Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sprit animals in my computer chair?

Eventide

So far no one has been able to help me on this one...I hope there is someone out there who can.  I have a couple of spirit cats who are with me day and night.  Sometimes I sense there are more, because they sleep along my body and across my feet.  I can feel their warmth, their weight and their fur, and can feel them walking on the bed.  During the day as I work on the computer one of them will curl up behind me on my computer chair which causes me to move forward to the edge of my seat so I do not sit on it.  I can feel the paws pushing on my back if I sit too far back on the chair.  This animal(cat) with be with me until I go to bed, where when I sit down on the bed, I feel other cats behind me on the bed.  The reason I believe that they are cats is because of their size, their light footprints on the bed, and the way they curl up.  I have also seen the face of one of them when I was just waking up and saw the misty face of a cat in a small white cloud moving up to my ceiling.  They are there every day....but why now....I have not had a pet cat for years and years. I usually had dogs.  Why are they here? Thanks so much for your input.

Eventide

• Like 2

Past owners of the house had cats? You have the right energy for attracting cats? Did the cat face you saw look like your old pet? You're imagining it all?

I always have personally viewed experiences like these as a wanting for companionship. Sometimes I think the things we truly desire have a may of manifesting, even if we're the only ones that can see them or feel them. Do you have pets or a significant other? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Eventide said:

During the day as I work on the computer one of them will curl up behind me on my computer chair which causes me to move forward to the edge of my seat so I do not sit on it.

Why are you frightened of injuring an invisible dead cat?

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The imagination is a wonderful thing.  I concur with the Good Looking Ape.   You created them in your mind because of your want/need for companionship.  I have a friend...who has had an  imaginary friend his entire life.  He is now eightyish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard, @Eventide

There's a thread you may wish to consider

It features the work of Tanya Luhrmann, a psychologist-anthropologist at Stanford. She has this concept of "real-making," which is to say, exercises and ways of going about things which have the effect of creating various feelings of the presence of beings who aren't there physically. The usual application is religious, but she also showed the same techniques work for secular beings.

So, for you it's cats, I think.

BTW, what sort of "help" are you seeking? They don't sound like much of a problem (well, if a non-physical cat was pushing me out of my chair, I'd reach behind me, pick her up and place her on the floor, and settle back ... but that's me).

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eventide said:

So far no one has been able to help me on this one...I hope there is someone out there who can.  I have a couple of spirit cats who are with me day and night.  Sometimes I sense there are more, because they sleep along my body and across my feet.  I can feel their warmth, their weight and their fur, and can feel them walking on the bed.  During the day as I work on the computer one of them will curl up behind me on my computer chair which causes me to move forward to the edge of my seat so I do not sit on it.  I can feel the paws pushing on my back if I sit too far back on the chair.  This animal(cat) with be with me until I go to bed, where when I sit down on the bed, I feel other cats behind me on the bed.  The reason I believe that they are cats is because of their size, their light footprints on the bed, and the way they curl up.  I have also seen the face of one of them when I was just waking up and saw the misty face of a cat in a small white cloud moving up to my ceiling.  They are there every day....but why now....I have not had a pet cat for years and years. I usually had dogs.  Why are they here? Thanks so much for your input.

Eventide

You might see a past pet dog on it's way to the other side but cats I believe are free spirits in life and beyond, they come and go as suits them.

Edited by openozy

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Hi @Eventide, what help have you tried to get this far?

What help do they need ? The OP sounds pretty contented with the spirit cats to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They'll leave when they're ready to. In the meantime enjoy them. I would.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eventide said:

So far no one has been able to help me on this one...I hope there is someone out there who can.

*snip*

3 hours ago, openozy said:

What help do they need ? The OP sounds pretty contented with the spirit cats to me.

I didn’t say that they need help.

They literally say that they hope there is someone else there who can help them, in the first sentence of OP...

So I asked what help they’ve tried to get.

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

didn’t say that they need help.

They literally say that they hope there is someone else there who can help them, in the first sentence of OP...

So I asked what help they’ve tried to get.

My humble apologies good sir.

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

They'll leave when they're ready to. In the meantime enjoy them. I would.

Thats what I said about all my ex. 

• Haha 5

Im not a believer of ghost pets or that this doesnt start and end in the mind of the believer but i too am curious what help you need you seem happy with your imaginary friends, and as a keeper of real cats i say you got a sweet deal no litter boxes to clean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 11:12 PM, Eventide said:

Eventide

For a while, my spirit animal was a cat.  Now, however, my main spirit animal is a cow.  "Cow" is related to placidity and calming down emotionally, which is something I am working on.  However, no matter my spirit animal, I have never seen them the way you do.

Does the cats' presence frighten you at all?

Also, while you said you mostly had dogs, can you think of any early experiences you had featuring cats?

On 2/6/2021 at 7:25 PM, joc said:

The imagination is a wonderful thing.  I concur with the Good Looking Ape.   You created them in your mind because of your want/need for companionship.  I have a friend...who has had an  imaginary friend his entire life.  He is now eightyish.

I don’t buy it. Not to say I’m right. And I can only draw from my own personal experiences, but I have intentionally imagined a million things. None of them ever came to life in a way I couldn’t tell the difference between it and reality. 

Lately I’ve had many experiences similar to the OP. I wasn’t looking for it to happen. I never once thought of it beforehand as a desirable thing. Out of nowhere it just happened. To me imagination implies a will for it to happen. I just don’t see it. 

Now that’s not to say I know it’s paranormal. I just don’t think imagination is the answer here. 

24 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I don’t buy it. Not to say I’m right. And I can only draw from my own personal experiences, but I have intentionally imagined a million things. None of them ever came to life in a way I couldn’t tell the difference between it and reality. 

Lately I’ve had many experiences similar to the OP. I wasn’t looking for it to happen. I never once thought of it beforehand as a desirable thing. Out of nowhere it just happened. To me imagination implies a will for it to happen. I just don’t see it. 

Now that’s not to say I know it’s paranormal. I just don’t think imagination is the answer here. 

But I wasn't talking about your personal experiences either.  I was addressing the OP personal experience.  :)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, joc said:

But I wasn't talking about your personal experiences either.  I was addressing the OP personal experience.  :)

Right, but for the same reasons, I don’t think imagination has anything to do with it. 

To the OP, before you experienced this, did you ever spend anytime imagining such a thing?

To me imagination implies a will for it to happen. I

On 2/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

To the OP, before you experienced this, did you ever spend anytime imagining such a thing?

I dont believe that matters at all, the likely reply will be to the effect of, oh, no i never imagined imaginary pet cats.

Cats exist and so does make believe,  imagination and hallucination.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:40 AM, preacherman76 said:

None of them ever came to life in a way I couldn’t tell the difference between it and reality

mental institutions are full of people who cant tell the difference.

To me imagination implies a will for it to happen.

No need to get hung up on semantics ill call it hallucination then.

Edited by the13bats

45 minutes ago, the13bats said:

To me imagination implies a will for it to happen. I

I dont believe that matters at all, the likely reply will be to the effect of, oh, no i never imagined imaginary pet cats.

Cats exist and so does make believe,  imagination and hallucination.

mental institutions are full of people who cant tell the difference.

No need to get hung up on semantics ill call it hallucination then.

Hey bats. 

yeah that’s pretty much my point, it isn’t imagination. You could call it a hallucination, but what does that really even mean? Often the word is used to describe an event where there is no reason to think it was a hallucination, other than because of what the person described wasn’t normal. 

Being fair, and holding everyone, believers and cynic’s alike to the same standard, there is no scientific reason to believe a person who had say one profound experience, never before and never again, had a hallucination. 

The material I’ve read on it would say it was a hallucination. But there would only be a description of what the person claimed. It would be said it was a hallucination based solely on the belief what they saw wasn’t possible. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Hey bats. 

yeah that’s pretty much my point, it isn’t imagination. You could call it a hallucination, but what does that really even mean? Often the word is used to describe an event where there is no reason to think it was a hallucination, other than because of what the person described wasn’t normal. 

Being fair, and holding everyone, believers and cynic’s alike to the same standard, there is no scientific reason to believe a person who had say one profound experience, never before and never again, had a hallucination. 

The material I’ve read on it would say it was a hallucination. But there would only be a description of what the person claimed. It would be said it was a hallucination based solely on the belief what they saw wasn’t possible. 

In this case unless i missed it they didnt for example give a description of the alleged "cat" it just fits with whats cats are known to do so in my case i come to the possible explanations,

Ghost, spectral otherworldly entities. Um no.

Imagination, hallucination, make believe mental issues, whatever ever name you care to use but the experencer is "sincere".  possible.

The story teller is full of bull. I do not lean to this in this case.

Last, unexplained which isnt a jump to any conclusion. Considerable.