Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Attack on US military base

DarkHunter

45 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

You honestly have no idea what's going on do you.

Last year an American soldier got killed in a rocket attack, the leadership of Ketaib Hezbollah gets targeted which leads to the American embassy being attacked which ends in Soleimani getting killed.

Now Biden has his first American casualty from an attack done by an Iranian backed group.  There is a good chance he is going to be pressured to retaliate.  

Comparing stuff now to stuff that happened in Iraq and Afghanistan around the start of the war on terror isnt even remotely close.

I know far more and have direct insight into these incidents than you could possibly know.

That "stuff"  that happened then, has direct ties to what is happening now. The majority of detainees in Iraq that were in leadership roles were from Hezbollah.  If you knew what was happening and how it ties together you wouldn't make assumptions on strategic implications.

Lastly, I was at the Soldier's funeral. So yeah maybe  just maybe, I have a little more skin in the game than you.

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

I know far more and have direct insight into these incidents than you could possibly know.

That "stuff"  that happened then, has direct ties to what is happening now. The majority of detainees in Iraq that were in leadership roles were from Hezbollah.  If you knew what was happening and how it ties together you wouldn't make assumptions on strategic implications.

Lastly, I was at the Soldier's funeral. So yeah maybe  just maybe, I have a little more skin in the game than you.

Another self proclaimed expert that makes claims of having inside information.  Even through in an attempt at a play for emotion.  Ultimately claims are cheap online, so which is more likely a person with actual insider knowledge with the military who also personally knew a singular person killed at a very specific attack or another internet troll wanting to be something more then what they are and lieing about everything.  Statically the troll is much more likely.

Since you apparantly know so very much you should then know that a lot of these attacks are probing attacks to test just how far the Iranian regime can push the Biden administration, especially in regards to the JCPOA and sanctions.  You must also surely know that attacks back at the start of the war on terror were just to kill Americans and attempts to bleed an enemy.  

But both these current events and events from over a decade ago are completely the same and will have no implications what so ever.  You could at least attempt to show you know what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Another self proclaimed expert that makes claims of having inside information.  Even through in an attempt at a play for emotion.  Ultimately claims are cheap online, so which is more likely a person with actual insider knowledge with the military who also personally knew a singular person killed at a very specific attack or another internet troll wanting to be something more then what they are and lieing about everything.  Statically the troll is much more likely.

Since you apparantly know so very much you should then know that a lot of these attacks are probing attacks to test just how far the Iranian regime can push the Biden administration, especially in regards to the JCPOA and sanctions.  You must also surely know that attacks back at the start of the war on terror were just to kill Americans and attempts to bleed an enemy.  

But both these current events and events from over a decade ago are completely the same and will have no implications what so ever.  You could at least attempt to show you know what you are talking about.

You can be disrespectful to me all you like. That simply reveals the level of person you are. Whether you like it or not, I knew the Soldier and I know the pain his family still has as a result of his death.

I've deployed with the Task Force directly involved with current operations in theatre at Erbil. The Iranian slant is true but it is in relation to the US not a particular president. Look back if you will to specific attacks, kidnappings and murders over the last 15 years. They are Iranian directed attacks through Hezbollah. It is a Hezbollah commander who was the mastermind of one of the deadliest attacks inside a US camp in Iraq. He was captured and detained in Iraq for 6 years. It was the ineptness of the Obama Administration and State Department that led to me being ordered to turn him over to the government of Iraq. This transfer happened in December 2011 in Baghdad. That same commander was held by the Iraqi government for a few weeks and released to return to Lebanon where he was hailed as war hero. It is also this same commander that is now one of the heads of attack planning in Syria and targets throughout the region.

They are directly connected.

Personally, I think that the USA would be better of pulling its military out of the Middle East  in toto. 

So Iran would take over Iraq, and perhaps Lebanon. It would increase its influence in Syria.

Saudi would formally annex Yemen, or at least utterly destroy it. And it would probably  annex Qatar and Bahrain as well. 

God alone  knows what would happen to Syria. ISIS would probably make a comeback, and fight it out with the Kurds, Turks and Iranians. 

Emboldened in Lebanon, Iran would probably finance attacks against Israel, and Israel would respond by utterly annihilating Lebanon in response. 

But here's the thing;  why should the USA, or Europe, give a damn about all of that ? 

Apparently in a shocking and confusing turn of events which has some people concerned the Biden administration seems to be moving away from calling the recent attacks on American bases from being done by Iran backed militias to Shia backed militias.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ayei_Eloheichem/status/1367665611795353601

The speculation seems to be this is largely the Biden's administration's attempt to deflect blame away from Iran to open up the possibility of negotiating with them over the JCPOA.  

This is arguably off topic but also kind of related but the Israeli defense minister has announced the IDF are updating plans for a strike on Iran's nuclear program and prepared to act independently.

Lastly Kayhan has ran a story saying that more attacks on the American and coalition bases in Iraq will be occuring in the coming days.  

Seems the next month or so should be an interesting time.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Tatetopa said:

If President Trump was in his second term, he might be facing the same thing.

Going to war with Iran was a possibility but I think that returning to a de-facto attempt to be allied with them will be disastrous.  They are intent on controlling that region and are willing to be as deadly as necessary.  It is FOOLISH to the point of criminality to aid them in any way.  I assume Obama made this decision and it pleases me no end that it will strengthen the new alliance between Israel and the Sunni states.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:59 AM, RoofGardener said:

But here's the thing;  why should the USA, or Europe, give a damn about all of that ? 

Brushfires in a nuclear weapons age?

20 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Apparently in a shocking and confusing turn of events which has some people concerned the Biden administration seems to be moving away from calling the recent attacks on American bases from being done by Iran backed militias to Shia backed militias.  

Neither that shocking nor confusing.

Every possibility this was a militia or members of one acting autonomously. Wouldn't be the first to take pot shots without getting the go ahead.

And since Soleimani isn't on hand to rein them on any more (wonder why that would be...), such attacks are more and more likely.

27 minutes ago, and then said:

Going to war with Iran was a possibility but I think that returning to a de-facto attempt to be allied with them will be disastrous.  They are intent on controlling that region and are willing to be as deadly as necessary.  It is FOOLISH to the point of criminality to aid them in any way

And yet when we tried talking to them rather than starving them, progress was made.

Stability increased, nuclear development decreased, attacks coalition decreased.

Now you're back to watching your own soldiers die and cheering it on. Your logic boggles the mind...

38 minutes ago, and then said:

Going to war with Iran was a possibility but I think that returning to a de-facto attempt to be allied with them will be disastrous.  They are intent on controlling that region and are willing to be as deadly as necessary.  It is FOOLISH to the point of criminality to aid them in any way.  I assume Obama made this decision and it pleases me no end that it will strengthen the new alliance between Israel and the Sunni states.

An alliance with them would indeed be foolish.  Toning down the hostility would be good for the region especially if we attempt to disengage.

We are allied with Israel even if we both irritate and disagree with one another.  We do have some common cultural beliefs and heritage. Being allied with anybody else besides them in the region may just be asking for trouble.  People criticize Biden for not doing more to punish MBS, but that is the practicality of international life.   We are not there for morals, we are there for power, and balance of power to limit our exposure to sudden unpleasant surprises. Meanwhile other things are brewing in Africa and Asia.  We might need to simmer things down in the ME before China goes too far  for us to back off.  

Giving Obama credit for this is too much.  He was a late comer to the party and there were well entrenched strategies in place when he showed up.    He didn't help, but he did not invent it either.  We as a country through both Democratic and Republican administrations put ourselves there.

An alliance between Israel and the Sunni states will be just as fragile and superficial as ours with SA.  The enemy of our enemy is our friend, until we deal with our mutual enemy.   Then all bets are off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Neither that shocking nor confusing.

Every possibility this was a militia or members of one acting autonomously. Wouldn't be the first to take pot shots without getting the go ahead.

And since Soleimani isn't on hand to rein them on any more (wonder why that would be...), such attacks are more and more likely.

You really are completely and utterly an Iranian apologist.  A group armed with an Iranian weapon system, trained in the use of an Iranian weapon system, and with enough of a network in place to get the weapon system in range and fired could possibly be some small random Shia group with no instruction from Iran, that is just completely insane.  Even if they attacked autonomously from Iran, Iran having armed and trained them is still responsible for what they do.

Out of curiosity what exactly is a Shia backed militia.  The Biden administration did not say a Shia militia group but a Shia backed militia and were very clear on that with Kirby repeatedly saying he meant Shia backed militia.  Do we now assume that all Shia throughout the world are backing and aiding these militias.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Do we now assume that all Shia throughout the world are backing and aiding these militias.

Iran is BY FAR the worst offender where training and funding Shia terror is concerned and anyone who gives them a pass, is excusing their evil.  

On 3/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, and then said:

Brushfires in a nuclear weapons age?

Why not ? The expression "Brushfire War" was coined during the Kennedy administration. We had nuclear weapons then. 

On 3/6/2021 at 1:12 AM, DarkHunter said:

You really are completely and utterly an Iranian apologist.  A group armed with an Iranian weapon system, trained in the use of an Iranian weapon system, and with enough of a network in place to get the weapon system in range and fired could possibly be some small random Shia group with no instruction from Iran, that is just completely insane.  Even if they attacked autonomously from Iran, Iran having armed and trained them is still responsible for what they do.

Out of curiosity what exactly is a Shia backed militia.  The Biden administration did not say a Shia militia group but a Shia backed militia and were very clear on that with Kirby repeatedly saying he meant Shia backed militia.  Do we now assume that all Shia throughout the world are backing and aiding these militias.

The weapons system is a copy of a 1960's chinese weapon system.. the Type-63 rocket launcher. Seven countries - including Iran - have produced them under icense. Although it is a rocket launcher, using one is NOT rocket science. It could have been bought from Egypt, Sudan, North Korea, Vietnam or Turkey, in addition to Iran. 

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Why not ? The expression "Brushfire War" was coined during the Kennedy administration. We had nuclear weapons then. 

True... but we also had adults running the world at that time.  Today, there is a woeful lack of same.

1 hour ago, and then said:

True... but we also had adults running the world at that time.  Today, there is a woeful lack of same.

Yes, yes, so many adults. Responsible for World Wars, horrrific genocides and such. So much more mature and responsible than those today.

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

Yes, yes, so many adults. Responsible for World Wars, horrrific genocides and such. So much more mature and responsible than those today.

Neighbor, for someone who's convinced he has a big brain he's ready to share with the lesser souls here, you sure don't inspire much confidence.  The context we were discussing was nuclear weapons.  From what I've learned about them, only adults who had experience with real war and its consequences were afraid enough of them to know they could never again be used.  Let's just say I have less hope that the current crop will be as disciplined.  

17 hours ago, and then said:

Neighbor, for someone who's convinced he has a big brain he's ready to share with the lesser souls here, you sure don't inspire much confidence.  The context we were discussing was nuclear weapons.  From what I've learned about them, only adults who had experience with real war and its consequences were afraid enough of them to know they could never again be used.  Let's just say I have less hope that the current crop will be as disciplined.  

Very slippery way of trying to tell me to shut up and color.

Anyways, the term of "bushfires" was not primarily used in relation to nuclear proliferation and use. Those adults who would never use them again only facilitated the research and development of for more powerful nuclear weapons. You may look back on the good 'ol days with some nostalgia, however the reality is they weren't really that great. The adults as you say for every generation are faced with significant and complex issues that are usually a result of the previous generation's mistakes and miscalculations. The political and military actions in the Middle East however has been a never-ending series of those mistakes and events.