Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man plans to send flat earther into space


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

An annoyed Scot is trying to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to send a 'flat earther' into space to prove the world is round.

Marc Gauld was so fed up of a mate's 'nonsense' telling him that the world is flat that he has launched a campaign to raise £250,000 to send a flat earther into the atmosphere to look at the globe for themselves.

The 37-year-old oil worker from Aberdeen looked up the cost of a seat on a Virgin Galactic flight and said he was '100% serious' about sending a doubter into space to prove the earth is round.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/annoyed-scot-raising-250000-send-23399557

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/skeptical-scottish-man-seeking-funds-to-send-flat-earther-on-trip-to-space/

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Ok then... me too!  I say it's flat!  I wanna go for free!

 

although... :unsure2:...

if-the-earth-was-flat-cats-would-have-pu

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't waste your money. Whoever you choose will just say you faked everything anyway. Ridiculous that we're two decades into the 21st century, and these Flerfers think the Earth is flat.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Proving something to a group of flat earth conspiracy theorists is laughable. Say they send the President of the Flat Earth Society to space and you get what you want from the guy. He says something to the effect of �I was wrong. The earth is not flat after all. Sorry about that.� The first thing the other flat earthers would say is the government used drugs and brainwashing techniques perfected by the CIA or the Illuminati to dupe their poor leader.

The whole thing would be a waste of time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The money to send a couple of people into space would be better spent helping to fund the educations of the next generation. Donate it to schools, buy supplies for teachers and students, or set up a scholarship fund.
250K could really help a lot of kids/young adults. Flat earthers are a lost cause, LOL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alpha_Q said:

Is there a way we can send all flat-Earthers into space?

Hopefully. And the Qanonsense people too! They're actually stupid and dangerous, unlike flat-earthers...Who are just stupid. Although, I bet there's a Venn diagram with serious overlap there, especially in the US.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a waste of money. You are not going to change that guy's mind. He's willfully ignorant. You cannot fix that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s common knowledge that the earth is flat, resting on the backs of 4 elephants who are standing on a giant turtle name A’Tuin. Don’t know why people keep pushing those Omnian lies about spheres and such. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
13 hours ago, Still Waters said:

An annoyed Scot is trying to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to send a 'flat earther' into space to prove the world is round.

Marc Gauld was so fed up of a mate's 'nonsense' telling him that the world is flat that he has launched a campaign to raise £250,000 to send a flat earther into the atmosphere to look at the globe for themselves.

The 37-year-old oil worker from Aberdeen looked up the cost of a seat on a Virgin Galactic flight and said he was '100% serious' about sending a doubter into space to prove the earth is round.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/annoyed-scot-raising-250000-send-23399557

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/skeptical-scottish-man-seeking-funds-to-send-flat-earther-on-trip-to-space/

I wish him good luck on his effort, but to be honest its probably in vain. Chances are that his mate will just claim it was faked somehow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kismit said:

100% the best story of 2021 thus far

‘Irate Scot wants to send flat Earther into space’ is quite a good headline too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand the frustration. I too have a friend that believes this and seeks scientific answers from me every day, but whenever things are explained that dont suit her flat earth paradigm suddenly everything is a lie. She refuses to fly in a plane or get a job either. Good luck with that one they won't change their minds, too indoctrinated. The money would be better spent on education programs for children who still have a chance not to be clueless the rest of their lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I understand the frustration. I too have a friend that believes this and seeks scientific answers from me every day, but whenever things are explained that dont suit her flat earth paradigm suddenly everything is a lie. She refuses to fly in a plane or get a job either. Good luck with that one they won't change their minds, too indoctrinated. The money would be better spent on education programs for children who still have a chance not to be clueless the rest of their lives.

I'm interested to know how being a flat Earther means that she refuses to get a job ? :wacko: Most jobs doesn't require you to have a particular belief in the shape of the Earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strap him to a big black power powered rocket and send him up. You don't have to reach orbit to see its curvature...Don't include a parachute in his return package. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

What a waste of money. You are not going to change that guy's mind. He's willfully ignorant. You cannot fix that.

Either that, or the bloke is going to go up to Marc Gauld after the flight and say something like, "I can't believe I convinced you I was a Flat Earther. But thanks for the flight, it was great!"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 3:22 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm interested to know how being a flat Earther means that she refuses to get a job ? :wacko: Most jobs doesn't require you to have a particular belief in the shape of the Earth.

Try comprehensive reading. Nobody ever said being a flat earther was the reason she doesn't believe in working, it was a characteristic which I listed in common with the mentality of the flat earthers in the article. You might actually understand things if you learn to delve the information within the sentences, rather than making weak attempts to pick holes each time where there aren't any, and focusing on it so much that you fail to comprehend each simple statement.

 

By the way I hate to break it to you but trolling everything I say just because I share info you are apparently obsessed with disputing isnt remotely similar to being a sceptic. A sceptic is a critical thinker. You are not. You are so determined to discredit me every day in the silliest ways and don't even seem to realise that its very cult like, this obsession with trying to prove things are as you expect and inability to comprehend anything outside of your paradigm. The willingness to fight and twist any and every statement to try and suit your indoctrinated narrative isnt the least bit scientific. I can't even fathom how dimwitted and obsessive you have to be with my statements to make a response this idiotic each and every time i post.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Try comprehensive reading. Nobody ever said being a flat earther was the reason she doesn't believe in working, it was a characteristic which I listed in common with the mentality of the flat earthers in the article. You might actually understand things if you learn to delve the information within the sentences, rather than making weak attempts to pick holes each time where there aren't any, and focusing on it so much that you fail to comprehend each simple statement.

 

By the way I hate to break it to you but trolling everything I say just because I share info you are apparently obsessed with disputing isnt remotely similar to being a sceptic. A sceptic is a critical thinker. You are not. You are so determined to discredit me every day in the silliest ways and don't even seem to realise that its very cult like, this obsession with trying to prove things are as you expect and inability to comprehend anything outside of your paradigm. The willingness to fight and twist any and every statement to try and suit your indoctrinated narrative isnt the least bit scientific. I can't even fathom how dimwitted and obsessive you have to be with my statements to make a response this idiotic each and every time i post.

Calm down. I misunderstood what you wrote. When I saw this:

On 2/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, Nnicolette said:

 She refuses to fly in a plane or get a job either.

I though that her refiusal to get a job was related to her flat Earth beliefs. I was in no way saying anything about you. How is that trolling ?

If I'm really as bad as you seem to think I am why don't you just block me, as apparently I'm some kind of monster. :no: 

Maybe you should go back and see how many times I have responded to you. I think you will find that its actually not very many.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't prove a flat Earther is wrong, even if they go into space they claim the glass/(whatever material it is) is molded to make the planet look round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.