Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mindfulness

Sherapy

51 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Don't mind me. I'm just here to watch the train wreck.:whistle:

In keeping with the OP, I choose rerouting our thread back to the exploration of mindfulness. 

Question for you: when you create sigils are they crafted as representations of your unconscious too? If so how do you distinguish conscious from unconscious. If I am way off track can you refresh my understanding of sigils. 

I have been reading the book @eight bits recommended “Jung, A Very Short Introduction”

If you ever get a chance to read this book, your thoughts would be valuable. 

A917DE3A-ABAA-452C-B49D-C9616E874B36.jpeg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It’ll get the padlock soon enough, sadly. 

Let’s not let this happen. The best thing at this point is to move on.

It is such a good thread overall, NW do you mediate?

• Like 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

Let’s not let this happen. The best thing at this point is to move on.

It is such a good thread overall, NW do you mediate?

Did you mean “meditate”? If so, then yes... but inconsistently.

I try to meditate whenever the thought occurs to me: when I’m drinking a cup of tea I focus on the weight of the cup, the scent, the taste of the drink, the texture of the cup pressed against my lips, etc.

Being present is what I struggle immensely with as it violates the basis of my anxiety issues, which is essentially apprehension about hypotheticals rather than simply focusing on just being in the present.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Was. 

Putting certain people on ignore has made it that much more enjoyable.

As an aside, I do have to give kudos where it’s due: certain posters did not get the attention that they wanted in this thread. It was really nice seeing them blatantly ignored for the most part.

I look forward to future threads that follow suit. This was an impressive improvement!

Do not throw in the towel, as we say in mindfulness if one gets distracted, ground, breath and let it all go and return to the present moment. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

In keeping with the OP, I choose rerouting our thread back to the exploration of mindfulness. 

Question for you: when you create sigils are they crafted as representations of your unconscious too? If so how do you distinguish conscious from unconscious. If I am way off track can you refresh my understanding of sigils. 

I have been reading the book @eight bits recommended “Jung, A Very Short Introduction”

With the Sigils then you have to get your consciousness out of the way to implant them in your subconcious.

Charging them at the moment of orgasm is one way.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Did you mean “meditate”? If so, then yes... but inconsistently.

I try to meditate whenever the thought occurs to me: when I’m drinking a cup of tea I focus on the weight of the cup, the scent, the taste of the drink, the texture of the cup pressed against my lips, etc.

Being present is what I struggle immensely with as it violates the basis of my anxiety issues, which is essentially apprehension about hypotheticals rather than simply focusing on just being in the present.

Yes, I meant meditate :blush: I actually lost 30 pounds just being mindful as I eat. By paying attention I discovered so much about myself observing myself eating. Interesting, huh? How about you when you work out to alleviate anxiety what have you discovered being mindful? 

Did you see Xeno’s DE video? 

NW we all fall out of the present moment for the same reasons, just curious have you ever practiced yoga? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

With the Sigils then you have to get your consciousness out of the way to implant them in your subconcious.

Charging them at the moment of orgasm is one way.

Thank you for your thoughts. Can you give an example of what you mean? 

17 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Thank you for your thoughts. Can you give an example of what you mean? 

Write out what you want to happen.

Example: I want to have lots of money.

Then reword it like you already have it or do it, and attach a timeframe.

Example: I have lots of money, and I buy lots of things this year.

Start from the left and move along the sentence to remove duplicate letters.

Example: Ihavelotsmnydbugr

Next draw your sigil using each letter once. And if when about to add a new letter you can already see it in the sigil then that letter is already counted.

Example: (see attachment)

Then you have to charge it up. To do that focus on it intensely imagining it radiating as bright as possible with energy. But you need to do this when you can get your conscious mind out of the way. The best time is during orgasm.

Then destroy the sigil and forget about it.

Sigil.jpg

Dont expect results the first day, but you will notice money coming into your life and plenty of nice things to spend it on over the coming months.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, let us all be mindful of the OP topic  :tu:

I've used sigils off and on over the years- and they do mostly apply to mindfulness. To remember something or to keep a concept in mind, to use as a focus tool.. sometimes to use as an illustration of a concept. Or even as simple as using sigils as markers out on the trails we carve into our back acres. Not all sigils are spooky for me, sometimes they are as practical as a signet ring or a branding stamp. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Write out what you want to happen.

Example: I want to have lots of money.

Then reword it like you already have it or do it, and attach a timeframe.

Example: I have lots of money, and I buy lots of things this year.

Start from the left and move along the sentence to remove duplicate letters.

Example: Ihavelotsmnydbugr

Next draw your sigil using each letter once. And if when about to add a new letter you can already see it in the sigil then that letter is already counted.

Example: (see attachment)

Then you have to charge it up. To do that focus on it intensely imagining it radiating as bright as possible with energy. But you need to do this when you can get your conscious mind out of the way. The best time is during orgasm.

Then destroy the sigil and forget about it.

Sigil.jpg

Dont expect results the first day, but you will notice money coming into your life and plenty of nice things to spend it on over the coming months.

Won't work. A person needs to create their own sigil and even the act of creating it with focus and desire is enough to charge the thing. All it does is subconsciously shift focus. Where the person notices things. I've got years of sigil magick under my belt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Won't work. A person needs to create their own sigil and even the act of creating it with focus and desire is enough to charge the thing. All it does is subconsciously shift focus. Where the person notices things. I've got years of sigil magick under my belt. 

Its an example @XenoFish and yes people need to do their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its an example @XenoFish and yes people need to do their own.

And it has zero purpose in a thread regarding mindfulness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Careful, he might report your post like he did to three of mine. 

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I don't really care. It has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, rashore said:

Indeed, let us all be mindful of the OP topic  :tu:

I've used sigils off and on over the years- and they do mostly apply to mindfulness. To remember something or to keep a concept in mind, to use as a focus tool.. sometimes to use as an illustration of a concept. Or even as simple as using sigils as markers out on the trails we carve into our back acres. Not all sigils are spooky for me, sometimes they are as practical as a signet ring or a branding stamp. 

Thank you Rashore.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What you do not focus on ceases to exist, mindfulness in practice. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Do you have any thgouths on sigils  and mindfulness Xeno? I am interested in your thoughts as you have a lot of practice with them and why I asked you to contribute. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rashore said:

I'm not sure you're talking about sigils, but symbols. Sigils in the context of what CM is talking about are meant to be forgotten. Something that passes into the subliminal realms of consciousness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Do you have any thoughts on sigils  and mindfulness Xeno? I am interested in your thoughts as you have a lot of practice with them and why I asked you to contribute. 

It would depends on the purpose of the symbol created. The most common sigil is used in a 'fire and forget' manner. Symbols/symbol sets are for conveying intentions. Think of yantra meditation in which the meditator focuses on the 'sacred symbol' which has a meaning. Doing this to change consciousness. Using a sigil in the context of evocation/invocation. The practitioner might focus on a spirit/demon/angels sigil as a means of communicating with it. If we were to really get down to brass tacks and barbwire, language is only symbolic. Using a set of marking connected together in order to form words. Each word having it's own meaning/purpose and once strung together can be used to change consciousness by communicating a message. Of course certain words have greater/lesser emotional meaning to some people. So in the context of mindfulness, what do you focus and feel in regards to the words you read and how do those words affect you. Once you know the words that affect you, it's nothing more than choosing to be affected or unaffected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of people use the term as synonymous with amulet which can be marked with a sigil to ward off evil or as a good luck charm.

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not sure you're talking about sigils, but symbols. Sigils in the context of what CM is talking about are meant to be forgotten. Something that passes into the subliminal realms of consciousness. 

Yeah, sometimes I use sigils like that, keeping a concept in mind. Being spooky with it. Sometimes I use sigils in more mundane ways too, sigils aren't always spooky. Sometimes sigils can be mundane and spooky- like if I have a sigil as my personal signet, and use that to mark things I send to others so they know it's representation of me. I can mark my property with it so others know it's marked as mine. That same sigil can be used while doing something like lucid dreaming or meditating to always be able to "find myself", or the "door out", or the "focus into my center" tools.

• Like 5

Just now, rashore said:

Yeah, sometimes I use sigils like that, keeping a concept in mind. Being spooky with it. Sometimes I use sigils in more mundane ways too, sigils aren't always spooky. Sometimes sigils can be mundane and spooky- like if I have a sigil as my personal signet, and use that to mark things I send to others so they know it's representation of me. I can mark my property with it so others know it's marked as mine. That same sigil can be used while doing something like lucid dreaming or meditating to always be able to "find myself", or the "door out", or the "focus into my center" tools.

Just don't create one that states "my house is haunted", if you do you'll be in for a head trip. I did something similar in a graveyard years ago on Halloween. :lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

A lot of people use the term as synonymous with amulet which can be marked with a sigil to ward off evil or as a good luck charm.

That would be an enchantment (placebo). Like a lucky dime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Just don't create one that states "my house is haunted", if you do you'll be in for a head trip. I did something similar in a graveyard years ago on Halloween. :lol:

Oh my no, I stopped with that kind of sigil silly when I was still in my teens. I grew into other mindful things :)

• Like 3