Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot sighting reported in California

Eldorado

“I was driving home from Brookings Oregon on 1-23-21,” Bates wrote. “I was south bound on highway 101 south of Garberville, Ca and south of the Benbow Inn. The road makes a few turns and the speed limit drops in the area. As I rounded a sweeping right hand turn I saw a figure on the south bound shoulder of the highway.

"I was the only vehicle in the area about 8:15 PM. My speed was about 45-50 MPH as I passed the figure. The figure was laying on the shoulder of the road on its right side. I estimated the height to be about 7’. I was looking at the creature’s back and noticed it had broad shoulders and was thick torso shape.

"While the shape similar to a human it was not human. It was not a bear either. I could see muscular features in its glutes and a head on the shoulders that was somewhat tapered toward the top and being held off the ground. It’s hair was a chocolate brown and very course. The hair was not fur like of a bear at all."

Full story at Bro Bible: Link

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"I was the only vehicle in the area about 8:15 PM. My speed was about 45-50 MPH as I passed the figure. The figure was laying on the shoulder of the road on its right side."

"I estimated the height to be about 7'. I was looking at the creature's back and noticed it had broad shoulders and was thick torso shape. While the shape similar to a human it was not human."

I have to tell you, if a person could remember that much detail, while driving on a winding highway, at 45-50 mph, that is pretty amazing. 

" was looking at the creature’s back and noticed it had broad shoulders and was thick torso shape. While the shape similar to a human it was not human. It was not a bear either. I could see muscular features in its glutes and a head on the shoulders that was somewhat tapered toward the top and being held off the ground. It’s hair was a chocolate brown and very course. The hair was not fur like of a bear at all."

OK, I'll take $600 for 'Things that didn't happen', Alex. 

No one is going to notice and remember that much detail while driving a car and passing the 'figure' at 45-50 mph on a winding highway. 

in the dark

OK, I'll take 'Things that didn't happen' for the Daily Double, Alex! And I'm wagering all of it, ALL OF IT! 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

That is a lot of details to remember indeed and I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday...

Maybe if my lunch was a huge bipedal hairy creature I could rememeber it easily! B)

All jokes aside, it's a pretty solid recollection of something he saw for a few seconds in the dark. I know when I see a hare or something similar, I only know that it's a hare because I know that hares are what I can see driving in that particular area. If it were something not expected, I could not see or remember all those details.

Edited by CloudSix
  • Thanks 1

Is this just a story?

:whistle:

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2021 at 4:36 AM, CloudSix said:

That is a lot of details to remember indeed and I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday...

Maybe if my lunch was a huge bipedal hairy creature I could rememeber it easily! B)

All jokes aside, it's a pretty solid recollection of something he saw for a few seconds in the dark. I know when I see a hare or something similar, I only know that it's a hare because I know that hares are what I can see driving in that particular area. If it were something not expected, I could not see or remember all those details.

Yeah, matt moneytaker being involved after the fact aside the story doesnt wash, in that situation he got a quick glance no way to get all those details which just sounds like embelishments to me,

If i asked you to make up a story in details of the unicorn that you saw on the side of the road you could do that too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Trelane said:

I would like for this to be revisited and see how his story changes.

there wasn't enough there to change.

And what do you think of this guy not looking for footprints... hmmmm. One of the more disappointing cases I've seen.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And what do you think of this guy not looking for footprints... hmmmm. One of the more disappointing cases I've seen.

Its weak because he made it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

There are several red flags when a "report" like this is made. As a former investigator, I would like to call the person back in and have them recall the story and see how many details change or if any exaggerations are created.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Based on some of these comments it sounds like some of you could mistake a 7 foot tall, 300 pound weight lifter for an anorexic midget if he was standing on the side of the road while you were driving. What he described was about what I would consider to be a normal amount of detail for a quick glance at something.

If Shaquille O'Neal was standing or laying on the side of the road I don't think that I would describe him as a short skinny white dude. I bet that even at 70 mph I would see a BIG very tall black man. Anyone that couldn't see him and make a description that included that he was like 7 feet tall and really big in the chest and abdomen might not be observant enough to drive anything moving much faster than at a fast walk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanL said:

Based on some of these comments it sounds like some of you could mistake a 7 foot tall, 300 pound weight lifter for an anorexic midget if he was standing on the side of the road while you were driving. What he described was about what I would consider to be a normal amount of detail for a quick glance at something.

If Shaquille O'Neal was standing or laying on the side of the road I don't think that I would describe him as a short skinny white dude. I bet that even at 70 mph I would see a BIG very tall black man. Anyone that couldn't see him and make a description that included that he was like 7 feet tall and really big in the chest and abdomen might not be observant enough to drive anything moving much faster than at a fast walk.

I've seen lots of stuff in the wild that I might have mistaken for footie, but upon closer inspection was a tree stump, or a leaf ball, or bear eating swallows from their nests on the side of an esker.  I can see how someone so inclined might see zebras instead of horses.  I also can see someone just making up horse ****.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DanL said:

Weird, no one here has given me the thought you have,

No one claimed they saw a small person or shaq some guy claimed he saw bigfoot, and on clser inspection of his account it sounds made up to some of us.

If you believe in bigfoot dont be bashful just say so.

• Like 3

"If Shaquille O'Neal was standing or laying on the side of the road I don't think that I would describe him as a short skinny white dude. I bet that even at 70 mph I would see a BIG very tall black man. Anyone that couldn't see him and make a description that included that he was like 7 feet tall and really big in the chest and abdomen might not be observant enough to drive anything moving much faster than at a fast walk."

50 mph on a winding road. AT NIGHT. No it is in no way normal to see and remember the level of detail he's claiming under those circumstances. Under those circumstances, you might see something that looked like a large something that appeared to be a large animal. It would be impossible to grasp more detail than that. It could have been a large deer or a moose that had been hit by a car, then recovered and took off.

The issue with your comparison is that Shaq actually exists and that's confirmable, while Bigfoot does not exist because no one can confirm it.

It's impossible for there to be a large primate existing among humans for hundreds of years and not even a body or remains. IMPOSSIBLE. If you want to continue your argument, I'd suggest you address that concern first, if you're serious. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 3

I met shaq once he wasnt very nice but he was a big fellow, i wonder if shaq believes in bigfoot seems iirc he believed in flat earth.

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

I met shaq once he wasnt very nice but he was a big fellow, i wonder if shaq believes in bigfoot seems iirc he believed in flat earth.

Seems a lot of these sports stars and Hollywood actors are not exactly known for their intellect or social skills. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Seems a lot of these sports stars and Hollywood actors are not exactly known for their intellect or social skills. 

Being in the biz i was i gave shaq slack on not being nice to me, i do not believe he owed me any manners etc, however you see over 20 years later i recall it and say shaq wasnt nice.

I read somewhere he supported flat earth but you can imagine i dont care enough to look it up.

Ive never been into sports or been an athletic supporter

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 5:08 AM, Eldorado said:

“I was driving home from Brookings Oregon on 1-23-21,” Bates wrote. “I was south bound on highway 101 south of Garberville, Ca and south of the Benbow Inn. The road makes a few turns and the speed limit drops in the area. As I rounded a sweeping right hand turn I saw a figure on the south bound shoulder of the highway.

"I was the only vehicle in the area about 8:15 PM. My speed was about 45-50 MPH as I passed the figure. The figure was laying on the shoulder of the road on its right side. I estimated the height to be about 7’. I was looking at the creature’s back and noticed it had broad shoulders and was thick torso shape.

"While the shape similar to a human it was not human. It was not a bear either. I could see muscular features in its glutes and a head on the shoulders that was somewhat tapered toward the top and being held off the ground. It’s hair was a chocolate brown and very course. The hair was not fur like of a bear at all."

I've driven this road many times on the Oregon side. Rarely, if ever is it abandoned at 8 PM. 

I could see a driver recalling some features of such an encounter, but IMHO this is a bit much to swallow, even if he'd said he saw such details for a bear, or elk. 

I have seen elk on this road and the turns are marked as to slow down, and so I had no problem stopping. I believe this fellow either could have stopped, or would have been going too fast, and watching the road, to see this bigfoot so clearly. 

So, my opinion is... just a story.

Though if it was reported within a short time span, it would be worth while going to the location and looking about. There could be something left behind, especially if it was laying down after being hit.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 7:08 AM, Eldorado said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15970871

Harte

• Haha 1