Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dyatlov Pass tourists go missing

Eldorado

A group of eight tourists have gone missing in Russia's infamous Dyatlov Pass where nine people died in unexplained circumstances in 1959.

The tourists from Moscow ventured into the pass in the rural region of Ural and had not returned by Wednesday morning as expected, Newsweek reported, citing E1.RU.

A source told the Russian outlet: 'They were supposed to leave at eight o'clock this morning. But they have not returned yet and there is no contact with them.'

Full story at the *snip*

https://www.newsweek.com/dyatlov-pass-mystery-avalanche-tourists-missing-1568210

Edited by rashore
removed link with graphic material, replaced with non-graphic link
  • Sad 2

Oh no!! I sure hope that same Yeti didn't kill off yet another pack of humans!!

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

A group of eight tourists have gone missing in Russia's infamous Dyatlov Pass where nine people died in unexplained circumstances in 1959.

The tourists from Moscow ventured into the pass in the rural region of Ural and had not returned by Wednesday morning as expected, Newsweek reported, citing E1.RU.

A source told the Russian outlet: 'They were supposed to leave at eight o'clock this morning. But they have not returned yet and there is no contact with them.'

Full story at the

*snip*

https://www.newsweek.com/dyatlov-pass-mystery-avalanche-tourists-missing-1568210

I mean, if you follow the avalanche argumentation it does make sense that an avalanche could have been created that night, but still, there's too many unknowns.

It says that two of them were missing their tongues and eyes!?

How can that be the result of an avalanche?

And why would they leave their tent unclothed, or why would they leave their tent at all?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, there's a picture in the article of an alleged Yeti, taken by one of the members of the group.. no one is talking about that one :huh:

Edited by rashore
R&R graphic link in quoted material
  • Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
2 hours ago, CloudSix said:

I mean, if you follow the avalanche argumentation it does make sense that an avalanche could have been created that night, but still, there's too many unknowns.

It says that two of them were missing their tongues and eyes!?

How can that be the result of an avalanche?

And why would they leave their tent unclothed, or why would they leave their tent at all?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, there's a picture in the article of an alleged Yeti, taken by one of the members of the group.. no one is talking about that one :huh:

Tongue, eyes and other soft tissue are the first to be scavenged by animals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Tongue, eyes and other soft tissue are the first to be scavenged by animals. 

I thought of that, and it could be an explanation. The fact that it's on only two member of the group could be because they were all positioned in different places, so the animal(s) simply didn't find all the other bodies. I suppose they have some birds there, or rodents maybe which could have done it. Maybe a fox? 

Not really familiar with the animals of Russian mountain passes... :huh:

5 hours ago, CloudSix said:

I thought of that, and it could be an explanation. The fact that it's on only two member of the group could be because they were all positioned in different places, so the animal(s) simply didn't find all the other bodies. I suppose they have some birds there, or rodents maybe which could have done it. Maybe a fox? 

Not really familiar with the animals of Russian mountain passes... :huh:

Image result for crow i love eyes meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From OP:

Update:

It has since been reported that the missing group of 8 hikers did successfully return from their expedition around 12 hours late. Navigational issues and bad weather were to blame for the delay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

From OP:

Update:

It has since been reported that the missing group of 8 hikers did successfully return from their expedition around 12 hours late. Navigational issues and bad weather were to blame for the delay.

Glad to hear a good news update :tu:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

In other news:

• Many ships and planes travel near Bermuda "without incident".
  • Image of Christ "seen in painting on Vatican ceiling" - authorities slow to suppress rumours.
  • "Nothing of interest" discovered in several Scottish lochs.
  • New theory rocks science: periodical fluctuations in solar illumination attributed to "rotation of Earth". 
  • Bears "fail to use" ablution facilities - Park Rangers mystified.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Timothy said:

From OP:

Update:

Have you got a source for that news?

29 minutes ago, Timothy said:

The same link in OP. :tu:

Where exactly?  I can't see that info on that page.

Could you copy & paste what it says, please.    (thanks)

Edited by Eldorado

20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Where exactly?  I can't see that info on that page.

Could you copy & paste what it says, please.    (thanks)

Sorry, it was from the CNET link from the ‘Latest news’ section on the UM homepage, not your link in OP.

https://www.cnet.com/news/tourists-reportedly-missing-in-russias-infamous-mystery-hiking-site/

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Sorry, it was from the CNET link from the ‘Latest news’ section on the UM homepage, not your link in OP.

https://www.cnet.com/news/tourists-reportedly-missing-in-russias-infamous-mystery-hiking-site/

See it now... thank you!

Can't see it at cNet though.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

I can't see it there either.

Yeah me either, I did copy and paste it, exactly as in my first post in this thread.

I have no idea what’s happened or which article it was from. I just clicked the link, scrolled to the bottom of the article, and saw the update.

Guess we can add this to the mystery?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Timothy said:

Yeah me either, I did copy and paste it, exactly as in my first post in this thread.

I have no idea what’s happened or which article it was from. I just clicked the link, scrolled to the bottom of the article, and saw the update.

Guess we can add this to the mystery?

I see it now.  It's on UM but not on cNet!  Maybe cNet removed it?

14 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I see it now.  It's on UM but not on cNet!  Maybe cNet removed it?

Here you go:

https://cfygtve3lus7346t6kzrnoqksi--www-e1-ru.translate.goog/news/spool/news_id-69760499.html

Use the 'English' translate option to read it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2