Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Cookie Monster

Reversing Aging is Finally Here

Cookie Monster

Initially 2 scientists from Harvard stitched the blood streams of two mice together.

One was a young mouse, the other an old. It was found over a period of two weeks that the old mouse de-aged to the biological age of the young mouse. Initially scientists believed it was to do with an unidentified hormone whose production declines with age. So with the higher levels of the hormone from the young mouse, and its hormone production aiming to maintain homeostasis, then the tissue of the old-aged mouse was being exposed to higher hormone levels de-aging it.

It was also theorised that there may be some truth to vampire myths off the back of this. The myths where a vampire drinks blood from young adults and as a result is immortal. In essence, if the hormone survived the digestive track to enter into the blood stream of an older human it would de-age them. In fact, right now there are companies in California offering young blood transfusions even though it hadn`t been determined 100% that the de-aging was caused by a hormone.

Well, new research has been released this year which says it isn`t caused by a hormone. Its caused by the dilution of knackered up proteins produced by the tissue of old-aged mice. Scientists have drained half the blood plasma out of mice (which contains knackered up proteins), giving them saline solution to top it up while including some albumin (a protein produced by the live) to replace the proteins lost in the blood plasma. The mice de-age.

Diluting blood plasma rejuvenates tissue, reverses aging in mice: Plasma exchange could be the key to unlocking the body's regenerative capacities -- ScienceDaily

So what does this mean for humans? Its very easy to see that a week of no protein in the diet (to get the levels of knackered up protein in the blood depleted) followed by rapid replacement of those proteins using albumin would de-age them. A very good source of albumin being whey protein (which is actually lactoalbumina).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guyver

I love this thread, as I would be thrilled to “de-age.”  I’m just a little confused about the scientific usage of “knackered up.” Lol.

Hyperionxvii

Oh no. You guys are going to get the luddites crawling out from under their rocks all over. 

Death is a part of life! Prolonging life is unnatural and wrong!

Really, then stop taking the life sustaining medicine and forgo that life saving surgery. Then you too can die in your 30s, just like humans had been doing for the past 200,000 years. 

Solving aging should be the primary goal of medicine, as it's what causes most diseases and it costs societies more than anything, both financially and in grief. I don't get the death cult who believe that dying is part of living. No, it's the END of living and no good comes from it. Death is the enemy.  

• Like 2

Cookie Monster

The damaging old age protein is believed to be TGF-b1.

There are a range of inhibitors, dont know what any of them are, but coffee is on the list (without the milk and sugar).

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Thanks 1

Abramelin
8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The damaging old age protein is believed to be TGF-b1.

There are a range of inhibitors, dont know what any of them are, but coffee is on the list (without the milk and sugar).

And I am reading your post while drinking black coffee. It just tastes even better now.

• Thanks 1

Cookie Monster
2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

And I am reading your post while drinking black coffee. It just tastes even better now.

You need whey too, you got to put new Albumin in.

If it works (and it might be dose dependent) it should de-age you in 1 day from what I read. I dont know what all the TGF-b1 inhibitors are, I presume a lot more powerful than caffeine, but they all have drug codes rather than explaining what substances they are.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

CloudSix

On 2/13/2021 at 4:43 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Initially 2 scientists from Harvard stitched the blood streams of two mice together.

One was a young mouse, the other an old. It was found over a period of two weeks that the old mouse de-aged to the biological age of the young mouse. Initially scientists believed it was to do with an unidentified hormone whose production declines with age. So with the higher levels of the hormone from the young mouse, and its hormone production aiming to maintain homeostasis, then the tissue of the old-aged mouse was being exposed to higher hormone levels de-aging it.

It was also theorised that there may be some truth to vampire myths off the back of this. The myths where a vampire drinks blood from young adults and as a result is immortal. In essence, if the hormone survived the digestive track to enter into the blood stream of an older human it would de-age them. In fact, right now there are companies in California offering young blood transfusions even though it hadn`t been determined 100% that the de-aging was caused by a hormone.

Well, new research has been released this year which says it isn`t caused by a hormone. Its caused by the dilution of knackered up proteins produced by the tissue of old-aged mice. Scientists have drained half the blood plasma out of mice (which contains knackered up proteins), giving them saline solution to top it up while including some albumin (a protein produced by the live) to replace the proteins lost in the blood plasma. The mice de-age.

Diluting blood plasma rejuvenates tissue, reverses aging in mice: Plasma exchange could be the key to unlocking the body's regenerative capacities -- ScienceDaily

So what does this mean for humans? Its very easy to see that a week of no protein in the diet (to get the levels of knackered up protein in the blood depleted) followed by rapid replacement of those proteins using albumin would de-age them. A very good source of albumin being whey protein (which is actually lactoalbumina).

Very interesting indeed.

A couple of thoughts:

I would think that a week without any proteins would be extremely hard, could be done, perhaps, if you go on a 3 day water fast and then eat nothing but apples and that sort of fruit for the remaining 4 days. Still, maybe 7 days wouldn't be enough doing it this way. 

It is intriguing because people who intermittent fast, or fast, in general, seem to look a lot younger as they get older. There is a connection there, I'm sure.

And also don't understand the term "knackered up" when it refers to proteins. Does it mean the proteins are weak in number or scattered?

Edited by CloudSix

Poncho_Peanatus

My gran ma told me, Frank Sinatra used blood transfusions to keep himself young. I dont know if true tho.

spartan max2

Not about to start experimenting on myself lol.

But I've followed this research the last few years and am interested to see where it goes. 

pallidin

Can't cheat DEATH.

Eventually, it happens.