Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The cancel culture run wild

Myles

Just now, Myles said:

I guess you found a loophole.      

That is just the most prominent example.  There are other instances that scale down in the moral spectrum all the way to the Huck Finn stuff.  I technically lied about the no one can dispute part- there are people that dispute it and argue first amendment rights- hence the point that good and evil are a matter of perspective.

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That is just the most prominent example.  There are other instances that scale down in the moral spectrum all the way to the Huck Finn stuff.  I technically lied about the no one can dispute part- there are people that dispute it and argue first amendment rights- hence the point that good and evil are a matter of perspective.

It's a long way from *** Blocked *** to Huck Finn and Dr. Suess.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's a long way from *** Blocked *** to Huck Finn and Dr. Suess.

Is it really?  We are basically just weighing first amendment rights vs the damage exercising that right does to society.  With different perspectives and what good/evil are- that boundary changes from person to person.  Books that glorify slavery or demean other races fall into that category really easily for some people.  

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Is it really?  We are basically just weighing first amendment rights vs the damage exercising that right does to society.  With different perspectives and what good/evil are- that boundary changes from person to person.  Books that glorify slavery or demean other races fall into that category really easily for some people.  

Definitions can be flexible which can be alarming when one considers who writes the history books.  The Nazi concentration camps gave out a special currency to the working prisoners.  The Nazis would probably regard this as a contract of employment with the prisoners who would be seen in their viewpoint as merely camp residents being paid for their services for the Reich, and any hint that they were slaves or prisoners or oppressed in any way would be quietly removed from the history books.  Makes you wonder about the British and American concentration camps and if our written history quietly brushes over it with no sign of guilt or concern for responsibility.

Workers or Slaves or Both?

'The first known use of Holocaust money was in the Lodz ghetto in Poland in 1940. Over the next five years, the Nazis introduced currencies in concentration camps and other ghettos in Germany and occupied Poland, Czechoslovakia and the Netherlands. Each camp or ghetto had its own currency — with unique denominations and designs — to be used only within its gates.'

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-concentration-camp-currency-youve-never-heard-of/

Edited by TigerBright19

I can’t freaking believe there is anyone who would defend this?

We have all been asked at one time or another, if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he became a dictator, would we? Most people would say of course. 

I can just imagine a similar question being asked of future generations about the people in charge of this witch hunt, book burning crap. This is flat out evil. 

21 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he became a dictator, would we?

I wouldn't.  Most of us probably would not even have been born if it weren't for WWII.  Just saying.

There is another example of cancel culture that members here frequently use and are fine with:  The Ignore function.

Why is using that okay vs a company choosing to drop a brand or a client.  A company is legally an individual entity after all.  

Dr. Seuss books are flying off of the shelves now!  But wait, it gets better.  The Seuss estate are the ones who decided not to publish the books anymore.  Not Democrats, not the left...the Seuss Estate.  So what's absolutely amazing is that all of these right wing F cancel culture nuts are buying all of the books, and providing the foundation that cancelled them with more money!  It's the equivalent to Donald Trump donating to BLM.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:18 PM, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Just curious... 

Why isn't Dr Seuss simply banned all together?  

Why only 6 books?  

I'd feel safer if no one ever said his name again. 

:D

You will find they are most likely books which had already declined in popularity due to their content. So not banned just no longer published. Meanwhile go see if you can pur have a first edition,  that's money in the bank right there.

Also, I hope everyone is really only looking at stories that tell us exactly who us responsible for the so called cancelation and not just relaying the us and them talking points of, THEY are canceling mr potato head and Doctor Seuss. Who is THEY?

29 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Also, I hope everyone is really only looking at stories that tell us exactly who us responsible for the so called cancelation and not just relaying the us and them talking points of, THEY are canceling mr potato head and Doctor Seuss. Who is THEY?

THEY LIVE 

they-live-1108x0-c-default.jpg

They-Live-1-900x0-c-default.jpg

Edited by President-Elect Acidhead
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Dr. Seuss books are flying off of the shelves now!  But wait, it gets better.  The Seuss estate are the ones who decided not to publish the books anymore.  Not Democrats, not the left...the Seuss Estate.  So what's absolutely amazing is that all of these right wing F cancel culture nuts are buying all of the books, and providing the foundation that cancelled them with more money!  It's the equivalent to Donald Trump donating to BLM.

LOL, When did they decide to stop publishing the books? Couldn't have been after the leftwing organizations labeled them racist would it? How can books, who do not depict a single human in them be racist? Do you believe these books are racist? 

6 hours ago, Kismit said:

You will find they are most likely books which had already declined in popularity due to their content. So not banned just no longer published. Meanwhile go see if you can pur have a first edition,  that's money in the bank right there.

Due to their content???? Ok here is the crazies part in all this, please point out exactly which part of any single one of these books is racist? I wont hold my breath. 

Oh and "THEY" are leftwing think tanks that literally make a living searching for racism. The fact that they put this madness front and center should tell us all we need to know about racism, or the lack thereof in this country. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 12:17 AM, Gromdor said:

Ah, I would have been a bit late then.  The idea was to be the guy selling it for $5893.98 +tax right now.  I don't really want it for myself.

I have all of them. 

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

I wouldn't.  Most of us probably would not even have been born if it weren't for WWII.  Just saying.

Sure we would have. We would have just been European Jews. 

10 hours ago, Kismit said:

I could call out members on this very site by name if I thought it wouldn’t get me in trouble. Card carrying, Twitter subscribing, snowflakey cancel culture inductees. 
If you subscribe to the belief that someone who believes things like vaccines are bad, men are not women, Christian bakers should be allowed to choose who they serve, climate change is a political tool more than a scientific fact, the earth is flat, men have not walked on the moon, then it’s fine that you are fired from your job, thrown off social media platforms and smeared in any way conceivable. 

Speaking of cancel culture. This Youtuber I watch, young kid, literally just makes minecraft videos. Well Twitter is now trying to cancel him because, wait for it.

When he was 19 he sexted with a 17 year old girl who was also a fan.

Oh dear God, the absolute horror :innocent: lol

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:22 PM, susieice said:

There were frames that you wore to lay the dress on. Some called them cages. How in the world could you sit down? I found a couple of funny cartoons though.

Image result for what does the frame for a hoop skirt look like

no problems with groping, lol !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I can’t freaking believe there is anyone who would defend this?

We have all been asked at one time or another, if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he became a dictator, would we? Most people would say of course. 

I can just imagine a similar question being asked of future generations about the people in charge of this witch hunt, book burning crap. This is flat out evil. 

Hmm.

Murdering 8 million people for their ethnicity.

Stopping publishing 6 children's books because they have illustrations offensive to a modern audience.

Yeah, those two things are the same.

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

LOL, When did they decide to stop publishing the books? Couldn't have been after the leftwing organizations labeled them racist would it? How can books, who do not depict a single human in them be racist? 

Do you actually know which because they are and why people have said they are offensive?

Or have you just decided they must be wrong because you don't like their other views?

10 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

no problems with groping, lol !

It's what is recommended to wear when you will be around biden.

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I could call out members on this very site by name if I thought it wouldn’t get me in trouble. Card carrying, Twitter subscribing, snowflakey cancel culture inductees. 
If you subscribe to the belief that someone who believes things like vaccines are bad, men are not women, Christian bakers should be allowed to choose who they serve, climate change is a political tool more than a scientific fact, the earth is flat, men have not walked on the moon, then it’s fine that you are fired from your job, thrown off social media platforms and smeared in any way conceivable. 

Fired from their jobs?

Well if their lies bring their employer onto disrepute, what do you expect?

Thrown off social media?

Well, when your lies are killing people and breaking the platform's rules, what do you expect?

You do realise that 5 out of the 6 things you mentioned are not an opinion - they are a denial of reality?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Setton said:

Fired from their jobs?

Well if their lies bring their employer onto disrepute, what do you expect?

Thrown off social media?

Well, when your lies are killing people and breaking the platform's rules, what do you expect?

You do realise that 5 out of the 6 things you mentioned are not an opinion - they are a denial of reality?

Look, I didn’t even need to call out any names. One member openly embraces cancel culture in this very thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Look, I didn’t even need to call out any names. One member openly embraces cancel culture in this very thread. 

If 'cancel culture' means 'keeping some grasp on reality', I'm quite happy to come and stick my name on it every time a pseudo-intellectual, scientifically illiterate moron gives the opportunity :)

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

If 'cancel culture' means 'keeping some grasp on reality', I'm quite happy to come and stick my name on it every time a pseudo-intellectual, scientifically illiterate moron gives the opportunity :)

And who put you in charge of other peoples grasp on reality?  You have argued that women who are tall enough could compete in the NBA.  Where is your proof?  You have none and it's a ridiculous thing to believe but that didn't stop you from believing it and good on you because who cares what you or for that matter, I think?  How about Disney firing Gina Carano.  They fired her because she doesn't trust a covid vaccine and believes there is a liberal war on conservatives.  I don't agree with her about the vaccine and the liberal war on conservatives is obvious.  Should that be grounds for firing?  I don't believe so but I'll bet you do.  

• Like 2