Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Coronavirus Cases Decreasing

Scholar4Truth

16 hours ago, Peter B said:

And friends of Trump, such as Israeli PM Netanyahu, went along with it?

And where did the WHO get its figures from? Governments around the world. So why would friends of Trump like Netanyahu play along with this?

15 hours ago, joc said:

To be legit...it has to suck in the whole world...and it did...the numbers came from two websites...

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

These told us the numbers of every nation in the world...in real time...even The Isle of Man.  The first one told us how the numbers were rising exponentially.  And there was a video out there that was passed around...

You claim it sucked in the whole world - including national leaders who were Trump's friends? You're saying none of Trump's friends among world leaders were smart enough to figure out they were being had?

So now not only are you saying we have a world-encompassing conspiracy with the sole purpose of seeing Trump lose the election, you're also saying that none of Trump's friends were clever enough to figure it out.

Like, do you think Netanyahu and his ministers and advisors didn't have a handle on the number of COVID cases in Israel, and just went along with the data on the websites above?

If that's not the scenario you're promoting, then could you please explain your theory in a little more detail.

15 hours ago, joc said:

What of it? It's a cool video (at least partly because it includes an XKCD web comic) explaining exponential growth and logistic curves in the context of how a pandemic spreads through a population. Are you suspicious that the video's author made successful predictions about the spread of the virus?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I didn't expect this to become a political thread/CT thread  just figured by sharing this information people would see there has been improvement in terms of Covid Cases and see it as good news. :unsure:

It is good news, and thank you for posting it. I had no idea that new case numbers were falling so fast (not because the figures are unbelievable but because - amazing as it may seem - here in Australia we don't live glued to all American news).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Measures are taking effect the vaccine is here to end the pandemic.

All I'm seeing is you were wrong all along, just as most posters predicted.

Doesn't explain the drop in US though does it?

15 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Doesn't explain the drop in US though does it?

Of course it does. Why wouldn't it?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I didn't expect this to become a political thread/CT thread  just figured by sharing this information people would see there has been improvement in terms of Covid Cases and see it as good news. :unsure:

It is great news. My apologies for my part in the diversion. 

• Like 2

Could we keep partisan politics and political conspiracies out of the thread please.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It is great news. My apologies for my part in the diversion. 

^

Gotta keep an eye on this one... shifty Aussie... :P

• Haha 1

Watch that this all begins to change when we get more deadly and mutated variants.

The United States on Monday closed in on the staggering milestone of 500,000 COVID-19 deaths just over a year to the day since the coronavirus pandemic claimed its first known U.S. victims in Santa Clara County, California.

Reuters article

As US nears 500,000 COVID-19 deaths, Biden to hold candle-lighting ceremony

cNet report

A 10-year-old boy in Michigan has undergone four amputations of his hands and legs after a rare bout of a serious coronavirus-related inflammatory condition.

Dae'Shun Jamison was diagnosed with multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C), and had his right leg amputated in early February at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, a spokesperson for Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, where the boy entered rehabilitation and recovery, confirmed to Fox News. The child was transferred back to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital on Monday for amputations of both hands and his left leg. 

foxnews

MIS-C and COVID-19

cdc

:(

• Sad 1

R. Kelly has received his COVID-19 vaccination.

The ‘Ignition’ hitmaker is currently being held in an Illinois prison whilst he awaits trial in both Chicago and New York on charges including sexually abusing underage girls, producing *** Blocked ***ography, and destroying evidence.

And on Saturday (27.02.21) it was reported the musician has become one of 63 inmates at Chicago’s Metropolitan Correctional Centre to be fully inoculated against COVID-19, after he received both his vaccinations.

MSN

The archdiocese of New Orleans has told local Catholics to avoid the Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot Covid-19 vaccine, because its early development used “morally compromised cell lines created from two abortions”.

MSN

30 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The archdiocese of New Orleans has told local Catholics to avoid the Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot Covid-19 vaccine, because its early development used “morally compromised cell lines created from two abortions”.

MSN

Pfizer has used the same. The cells are dead. So there should be no problem with Johnson and Johnson. 

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Like 1

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article249611428.html Coronavirus cases in Missouri have dropped to 4% (4.8) for the past straight week. Vaccinations up 15%

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Like 2

Here is some more information on The archdiocese of New Orleans https://vaxopedia.org/2021/03/02/did-the-new-orleans-archdiocese-warn-catholics-to-avoid-a-morally-compromised-johnson-johnson-vaccine/ FYI its from a Pro-Life vaccine.

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Thanks 1

The recent drop in U.S. Covid-19 infections is showing signs of flattening, public-health officials and experts say, warning that a high plateau fueled by pandemic fatigue could lead to a fourth surge.

A Wall Street Journal analysis of data compiled by Johns Hopkins University shows that in more than 15 states, the average number of new cases over the past seven days is greater than the average number of cases over the past 14 days. Those states include Texas, Arkansas, New Jersey and Mississippi.

Wall St Journal: Link

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 4:34 PM, Eldorado said:

MSN

While I am not Catholic, I see nothing wrong with a person's core beliefs being consulted on such issues.  There are millions of people around the world who believe life is sacred.  The whole abortion drama is just another Left vs Right cage-match but while I do not agree with abortion on demand, I am not responsible for the choices of others.  I AM responsible if I decide to use a treatment or technology based on the use of dead baby tissue.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Fauci's comments on the latest states wanting to pull back mandates https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Duly noted.  If he's correct, we'll see an explosion of cases shortly and Saint Anthony di Fauci can say "I told you so".  What does he say if there ISN'T an explosion of new cases?  BTW, my state, Alabama, is rumored to become another "heretic" in the Covid religion...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

While I am not Catholic, I see nothing wrong with a person's core beliefs being consulted on such issues.  There are millions of people around the world who believe life is sacred.  The whole abortion drama is just another Left vs Right cage-match but while I do not agree with abortion on demand, I am not responsible for the choices of others.  I AM responsible if I decide to use a treatment or technology based on the use of dead baby tissue.  

What if the stem cells are from miscarriages and not abortions ?

Americans are reportedly leaving their homes and going out more than they were before the pandemic, the Washington Post reports based on recent cell phone data.

Cell phone movement, which shows when the device is moved more than one mile away from someone's home, was tracked by researchers at the University of Maryland, and they found it was higher the first week in March of this year compared to last year.

Depending on location, the number of daily trips one was higher by at most 13.6 per cent compared to this time last year.

Full report at MSN

Hopefully, a more vaccinated as well more cautious majority of the public can minimize the 4th wave said to started in 15 out of 50 states plus District of Columbia. 8.8-9.9% of the US population tested positive in the past 12 months, while it's possible 50-60% of the country could been exposed to SARS-CoV-2/HCoV-2019, thus the theory of possible herd immunity before July 1st or 4th or 7th (we get it, we can have small gatherings again when you're sure everyone has had the vaccine or exposure to have immunity last for 3-6 months). California may enter red (substantial spread) in the middle of this month, orange (moderate) in early May and yellow (minimal) in late June. Almost all of 58 counties were for the last 4 months in the purple (widespread), the stay at home order is "black" and post-covid life in the end of summer if there aren't small, local or controlled outbreaks of COVID, California will be in the "green/white/gray". Not only I see more majority seniors in my grocery store I work at, there is more compliance with wearing masks and socially distancing whenever possible, i.e. when you're in line for long periods of time. And most grocery store workers except those with antibody exposure (I admit to had COVID exposure sometime in 2020) are (fully) vaccinated by April, while I plan to get mine, because the vaccines are keeping up with new variant strains: It took a year to crack the code on COVID, now it's cracked repeatedly every week to update the vaccines.  

Edited by Solipsi Rai

On 3/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, and then said:

Duly noted.  If he's correct, we'll see an explosion of cases shortly and Saint Anthony di Fauci can say "I told you so".  What does he say if there ISN'T an explosion of new cases?  BTW, my state, Alabama, is rumored to become another "heretic" in the Covid religion...

AL is one of 20 states to have over 10% of the state population tested positive, along with my neighbor state AZ, and states where I have family like UT and OK. Then there are 5 European nations with this similar profile (case count or theorized exposure to COVID): Albania, Czechia, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. We praised Europe for avoiding the larger 2nd spike of COVID in the summer the US experienced, but complacency in normally free countries. Europeans followed their lockdowns, however they assumed prematurely it was over, and the virus in Europe has weakened, but the Italo-Spanish strain returned all over the continent and the new British, Brazilian, Danish, South African and many US variants are rapidly spreading. I wonder how's Sweden's no-lockdown approach and public collective effort is doing, and France's decision to reopen public schools in May and not closing them again in their 2nd lockdown, almost the entire public education system in the US and parts of nearby Canada and Mexico remained closed (or had to close again recently). 

Edited by Solipsi Rai

On 3/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article249611428.html Coronavirus cases in Missouri have dropped to 4% (4.8) for the past straight week. Vaccinations up 15%

That's good news. Similarly, in my area: Palm Springs succeeded in protecting their highly vulnerable population from COVID (i.e. senior citizens, people with respiratory illnesses, people who have HIV/AIDS including it's large Gay male community, high number of pregnancies since the birth rate is above average in my area, and resort/retail/farm workers). The more seasonal wealthy communities like Indian Wells are almost completely vaccinated, but the poorer and more Latino parts like Indio and Coachella have 15-16% of the city population infected. There are 9 incorporated cities in the Coachella Valley, but Palm Springs locked down ahead of the entire state and nation in March 2020 and they remain so. Wastewater samples, antibody tests and scientific estimation said 16-20-25% or 1 out of 8/5/4 depending on the city were infected, the majority of them in the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year's third spike. And the earliest possible cases were in Feb 2020 in the height of tourist season, one reason why the Date festival, BNP Paribas Open and the Coachella (music) festival will be held later in the year when they're certain almost everyone is immune by vaccination. 

Edited by Solipsi Rai