Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Social network Parler is back online

Eldorado

More than a month after it was cut off from the internet by Amazon, ‘free speech’ social network Parler announced on Monday that it’s back online.

In a press release it shared with Engadget and several other publications, the company said its new backend is “built on sustainable, independent technology and not reliant on so-called ‘Big Tech’ for its operations.”

The website is more functional than it was when it partly came back online in mid-January — though features like account creation aren’t fully functional yet.

You can also see links to download the Parler’s mobile app, but tapping those does nothing as neither Apple nor Google have allowed the company back on their respective app stores.

Full monty from EnGadget via MSN: Link

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GOOD!   We hear regularly about free speech and private companies and that if we want an option where our politics won't get us banned we should start our own.  Let's see if Hatebook and Twaddle stay out of the way and allow a competitor to grow.  My guess is the site will be monitored and even marginal speech that the government disagrees with will be censored the same as FB and Twits did.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

GOOD!   We hear regularly about free speech and private companies and that if we want an option where our politics won't get us banned we should start our own.  Let's see if Hatebook and Twaddle stay out of the way and allow a competitor to grow.  My guess is the site will be monitored and even marginal speech that the government disagrees with will be censored the same as FB and Twits did.  

The first time around reading your post, I read "FB" as "FBI" :lol: might as well be considering the amount of policing they do... Aside from being the thought police, grammar police, and data police

• Like 3

This reminds me of how I got Google to hate me. First I screenshotted a wrong date on their site and posted it without noticing that the date was wrong until later. I guess they got scrutiny for it. Then I brought up that Twitter has access to all of your Google files including your drive if you allow them storage permission. Then I started cussing out celebrities and programmers on the search engine bar and they started reacting with search suggestions. One of them I screenshotted. It was something like them saying "You will never be anything successful in life" and I responded by telling them to die lol. FBI maybe? Or just Google? :st

Either way they randomly locked my old high school and college account and wouldn't let me back in to it. They recently sent out an email saying they will delete old accounts within terms. Suspected things like that coming a much longer time ago tbh. They also tried screwing with my WLAN access and such and I had to revoke their permission in particular. Oh, Google. The things you do to people.... I dont exactly follow all of their lawsuits in the news. I don't have enough time to care.

• Like 2

Imagine being so delusional that you think this social media platform will turn out differently than any others

8 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Imagine being so delusional that you think this social media platform will turn out differently than any others

Imagine a social media app that is built on the platform of supporting all legal speech. That is what Parler claims to be.