Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mindfulness

Sherapy

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why so much dislike for the negative. That's where the "Guts" of things are. Where you dig in and find the underlining problems and hopefully work on them. 

Exactly, dislike or fear of the negative hoping to positive think ones way to peace is not mindfulness, it is insanity and delusion this is being ego bound and the cause of much suffering. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Great point Jay, it is suppression or repression the idea that one can positive think their way out of anxiety or suffering. Like anything else eventually it will fail. 

Hi Sherapy

There are times I had to step away from myself and be objective about what I was observing to make the changes that I wanted to, I guess I have always liked being and observer of both life around me as well as within me.

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, dislike of the negative version is not mindfulness this is ego bound and the cause of suffering. 

Going into the abyss showed me a lot of my illusions and delusions as well. All manner of falsehoods. Every bit I've had to work through, even still. So this idea of repress/suppressing all negative emotions is weak to me. Face them, face the feelings. It can take a lot of weight off you.

• Like 4

Negative emotions are in the waters of life that flow around one. One must be still and let the waters flow until the river washes clean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Going into the abyss showed me a lot of my illusions and delusions as well. All manner of falsehoods. Every bit I've had to work through, even still. So this idea of repress/suppressing all negative emotions is weak to me. Face them, face the feelings. It can take a lot of weight off you.

I hiked today.

A zen garden for you. Enjoy.

A9983CD5-31A8-49A8-A0CC-D43FCFCFB719.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Negative emotions are in the waters of life that flow around one. One must be still and let the waters flow until the river washes clean.

Thoughts are like waves they come and they go..

096C802E-458E-4D8E-8AFB-C83B233FCA06.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I hiked today.

The sea, so pleasant when at peace and when angry, so terrible in it's awesome beauty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Thoughts are like waves they come and they go..

096C802E-458E-4D8E-8AFB-C83B233FCA06.jpeg

Thought is the sea and waves are thoughts and emotions, tossed upon the shores of consciousness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Thought is the sea and waves are thoughts and emotions, tossed upon the shores of consciousness.

oo, love this.:wub:

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

oo, love this.:wub:

You wake up in the morning on a sunny day, the smell of salt spray, thick on the breeze, almost electrifying the senses. The sea calls to you and you must answer. With your feet on warm sands, the gulls cry out your name; she's here! she's here!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You wake up in the morning on a sunny day, the smell of salt spray, thick on the breeze, almost electrifying the senses. The sea calls to you and you must answer. With your feet on warm sands, the gulls cry out your name; she's here! she's here!

If anyone cares :P

This is where Tiger Woods flipped his car, he went over the median flipped his car and ended on the other side in the brush. Yellow circles kinda show the path,

I live close by and drive this stretch of road to and from work. 

454AF1C4-FB66-4CD3-9145-BE4234F65786.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

If anyone cares :P

This is where Tiger Woods flipped his car, he went over the median flipped his car and ended on the other side in the brush. Yellow circles kinda show the path,

I live close by and drive this stretch of road to and from work. 

454AF1C4-FB66-4CD3-9145-BE4234F65786.jpeg

He's fortunate to be alive. Something was terribly amiss with him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He's fortunate to be alive. Something was terribly amiss with him.

This road is downhill it is easy to speed, and not easy to stop, it needs your full attention from about Silver Spur to Palos Verdes Drive North. I have been pulled over and warned for letting the speed get away from me once.

The driving in this whole area can get hairy, on the  driving, one needs to know the area well and pay attention, it is ocean cliff side driving, Lots of steep windy hair pin turn roads. But, so beautiful. My uploads today are from our trek today on the ocean hiking trail off Trump Golf Course. 

Tiger is lucky it was only him that he was not hit by anyone coming up the hill. It could have been worse that is for sure. A broken leg will heal. 

I got a small piece of the car for my good friend who is a huge Tiger fan. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This road is downhill it is easy to speed, and not easy to stop, it needs your full attention from about Silver Spur to Palos Verdes Drive North. I have been pulled over and warned for letting the speed get away from me once.

The driving in this whole area can get hairy, on the  driving, one needs to know the area well and pay attention, it is ocean cliff side driving, Lots of steep windy hair pin turn roads. But, so beautiful. My uploads today are from our trek today on the ocean hiking trail off Trump Golf Course. 

Tiger is lucky it was only him that he was not hit by anyone coming up the hill. It could have been worse that is for sure. A broken leg will heal. 

I got a small piece of the car for my good friend who is a huge Tiger fan. 

You should get it (auto)graphed.:yes:

• Haha 3

Wrong post quoted 

~

Edited by third_eye
Apologies
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I hiked today.

[Landscape] orientation would have made a huge accentuated presence... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, third_eye said:

[Landscape] orientation would have made a huge accentuated presence... 

~

Now you tell me :P

Is this option on my phone?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Now you tell me :P

Is this option on my phone?

Uhmmm... Tilt your phone orientation 90° clockwise ?

There's two ways a picture is normally framed, portrait and landscape... It's just a matter of how you capture the scene... 

:yes:

~

The main difference between landscape and portrait image orientation is that a landscape image is wider than it is taller while a portrait image is taller than it is wider. In other words, Landscape images are captured in a horizontal layout while portrait images are captured in a vertical layout.

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great thread Sheri and everyone !  Really enjoying it...I feel like "grasshopper" amoung a group of "masters" :P

. I've meditated on a smaller scale for years and years and years..and from what I've been reading..apparently practicing mindfulness without hardy trying..hehe.  I feel absolutely blessed to have grown up in NATURE.. I think I grew up on 'mindfulness..without hardy trying. ..completely immersed in the natural world most of the time..overflowing with it's beauty and splendor !   I had no need for thoughts much of the time..I was FULL and at peace.    :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, third_eye said:

Uhmmm... Tilt your phone orientation 90° clockwise ?

There's two ways a picture is normally framed, portrait and landscape... It's just a matter of how you capture the scene... 

:yes:

~

~

Zen journal...

19305B98-CC30-4CB8-A8B2-63A860EDCB17.jpeg

B69D4F6E-44CD-4809-BA0D-1EC09A1A6E3F.jpeg

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, lightly said:

Great thread Sheri and everyone !  Really enjoying it...I feel like "grasshopper" amoung a group of "masters" :P

. I've meditated on a smaller scale for years and years and years..and from what I've been reading..apparently practicing mindfulness without hardy trying..hehe.  I feel absolutely blessed to have grown up in NATURE.. I think I grew up on 'mindfulness..without hardy trying. ..completely immersed in the natural world most of the time..overflowing with it's beauty and splendor !   I had no need for thoughts much of the time..I was FULL and at peace.    :)

Yeah, seems the  mindful life style suits me too. Enjoying the peace and silence. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lightly said:

Enjoy.

968E0414-5A37-42EF-9321-AA766D324501.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Enjoy.

968E0414-5A37-42EF-9321-AA766D324501.jpeg

Even though I am an animal guy, long ago, I didn't pay much attention to birds. When I was living near the "triple point" where New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts meet, I used to walk in the area shown in the attached image in the mornings before work. It's a flood control dam, surrounded by forest.

One year, I noticed a broadwing hawk, and she was working her tail feathers off, a single parent feeding her brood. I could see where her nest was, since she was so often back and forth. In my woodsy walks, I avoided the area around her nest, figuring she had enough to worry about without curious apes coming to visit uninvited.

At the end of the season, her mission accomplished and as she was about to head south, she intercepted me one morning while I was walking atop the dam. She came in low and slow, at a right angle to the dam walkway, chest height and maybe two arm-lengths in front of me. She was of course, magnificent.

The fly-by completed, she peeled off into the sky and headed aloft.

I haven't ignored hawks since then.

surry dam.jpg

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, eight bits said:

Even though I am an animal guy, long ago, I didn't pay much attention to birds. When I was living near the "triple point" where New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts meet, I used to walk in the area shown in the attached image in the mornings before work. It's a flood control dam, surrounded by forest.

One year, I noticed a broadwing hawk, and she was working her tail feathers off, a single parent feeding her brood. I could see where her nest was, since she was so often back and forth. In my woodsy walks, I avoided the area around her nest, figuring she had enough to worry about without curious apes coming to visit uninvited.

At the end of the season, her mission accomplished and as she was about to head south, she intercepted me one morning while I was walking atop the dam. She came in low and slow, at a right angle to the dam walkway, chest height and maybe two arm-lengths in front of me. She was of course, magnificent.

surry dam.jpg

Sounds like you found your spirit guide.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eight bits said:

surry dam.jpg

What a beautiful picture and story. Thank you for sharing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1