Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Saru

R.I.P kmt_sesh

115 posts in this topic

susieice
1 hour ago, Swede said:

You could also use your card on the provided website. This would allow you to get the "In Honor" and plaque mention on digital "paper". Better for documentation.

I can do this online? I'm sorry. I didn't see the website. Could you provide the address please? Thanks.

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Not sure what to do it does not let me put it through because I do not have an American address and there is no option that I can find for Canada/

jmccr8

Maybe we need to mention that donations will come from many different countries so the museum is aware and can prepare for it.

• Like 7

jmccr8
Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Please tell me if you find a solution that works for us forreinors. :tu:

I miss how he allways annoyed me by calling me Swedish. I'm not ! Honestly !

I will as many of us are from different countries and would like to show our respects and will post it here in the thread.

jmccr8

• Like 5

jmccr8
Just now, susieice said:

I can do this online? I'm sorry. I didn't see the website. Could you provide the address please? Thanks.

Maybe we need to mention that donations will come from many different countries so the museum is aware and can prepare for it.

Hi Susieice

The site appears to be for Americans and hopefully when the museum calls back they will have a remedy for us.

https://app.mobilecause.com/form/aZnf4w?vid=gtu6n

This is the link Swede gave.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Swede
32 minutes ago, susieice said:

As noted, JM already covered this. As you are apparently in the US, there should not be a problem. Just remember to specify the donation in honor of John and the placement of a plaque. There are "boxes" available for such.

• Like 5

docyabut2

it is great kmt sesh is getting a great memorial :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Swede
3 hours ago, Swede said:

JM,

If we can get the situation arranged, there will be one plaque. Was in touch with the Field earlier today and they confirmed that a fund had been set up on John's name. They also mentioned that they had already received at least four contributions.

The plaque situation is still a work in progress and no determination has been made yet. The person I have been dealing with noted that all the contributors should mention the plaque matter along with their contribution as it provides them with a bit of "ammo" to argue in favor of placing a plague. Of course, do mention "In Honor of John DeWerd" with your contribution.

My check is in the mail and, in addition to noting the "In Honor of..." on the check, a short letter was enclosed dealing with the donation and the plaque. It appears that hard copies provide good support for the plaque.

Late edit. Apologies for the typo. That should naturally read plaque.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

third_eye
38 minutes ago, Swede said:

"In Honor of..."

That might be problematic, 

"In memory of... " might make things more pliable... 

~

• Like 5

Swede
20 hours ago, third_eye said:

That might be problematic, 

"In memory of... " might make things more pliable... 

~

That would be a matter of your own discretion. However, quoting directly from recent communication with the Field:

For gifts that are in honor of your friend submitted online, click here and be sure to fill out the "In honor of" section at the bottom of the form with the heading "Donation Type".

Please be sure to add in the memo of the check "In honor of _____".(Emphases added).

Field Museum.org 2-17-21.

Edit: Phrasing.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Swede

Greetings all,

Finally received some feedback from the Field Museum regarding the possible placement of a plaque in John's honor in the Egyptology section. It turns out that to get such a plaque installed would require a minimum of $25,000 USD in cumulative donations. Am admittedly disappointed, as it is unlikely that we have the wherewithal to reach such a figure. At least the funds will go to John's favored recipient.

The Field is a large organization and they apparently operate along lines similar to hospitals, universities, etc.

• Thanks 8

tcgram
3 hours ago, Swede said:

Greetings all,

Finally received some feedback from the Field Museum regarding the possible placement of a plaque in John's honor in the Egyptology section. It turns out that to get such a plaque installed would require a minimum of $25,000 USD in cumulative donations. Am admittedly disappointed, as it is unlikely that we have the wherewithal to reach such a figure. At least the funds will go to John's favored recipient.

The Field is a large organization and they apparently operate along lines similar to hospitals, universities, etc.

So we can still send in a monetary donation in honor of John?   Am I understanding that correctly?  

• Like 6

and then
1 hour ago, tcgram said:

So we can still send in a monetary donation in honor of John?   Am I understanding that correctly?  

I went to that link and it allows a donation and a choice of a "memorial, or gift but it doesn't seem like there is a choice for it being given in John's memory.  Maybe I'm just confused.  I'd like to plant some trees in his memory but I'd also like to be part of a UM "group" effort if we can do that.  

• Like 3

thedutchiedutch

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to everyone. R.I.P. John and thank you for everything you did for this website. 

• Like 5

Solipsi Rai

RIP Kmt sesh...your contributions to the site along with our memories of you as a wonderful person will never be forgotten. 

• Like 5

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
6 hours ago, Swede said:

Greetings all,

Thats too bad, but I really appreciate your effort. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Swede
19 hours ago, tcgram said:

Yes, you can still send in monetary donations in honor of John. The museum has been rather profuse in expressing their appreciation of the donations.

• Like 6