Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Van with 12 Dogs Stolen

Mirzam

I can't wait until they catch this person.

"The van was stolen on Tuesday as Sunni Liston, the owner of the Coopers Dogpatch dog daycare business, unloaded a client’s dog.

Liston told the Washington Post she saw a man slip into the front seat of the van and speed away – she had left the keys in the ignition – as she handled the dog.

The thief had made away not only with the van, but also the phone, purse and the 12 dogs it contained."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/04/portland-dog-van-stolen-found

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-thief-stole-a-doggy-day-care-van-with-12-pups-inside-amateur-sleuths-got-the-dogs-home-safe/ar-BB1dnRXT?fb_comment_id=1171497172969462_1171569652962214%3fc

• Sad 3

Unfortunately,  that is why you don't leave your keys in the ignition.  You are tempting the thief, not that the van is not theirs and they shouldn't touch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Unfortunately,  that is why you don't leave your keys in the ignition.  You are tempting the thief, not that the van is not theirs and they shouldn't touch

Twelve dogs is a big responsibility! I've seen those vans around before. Looks like an awesome job. They definitely learned a lesson with that situation. You think the person would have considered that and it makes me wonder if it were staged for publicity and they knew the thief. Doubt it, but regardless I'm ecstatic that it was resolved so quickly and no pups were harmed in the process. 

• Like 1

Don't know what it's like over there but dogs in Oz atm are worth big money, something to do with covid madness. Dog thieves aren't far behind kidnappers and should have their hands cut off imo.

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I see this happening more over the last few years and I've never understood why people take the risk.  I've even seen vehicles left RUNNING with a kid waiting for the adult to finish in the convenience store.  The only time I ever left a vehicle running when I got out was when it was such an old "beater" that I wasn't sure it would restart :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1