Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wind Turbines Freeze in Texas

Raptor Witness

Before imagining that this situation is a “good thing” for Texans, money wise, let’s see how many broken pipes there are, and how many people needlessly died.

Just imagine being told to boil water, for days, when you don’t even have electricity in the first place, to do that, and can’t drive on the highway to get bottled water, or the grocery store runs out because they can’t get deliveries. Never mind there’s no gas to put in your car.

All this unnecessary crazy crap, in the middle of a deadly pandemic. No reliable power to keep the vaccines safely cold in the pharmacies.

Yes, by all means vote again for the ..... stupid is, as stupid dies crowd, and I can guarantee you, the next peril will be worse.

Texas was dumb. I have family right across the border, who never lost power, and never worried about it, because they’re connected to the big grid.

If intelligence is not an advantage to our species, that can be sorted out real quick.

I say, let Texas succeed. Let them have all the God and Guns they want. They can build a second wall. No FEMA, No Military help with Mexican cartels. Heck, let Mexico reabsorb f:))&&7544 Texas.

Forget stupid, we don’t need their brand of lies, and death, anymore.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Sad stuff happening, really bad situation out there in Texas. But damn, most of the time, people are digging their own graves.

The tendance of never be prepared for the worst... no backup system at home. No worry, everything will be solved by the government and if not, we will blame them.

A lot of people can't afford backup systems, and the power providers should be prepared.  From what I understand, that is where the fault lies, with the providers cutting corners or ignoring possibilities they should have been prepared for.   There is not one company providing electricity in Texas.  In central Texas there is a company called Oncor whose job is to manage the distribution of the power and the infrastructure of the sub stations that send the electricity to the businesses and homes and all the providers are tied in to, but the actual equipment like wind turbines, gas production facilities, etc. are all owned by private, for profit companies.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, razman said:

I can understand that people are really struggling down there , but you would think they would be prepared in case this happened. Its not unheard of

If only someone would have mentioned something and warned us before now about 'changes' in our 'climate' that can cause extreme weather events like this to be more frequent.

• Like 1

AOC Says If Green New Deal Would Have Passed, It Would Have Prevented Texas Blackouts

LMAO,, does she realize snow covered solar panels and frozen windmills do not make electricity??

her idiocy has no bounds, 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aztek said:

LMAO,, does she realize snow covered solar panels and frozen windmills do not make electricity??

Here in Iowa we have angled solar panels so snow slides off and winterized wind turbines. But that being said even if we did adopt the Green New Deal, there would be no reason for Texas to install those systems with winterization in mind (Assuming this type of weather is a one-off thing).  

Seems like Iowa had to do rolling black outs for about 1500 families.  There seems to be a shortage of Natural gas (a fossil fuel) due to frozen wells as well as coal piles freezing solid:

Nationwide freeze forces rolling blackouts across north Iowa | KAALTV.com

Iowa Cooperatives Warn Of Rolling Electric Blackouts Due To Cold | Iowa Public Radio

To be fair, a couple of our wind turbines did freeze up.  The problem happened with a smaller co-op in the northern part of the state that share resources with some southern states.

Edited by Gromdor

15 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Big Problem?

Texas already succeeded in terms of their electric grid. It’s that simple, and now they’re back in the Stone Age. 

No potable water is the Stone Age, @Myles, so don’t argue with me otherwise, unless you have an artesian well at your house, also.

I still disagree.   They are in an enclose house.   They have lots of clothes and quilts and blankets.  Socks and shoes for their feet.   Food in the cabinets and freezer.  Heck, I can live for a month on what I have on hand.   Towards the end, I wouldn't like it a whole lot (cans of beans, carrots, peas and other things).  Matches, lighter and candles for light and to maybe heat up a can of food.  Soft bed to lie in.  Folks from the stone age would love to have it that nice.

I do feel for them because in no way is this good for them.  

• Like 1

A former classmate of mine lives in Mineral Wells, TX. She's without power and cold.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

I still disagree.   They are in an enclose house.   They have lots of clothes and quilts and blankets.  Socks and shoes for their feet.   Food in the cabinets and freezer.  Heck, I can live for a month on what I have on hand.   Towards the end, I wouldn't like it a whole lot (cans of beans, carrots, peas and other things).  Matches, lighter and candles for light and to maybe heat up a can of food.  Soft bed to lie in.  Folks from the stone age would love to have it that nice.

Do Texans even own cold weather clothing?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Do Texans even own cold weather clothing?  

Oh yeah.   When it drops to 65 they put on pants and sweaters.   

I bet the toilet seats are a cold nightmare.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Myles said:

What about water, did you say you had an artisan well where you live?

I was watching Andrea Mitchell at noon on MSNBC today, and 7 million are under a boil order. That’s a lot of people boiling water. I doubt there’s enough freshwater sitting on the grocery shelves to cover all 7 million.

You should understand by now that when I say something like the “Stone Age,” I’m forecasting our future, especially if we keep pizzing off Mother Earth, not to mention the other Higher Powers, who aren’t happy with some of U.S. lying about everything.

This planet isn’t just our rodeo. That’s the biggest lie.

Who do you consider more credible, these clowns in Texas who are lying to The People, or the person who forecast here on January 8, 2021 that the polar vortex was coming to Southtown USA?

2 hours ago, razman said:

Ted blames his daughters for Cancun trip (see link) below. As Trump would say "Lying Ted" :yes:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-storm-b1804308.html

• Thanks 1

At least in the Stone Age, Texans could have probably found a dry cave.

This is no fun folks ...  and the thaw has only begun.

26 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Ted blames his daughters for Cancun trip (see link) below. As Trump would say "Lying Ted" :yes:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-storm-b1804308.html

Well if trump would have won the election , he would be down there blowing so much hot air , problem solved.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Oh yeah.   When it drops to 65 they put on pants and sweaters.   

I bet the toilet seats are a cold nightmare.

Slide tube socks over the toilet seat will keep your fanny warm.;)

Edited by Hawken
  • Thanks 1

Senator Ted Cruz left Texas for Cancún as the state was battered by a brutal winter storm  -  NY Times

“With school canceled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon,” Mr. Cruz said, adding that, like millions of other Texans, his family had lost heat and power.

Mr. Cruz insisted that he and his staff had been “in constant communication” with state and local leaders during his brief Cancún trip. The Senate was in recess this week.

“This has been an infuriating week for Texans,” he said.

It must be nice living the Jetset life, while poor people are struggling to barely make it in Texas. No potable water, frozen pipes, The People half frozen.

Perhaps Senator Cruz can bring a little sunshine back with him, to spread around.

You gotta love these God and Guns types. They are brilliant political animals. 

7 million Texans under boil orders, and he leaves the state for warmer pastures. 

Where is my “Red Kingdom” T-shirt, because I have a feeling that it’s about to turn a lot bluer, in the cold shoulder cycle.

19 minutes ago, razman said:

But he said " wanting to be a good dad , he flew them down". He can't even own up to it , he blames it on his kids .

That’s the “Guns” part talking ...

6 hours ago, aztek said:

She needs to get out of NYC and see how the rest of the world works.

I think Chris Hayes summed it up best last night when it comes to Texas governor Abbott’s lies.

Now we’re hearing that most of the regulators for the Texas grid, who are chosen by governor Abbott, don’t even live in Texas.

I wonder why during most of his press conferences, governor Abbott has a Texas Ranger with a big old pistol on his hip standing behind him, or some mystery man with a badge in a white shirt, scowling at the camera beside him. 

21 hours ago, toast said:

Thats a missleading statement because if there is enough energy produced by renewable energie sources to meet the need, then its possible.

At this time in our technological progress, it is not possible. It probably would become possible with fusion, but probably never with only wind and solar in any of our lifetimes.