Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Is this UFO video simply too good to be true?

309 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

esoteric_toad

Looks like a droplet of water that is moving along the window until it gets hit by the force of the wind passing along the airplanes fuselage. If that makes sense.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Susanc241

That doesn�t explain how/why it disappears behind the wing and then reappears again. And would a droplet on the porthole move forward? Prepared to be convinced, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

If it could move at that speed what purpose would it have of slowing down right there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd
10 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

.. what purpose would it have of slowing down right there?

Watching a plane?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
khol

Wouldnt the person recording show a little more curiousity and excitement was my first thought.. How difficult would it be to create a computer generated image reproducing this effect?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
14 minutes ago, khol said:

How difficult would it be to create a computer generated image reproducing this effect?

Pretty easy with a PC/Mac and the Adobe Creative Suite or something similar. Even a high school or college art student could do it in an hour or even less with little trouble.

When I was a kid and even into my early 20's, such things would have been impossible without a pretty serious workstation, ie: a desktop PC/Mac with 1000's of dollars worth of hardware and software. Now, any entry level computer + easy to get/pirate software can edit SFX into video like that in minutes.

It's a double edged sword. On one hand, I love that such creative tools are affordable and (with some artistic skill) easy now. On the other, you cannot trust any unsourced image, video, or audio anymore, lol. If I had the RAW video clip, and could look at it frame by frame, I might be able to tell if it's been faked...But, the creator could have also done it frame by frame making it essentially perfect.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog

the level of excitement of these people is contagious.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

looks like cgi to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
51 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

looks like cgi to me.

that's because it is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
3 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Looks like a droplet of water that is moving along the window until it gets hit by the force of the wind passing along the airplanes fuselage. If that makes sense.

although it does seem to re-appear at around 45 second mark and then shoot off again....(second droplet maybe?)

At the 25/26 second mark when they point out of the window you can see a bright object in the top right hand area of screen- could be sun/moon or camera light reflecting...anyhow in the very next shot the bright object cant be seen???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Watch closely.  She exclaims " OH SHOOT!" right before the object actually zooms into frame.  Funny how they were making a video for no reason that I could tell also.  Or maybe I can tell why.  Those people made that video with the intent of adding the saucer later with CGI.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

Papameter

Alien Object  50%      Man Made Object 20%    Some Natural Phenomenon    20%     Hoax   10%

 

I'm not too swayed by any 'too good to be true' argument. The paranormal/cryptid/alien field is darned if it's unclear and darned if it's clear.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

I usually read the comments here before even bothering to watch the video. Having said that, I still haven't watched it but will check it out soon. CGI? That's always a possibility.

But, it should be noted that people do sometimes see strange things in the sky. UFO does not equal extraterrestrial. Anything seen from an airplane window I'm immediately sceptical of, however. But, I'll give it a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

Ok now that I've watched it, I am pretty certain it is CGI. The motion blur on it looks very unnatural. That's my hot take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Pretty easy with a PC/Mac and the Adobe Creative Suite or something similar. Even a high school or college art student could do it in an hour or even less with little trouble.

When I was a kid and even into my early 20's, such things would have been impossible without a pretty serious workstation, ie: a desktop PC/Mac with 1000's of dollars worth of hardware and software. Now, any entry level computer + easy to get/pirate software can edit SFX into video like that in minutes.

It's a double edged sword. On one hand, I love that such creative tools are affordable and (with some artistic skill) easy now. On the other, you cannot trust any unsourced image, video, or audio anymore, lol. If I had the RAW video clip, and could look at it frame by frame, I might be able to tell if it's been faked...But, the creator could have also done it frame by frame making it essentially perfect.

Does this mean that it some fake videos are impossible to discern as fake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

that's because it is

What is the give away?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter

Alien Object  50%      Man Made Object 20%    Some Natural Phenomenon    20%     Hoax   10%

 

I'm not too swayed by any 'too good to be true' argument. The paranormal/cryptid/alien field is darned if it's unclear and darned if it's clear.

No.  Papameter defective.  100% CGI added to a video created for the purpose of adding a saucer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
3 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

What is the give away?

The woman's reaction slightly before the saucer zooms into frame is the give away.  Making a video for no discernable reason is another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gillmanjoe

i saw something similar while flying from las vegas to st louis back in 2012. I still have a photo of it.
something shiney caught my eye so i looked and it was a flat metal object. i took my camera out and took a pic, as i did that the object turned from sitting flat to diagonally (from point a to point b without a inbetween) and then dipped below the clouds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

No.  Papameter defective.  100% CGI added to a video created for the purpose of adding a saucer.

100%?? Then you can PROVE your claim is what you are saying. Sounds a bit premature from all that's been said so far.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The woman's reaction slightly before the saucer zooms into frame is the give away.  Making a video for no discernable reason is another.

It would seem reasonable to me they were seeing things before starting a video.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Just now, papageorge1 said:

100%?? Then you can PROVE your claim is what you are saying. Sounds a bit premature from all that's been said so far.

99.999%  It's an pretty obvious fake. 

  • She reacts before the saucer appears
  • the video is not being recorded for any apparent reason which indicates that adding a CGI object in after the fact is the reason.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

99.999%  It's an pretty obvious fake. 

  • She reacts before the saucer appears
  • the video is not being recorded for any apparent reason which indicates that adding a CGI object in after the fact is the reason.

It would seem reasonable to me they were seeing things before starting a video.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It would seem reasonable to me they were seeing things before starting a video.

It would seem that way but have you any proof?  :D  Funny how she posted this video on her twitter feed and then took it down soon after though.  I say hoax.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.