Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P kmt_sesh

Saru

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Piney

Thanks, I like the idea of planting a memorial tree in a forest in need in the link you gave.

jmccr8

I was thinking the same, I just wanted to throw it by @Harte and get a name list together.

I'm pulling a 2 week straight because of the wonderful weather but next week I'm calling the funeral home. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was thinking the same, I just wanted to throw it by @Harte and get a name list together.

I'm pulling a 2 week straight because of the wonderful weather but next week I'm calling the funeral home. 

Hi Piney

Great let me know and I will chip in.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Piney

jmccr8

Me too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Count me in too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Losing kmt is a great loss.  I was hoping (and expecting) he would recover fully from his stroke.  He was always willing to share his knowledge with me and others.  

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Swede said:

A thought: As per the second obituary, they have requested contributions to the Field Museum be made in John's name. Perhaps, if we also contacted the museum more directly, and could provide them with enough funds, we may be able to convince them to put up a tastefully worded plaque honoring John's long service to the museum. Given his love for the museum, this may be a fitting tribute. From the UM crew of course.

I looked at the donate to the museum too. Looks like it's just "in memory of", "donator", and "address to" fields without anything else. A call to find out how that donation is applied or if it could be specifically applied would be in order. Or maybe they might already planning something and there might be more info to find out that way. 

I'm willing to put in a call early next week during business hours to find out more. Getting kind of late in the day there on a Friday to start that kind of inquiry. 

Edit to add.. let's keep in mind that there is also a Celebration of Life to be held later, and maybe there will be an opportunity to add to that too if/as we will. 

• Like 7

RIP John

I only knew him briefly back when I frequented the Ancient Mysteries section, but from what I saw he was a kind and extremely knowledgeable person.

• Like 4

Keep us in the loop for whatever you decide guys. I'm in.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Swede said:

A thought: As per the second obituary, they have requested contributions to the Field Museum be made in John's name. Perhaps, if we also contacted the museum more directly, and could provide them with enough funds, we may be able to convince them to put up a tastefully worded plaque honoring John's long service to the museum. Given his love for the museum, this may be a fitting tribute. From the UM crew of course.

I'm in. If the museum sets up a trust account, send me the info and I'll cut a check 

I still into buying a tree also reguardless. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Piney

jmccr8

me as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very very heartbreaking.

I knew kmt_sesh as the most sociable and likeable poster in here. He will be forever missed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2021 at 9:06 AM, Piney said:

I'll see what @Swede or I can do. 

If possible I would love to help with this in anyway I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, danydandan said:

If possible I would love to help with this in anyway I can.

@Swede  brought up a memorial plaque at the Chicago Field Museum but the museum has to set up a dedicated account for it. Then everyone can send their piece directly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Swede  brought up a memorial plaque at the Chicago Field Museum but the museum has to set up a dedicated account for it. Then everyone can send their piece directly. 

Thank for that dude.

It would be nice to see how many people from different places on the Earth Kmt touched, great man and he will be very much missed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rashore said:

I looked at the donate to the museum too. Looks like it's just "in memory of", "donator", and "address to" fields without anything else. A call to find out how that donation is applied or if it could be specifically applied would be in order. Or maybe they might already planning something and there might be more info to find out that way. 

I'm willing to put in a call early next week during business hours to find out more. Getting kind of late in the day there on a Friday to start that kind of inquiry. 

Edit to add.. let's keep in mind that there is also a Celebration of Life to be held later, and maybe there will be an opportunity to add to that too if/as we will. 

Please do. The more information we, the better.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Piney said:

Excellent. Do you have any direct contact info?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Swede said:

Not inside numbers, but I have navigated their phone system before. If I put in a call on Monday, I might get a call back on Thursday or Friday. Not often to get a same day call back, and they are closed Tuesday and Wednesday, so I won't expect callbacks till after that. I was just going to ask for information. 

If Piney has inside contacts, I'd rather let him use them if he is willing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swede said:

I was hoping you would.

After the whole  Dr. Gabby Tayac fiasco they want nothing to do with me. :innocent:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Harte said:

Sent this message to them.

Harte

Since you started the ball rolling, I don't muddle things with putting in calls. :tu:

• Like 1

We'll see if they even answer. Might need to follow up with some calls.

Harte

• Like 4