Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pigs can be trained to use joysticks

Eldorado

They’ve long been thought of as smarter than your average animal, but now researchers claim they have taught pigs to use a joystick, suggesting they are even cleverer than previously thought.

Pigs have previously been found to be capable of a host of tasks, including solving multiple-choice puzzles, and learning commands such as “sit”.

Now researchers in the US say they have successfully trained four pigs to manipulate a joystick and control a cursor on a monitor.

Full story at MSN: Link

Acquisition of a Joystick-Operated Video Task by Pigs (Sus scrofa)

Frontiers in Psychology

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Damn it, Eldorado, I was just getting ready to carve-up my pig for breakfast, but now I've lost my appetite.

Thanks a lot, F-R-I-E-N-DDDDD  <_<

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's it, when we discover how individual and intelligent our food animals really are we will end up starving. They won't, they're too smart for that.

• Haha 1

"Pigs can be trained to use joysticks."

My ex girlfriend would say: "This is nothing new, but try getting them to commit in a relationship!"

• Haha 4

September 2089: pigs take the first ever Mars base into operation.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, Eldorado said:

They’ve long been thought of as smarter than your average animal, but now researchers claim they have taught pigs to use a joystick, suggesting they are even cleverer than previously thought.

Pigs have previously been found to be capable of a host of tasks, including solving multiple-choice puzzles, and learning commands such as “sit”.

Now researchers in the US say they have successfully trained four pigs to manipulate a joystick and control a cursor on a monitor.

Full story at MSN: Link

Acquisition of a Joystick-Operated Video Task by Pigs (Sus scrofa)

Frontiers in Psychology

A pig will do anything for food.

Just goes to show, anyone can play these stupid, mind numbing games. I think most politicians today are playing them...why not pigs? Pigs probably score higher than them, too.

• Haha 2

I've got nothing against eating meat and have hunted wild pigs but there is something decadent, almost taboo about eating them. The meat, the fat and the best part, the crackling are almost too good and I'll regret it the day I have a fatal heart attack, lol.

Edited by openozy

I'll have more respect for my bacon this morning.:yes: