have appeared in the American lexicon.

The reasonable question to ask, is at what point do we stifle the formula, where upwards mobility is hampered or disenfranchised?

I don’t claim to have all the answers to this tough question, but I do believe that we must rethink our attitudes towards all members of our human family.

While we can argue whether Jesus Christ was an intellectual, far ahead of his time, or a true spiritual force of nature; He did have the right idea. Perhaps He understood the underlying formula for creating a successful species.

So here we are, at this crucial juncture between science and religion, without contemplating the possibilities.

Will we be allowed to re-engineer our bodies, on our own? I think not. Does it need to end in a collision? I hope not, but this seems to be the logical ending.

To admit that we may need help, to go further, is certainly no admission of inferiority, but rather of paternity.

Is it really that demeaning to imagine that we might need help to go further?

Humanism will continue to fail, by design. Our ignorance is what stands in the way.

In the end, it is the simple recognition of paternity, which allows us to jump to the next level of existence. 

This is where science and religion meet, but is proof of paternity provided or allowed? Perhaps it is, at the end, unless science is willing to lie to about our paternity.

Could we see a false claim of paternity as a test? It’s quite possible, but is this a question of our intelligence or character? Perhaps it is a reasonable test of both.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Worker organization, isn’t the only solution to the overreach of business.

One of the reasons why the United States has fared so well on earth, is because of the governments protection of business,

The underlying truth, which should be clearly evident by now, is that the diversity of the human genome, is largely responsible for differences in class. However, this does not mean that a communist model is superior, by harming the overwhelming fruits of talent, embedded in the more successful parts.

The reality is, we can allow the diversity to exist, unfettered, while acknowledging the underlying truth, by more responsible divisions of wealth.

We’re not for the pandemic, the concept of the “essential worker” would likely never have appeared in the American lexicon.

The reasonable question to ask, is at what point do we stifle the formula, where upwards mobility is hampered or disenfranchised?

I don’t claim to have all the answers to this tough question, but I do believe that we must rethink our attitudes towards all members of our human family.

While we can argue whether Jesus Christ was an intellectual, far ahead of his time, or a true spiritual force of nature; He did have the right idea. Perhaps He understood the underlying formula for creating a successful species.

So here we are, at this crucial juncture between science and religion, without contemplating the possibilities.

Will we be allowed to re-engineer our bodies, on our own? I think not. Does it need to end in a collision? I hope not, but this seems to be the logical ending.

To admit that we may need help, to go further, is certainly no admission of inferiority, but rather of paternity.

Is it really that demeaning to imagine that we might need help to go further?

Humanism will continue to fail, by design. Our ignorance is what stands in the way.

In the end, it is the simple recognition of paternity, which allows us to jump to the next level of existence. 

This is where science and religion meet, but is proof of paternity provided or allowed? Perhaps it is, at the end, unless science is willing to lie to about our paternity.

Could we see a false claim of paternity as a test? It’s quite possible, but is this a question of our intelligence or character? Perhaps it is a reasonable test of both.

Complete nonsense and off topic as far as I can tell.   I thought you had come back to the real world, but I guess that was temporary. :mellow:

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Complete nonsense and off topic as far as I can tell.   I thought you had come back to the real world, but I guess that was temporary. :mellow:

Actually, I’m spot on, with respect to a possible solution which is quite reasonable. One that can be imposed upon us, as easily as a pandemic, eye opener.

Whether you choose to believe in Imposed solutions, for whatever reason, is your choice.

Failed human governments don’t have a tendency to reinvent themselves. A belief that the human family is the only pecking order, in existence, is largely why.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Union organisers have vowed to challenge a closely watched union vote at an Amazon facility in Alabama, where a majority of workers who participated in the vote have opposed unionising.

The election results on Friday mark Amazon’s fierce anti-union effort against a dedicated labour organisation among workers and high-profile support from the halls of Congress to the White House.

MSN

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Union organisers have vowed to challenge a closely watched union vote at an Amazon facility in Alabama, where a majority of workers who participated in the vote have opposed unionising.

The election results on Friday mark Amazon’s fierce anti-union effort against a dedicated labour organisation among workers and high-profile support from the halls of Congress to the White House.

MSN

71 percent opposed seems pretty conclusive to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

71 percent opposed seems pretty conclusive to me.

Kinda sad that only 55% bothered to vote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
6 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Kinda sad that only 55% bothered to vote.

It's interesting but I get it.

Unions are a complicated thing. My current job has a union and they do work.

But my first job out of Highschool was between Walmart and Kroger. Kroger was unionized, Walmart not. 

The pay was the same and benefits seemed about the same expect at Kroger union dues got taken out of your salary. 

Unions don't always accomplish much. So I can understand how the Amazon workers feel.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
25 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's interesting but I get it.

Unions are a complicated thing. My current job has a union and they do work.

But my first job out of Highschool was between Walmart and Kroger. Kroger was unionized, Walmart not. 

The pay was the same and benefits seemed about the same expect at Kroger union dues got taken out of your salary. 

Unions don't always accomplish much. So I can understand how the Amazon workers feel.

My son in law worked for a trucking company that was non-union and locally owned.  The teamsters came in and started recruiting and he told the boss who on the job was doing the recruiting because he thought it sounded like a good deal, but my daughter and his boss explained why it wasn't a good deal for a small shop, especially since they had really good benefits to begin with.  The teamsters started harrassing him while he was working (delivering gas to gas stations), and at one point he was attacked late at night and ended up in the hospital.   Unions do help when the help is needed but unions like the teamsters have outlived their usefulness in my opinion.

My friend worked at different grocery stores and she did prefer the union ones because since wages are typically low in New Mexico she did get paid better and better benefits from the union store, even though the extra she got paid all went to the union, the conditions were better.    My mom helped get a teachers union in the city in 1970's and before she retired she had quit the union as they had started loosing benefits based on deals the union made with the school system.

 

Edited by Desertrat56
wrong year
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

A failed attempt to unionize Amazon.com warehouse workers shows why Congress needs to pass proposed legislation to protect labor unions against corporations' anti-organizing efforts, Democratic lawmakers and labor activists said Friday.

Reuters report at MSN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
5 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

A failed attempt to unionize Amazon.com warehouse workers shows why Congress needs to pass proposed legislation to protect labor unions against corporations' anti-organizing efforts, Democratic lawmakers and labor activists said Friday.

Reuters report at MSN

It has to work both ways and when the union proves to no longer be of use there has to be a way of removing them without loosing the protection they originally created.  The problem that Amazon takes advantage of is that they have their warehouses in depressed areas where there are no other jobs so people don't quit when they are abused.   A union might help that but I bet after 10 years the union goal becomes continued existence in spite of the workers it is supposed to protect, which is what I think the teamsters are, as well as a lot of teachers unions.  The industry I am working in and have for 45 years does not have unions, as there is only one sector where employees are abused and that is game development and I think they are becoming unionized, which should solve some problems, but how long will the union be useful? 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Eldorado

Aye... it's a human problem.  Power corrupts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.