Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow moving around eye closed ?

Kaynos

Hello, 1st post here, just found this forum, hope to get an answer to my question, can't seem to find any information anywhere about this. 

For as a long as i remember i always saw them.  Until recently i thought it was normal for everyone to see stuff like that at night when eyes are closed, but apparently no.

When i go to bed at night i can see what look like shadows moving around and morphing shape, to give you an idea it looks similar to a lava lamp, moving, morphing around.

The thing is some of them are not moving around and have fixed forms.  Some look humanoid in shape.  I often can see one or two of them, on either side of me (in my bed), looking down on me.  I can even see them move their arm around, just in front of my face.

I know it sound crazy but it's true.  As long as i remember i always saw them.  I can choose NOT to see them if i want.  When i want to see them, i just focus my sight (eye closed) and they appear.  Some nights i can be in my bed and just watch them move around for minutes at the time.

Peoples say they are just floaters but floaters don't look down on you having a fixed humanoid shape.  And floaters move around with eye movement, i don't move my eyes when they are closed.

Anyone experiencing something similar ?  

• Like 2

EH ?  Oh you think it's a joke post because it's my first one ?  OKAY.  I'm not looking for popularity here, just want to find an answer.  I mean nice introduction for new posters for an "unexplained mysteries" board.  Welcome to post your story but NOT if it's too weird.....  i can go elsewhere if you want, there's many other forums around the net, i was just happy to found one that is active.  

Edited by Kaynos
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kaynos said:

EH ?  Oh you think it's a joke post because it's my first one ?  OKAY.  I'm not looking for popularity here, just want to find an answer.  I mean nice introduction for new posters for an "unexplained mysteries" board.  Welcome to post your story but NOT if it's too weird.....  i can go elsewhere if you want, there's many other forums around the net, i was just happy to found one that is active.  

You get used too it..  

My advice is too not worry about it.   I get the feeling you want it to be something.   I got eye floaters and they are dam annoying.  Whether this is it or not, who knows, don't let it concerns you as you can drive yourself crazy.

14 minutes ago, Kaynos said:

Like your attitude already.

My first thought is that you may be seeing etheric and astral entities. The stage between sleep and awake seems to be where many people see these things. Perhaps your psychic senses are more active than most.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

You get used too it..  

My advice is too not worry about it.   I get the feeling you want it to be something.   I got eye floaters and they are dam annoying.  Whether this is it or not, who knows, don't let it concerns you as you can drive yourself crazy.

Do you get them only at night ?  I did lots of research on floaters and i don't want to get it to "be something" but i don't think floaters is the answer.   I don't want anything but an answer and the best would be someone having a similar experience to share.  

It might be more normal than you think. Something similar to this is a known phenomenon. The brain doesn't like not getting input so when it's deprived of it,sometimes it'll manufacture input and feed it back into the optic nerve. Sometimes when I close my eyes and can't sleep, I get these concentric rippling patterns across my vision like tv interference. Really annoying when you're not to drift off.

And low and behold, that's exactly the analogy this explanation uses:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-do-i-see-patterns-when-i-close-my-eyes_b_7597438

More:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

Edit: the brain thing was an explanation I read years ago but I don't know who well that matches with the info given above.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 5

Hi Kaynos and welcome to UM.

I have experienced something similar, but ended up being my wild imagination. And since you did say your eyes were closed, and you said that you can choose to see them or not.

My thoughts are, you are imagining them, and for such a long time the brain is tricked into thinking it real.

• Like 1

Let me start by saying we here can only offer opinions, and anything like this could be the symptom of a medical condition so you need to get it checked out by a professional.

No, i dont not believe its floaters, floaters are debris floating in the eye fluid, this is what oniomancer is saying and from the optic nerve and brain.

Also i do not believe in theories like paranormal or phychic gifts that have never been proven, i also suffer from mental issues of drdp, ptsd, nerves panic types things, so i bring all that baggage to the table.

I have experenced exactly what you described but only up to a point, there are times while im in bed eyes closed that i too see a black lava lamp type show, it flows and swirls, and if i try i can sometimes get it to slow or change but i cannot get it to go away, nor do i see it all the time,  i end up drifting off to sleep but its very nerve racking.

The only vauge triggers or connections i have are if im over tired, perhaps work up too soon or over stressed.

As far as seeing shadowly human forms i do not see those, however i do not believe any type otherwordly entities are involved, imnsho you are trying to go to sleep and while drifting off the brain gets into that hypnagogic area where you are dreaming/hallucinating these beings.

This type thing is how our brains work and was supported in works of drs like susan blackmore and the late dr Michael persinger, its a very light version of what might be called alien abductions by some people who will also experences paralysis,  this stuff is of the brain and very very real to those who experience it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Kaynos said:

Peoples say they are just floaters but floaters don't look down on you having a fixed humanoid shape.  And floaters move around with eye movement, i don't move my eyes when they are closed.

Only you know what you are seeing. If it is paranormal you won't find an explanation, just ideas.

I get this too, pretty much the same as the13bats.  They swirl and move and if I wish I can manipulate their movement to a point.  If I'm being honest it's not something I gave much thought to and assumed was part of the process of falling asleep as this has occurred since childhood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is different though. The op can see distinct shapes, whereas everyone else is describing amphormous shapes. Welcome to the forum btw. Sorry about your bad first impression. There are some really decent people here. Don't let one bad apple drive you away. So, you can only see them with your eyes closed? Are they threatening, or make you feel threatened? Does it repeat? Same amount of shadow figures each time, or variable? Any noise associated with it? Keep a log of it, while the impressions are fresh in your mind. Then compare them. Best I can do for now. Good luck with it. Regards.

I highly suggest anyone who has interest in actual research on this subect rather than saying "i dont know, so it must be paranormal" look up work by dr susan blackmore and the late dr Michael persinger who proved in his lab by stimulating the brain with weak magnetic fields that test subjects sure did hallucinate things like shadow beings or human like shapes, thats how the brain works no paranormal needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Sounds like you are in some form of trance. Like meditation. I just recently got a meditation machine, and have seen things like this often while using it. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Sounds like you are in some form of trance. Like meditation. I just recently got a meditation machine, and have seen things like this often while using it. 

Very interesting, Are you saying the "machine"causes you to have hallucinations? Do you have any nervious or panic issues?

Dr Persingers "God helmet" had such effects on test subjects, Persinger theorized from his lab work that things both natural like Tectonic shift or perhaps EMFs like from phones might just trigger these hallucinations.

Edited by the13bats

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

I highly suggest anyone who has interest in actual research on this subect rather than saying "i dont know, so it must be paranormal" look up work by dr susan blackmore and the late dr Michael persinger who proved in his lab by stimulating the brain with weak magnetic fields that test subjects sure did hallucinate things like shadow beings or human like shapes, thats how the brain works no paranormal needed.

Artificially stimulated. A low level short cut to the paranormal, similar to some drugs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Artificially stimulated. A low level short cut to the paranormal, similar to some drugs.

Um, not at all, unless in your world "paranormal" means "mental issues" that only exist in that persons mind.

I do hope it is not the dreaded droopy eye syndrome... 

~

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Um, not at all, unless in your world "paranormal" means "mental issues" that only exist in that persons mind.

So using magnetic fields on a persons brain isn't artificial stimulation? Not everyone that doesn't think like you has mental issues, on the contrary, lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Very interesting, Are you saying the "machine"causes you to have hallucinations? Do you have any nervious or panic issues?

Dr Persingers "God helmet" had such effects on test subjects, Persinger theorized from his lab work that things both natural like Tectonic shift or perhaps EMFs like from phones might just trigger these hallucinations.

No not hallucinations. I see these things with eyes closed, like seeing it with the minds eye. You can see all kinds of things. From fireworks to geometrical shapes, to land scapes, to these entity type creatures. It quickly puts you into a deep trance. Like getting the effects of meditation right away, as though you have been doing it for years. 

Yeah I’ve read quite a bit about the God helmet. My question has always been whether or not what people see is a hallucination, or if the brain, through the magnetic field, tuning in to seeing things that are always there. Like a radio?

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

No not hallucinations. I see these things with eyes closed, like seeing it with the minds eye. You can see all kinds of things. From fireworks to geometrical shapes, to land scapes, to these entity type creatures. It quickly puts you into a deep trance. Like getting the effects of meditation right away, as though you have been doing it for years. 

Yeah I’ve read quite a bit about the God helmet. My question has always been whether or not what people see is a hallucination, or if the brain, through the magnetic field, tuning in to seeing things that are always there. Like a radio?

You don't need a God Helmet or a machine to see things with your eyes closed.  Just close your eyes and put a small amount of pressure on your eyes with your hands for an extended period of time.  Am I the only kid that ever did that? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2021 at 6:12 PM, Kaynos said:

Hello, 1st post here, just found this forum, hope to get an answer to my question, can't seem to find any information anywhere about this. 

For as a long as i remember i always saw them.  Until recently i thought it was normal for everyone to see stuff like that at night when eyes are closed, but apparently no.

When i go to bed at night i can see what look like shadows moving around and morphing shape, to give you an idea it looks similar to a lava lamp, moving, morphing around.

The thing is some of them are not moving around and have fixed forms.  Some look humanoid in shape.  I often can see one or two of them, on either side of me (in my bed), looking down on me.  I can even see them move their arm around, just in front of my face.

I know it sound crazy but it's true.  As long as i remember i always saw them.  I can choose NOT to see them if i want.  When i want to see them, i just focus my sight (eye closed) and they appear.  Some nights i can be in my bed and just watch them move around for minutes at the time.

Anyone experiencing something similar ?  

I got one of those in my eye. Looks different depending on what day it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

You don't need a God Helmet or a machine to see things with your eyes closed.  Just close your eyes and put a small amount of pressure on your eyes with your hands for an extended period of time.  Am I the only kid that ever did that? 

That true, but still nothing like this machine. It’s almost like tripping without the drugs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I am or was calling it "hallucination" in the way one might call coke a cola a a soft drink,  it was a go to like you did when you referred to persinger test subjects having hallucinations where what they experence is more described like what the OP described or you described.

Your trance or a person drifting off is to me more less the same thing the brain is allowed if you will to run free, however in your case you are conscience and in control, persingers subjects know they are in a safe cozy lab but some who have these type experences just drifting off find them uncomfortable all the way to horrifying.

still i do believe they are like dreams created and seen in the minds eye as you put it, but we also have folks who will say they awoke in a start looked across the room and saw some weird frightening whatever, i do not believe it existed outside their mind but very real to them and is related to vivid dreaming.

I might try a machine like yours if i didnt fear it would trigger panic which if i do not fight it hard when i do have this visions in my minds eye all worn out tired trying to sleep has happened.

42 minutes ago, joc said:

No, you are not the only kid to do that and i only stopped when my panic issues didnt like it its different in a way to how the god helmet or PMs machine works,  but in the same vein to me, when we press gently on the eye ball correct me of im wrong we are physically stimulating the optic nerve and we get the floor show.

In the case of the god helmet its stimulating the temporal lobes and like pressing the eye causing a reaction  and with preachers machince its helping him reach his trance/sleeplike state quicker and deeper allowing his mind to present the floorshow which i would speculate he can experence when he mediates with or without the machine.

As far as the god helmet tuning us in to things already there in an artistic licence on "seeing things always there" sure, its part of how the human brain works so we will all see the same type of floorshow but if one means autonomous entities or otherworldly beings i do not believe that is the case these floorshows are created by our brains and only exist there, ( wether we see them minds eye or in front of us )

On a side step I recall years back reading about Fakir Musafar he was i guess the godfather of the modern primitive trend but he started way back like in the 40s experimenting with what he called "body play" basically self torture and mutilation, at one point he made an iron framework to hang himself with hooks in his flesh in his version Okipa ceremony of the mandan tribes,

Musafar reported feeling light and seeing shadow type entities who were interested in those you seeked enlightment this way, ( sound like ceneobites to me ) he said he floated out of his body and would look at his body from across the room, shock trama is a powerful thing.

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

That true, but still nothing like this machine. It’s almost like tripping without the drugs

What does the machine do ?