Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wind Turbines Freeze in Texas

Raptor Witness

4 hours ago, toast said:

What problems? Do we have a powercut here? And dont forget that we are connected to the UCTE grid .

Germanys also have access to Nord Pool through their friendly neighbour to the North. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nord_Pool

In the EU power is treated as a commodity and is bought and sold across the continent to according to demand. Its the free maket in action. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, aztek said:

de-icing-wind-turbines.jpg

You "forgot" to say that the image is from a 2015 test in Sweden and thus have no connections to what happens in Texas. Did you knowingly leave that out or did you simply not bother to check ?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9953125062

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You "forgot" to say that the image is from a 2015 test in Sweden and thus have no connections to what happens in Texas. Did you knowingly leave that out or did you simply not bother to check ?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9953125062

who cares,  not to mention  i never claimed it was in TX.   not that it matters anyway,  it really happened , where and when is irrelevant,

Edited by aztek

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

who cares,  not to mention  i never claimed it was in TX.   not that it matters anyway,  it really happened , where and when is irrelevant,

You don't think why it happened is relevant ? You didn't even read the link did you ?

Oh well I never really expect anything else from you, but people who lives in the real world might find it interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You don't think why it happened is relevant ? You didn't even read the link did you ?

Oh well I never really expect anything else from you, but people who lives in the real world might find it interesting.

nope,  you need to chill,  as far people living in real world,  coming from you that is rich, lol

it is a fracking meme, as in allegory, artistic representation,  it only represents an idea,  ffs, next thing you'll be fact checking jokes, and asking original source for anecdotes.  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, joc said:

You think Florida has a comprehensive plan for 5 below zero?   What about Louisiana...the rest of the southern states..

But hey...we did great for what we had.  Think Florida isn't prepared for Hurricanes?  And they still lose power when they happen don't they?  You just do the best you can do with what you have...and that's what we do.  And Monday everyone will have their power back on because we are just that good...no brag just fact! :)

No **** guy.  We aren't the ones painting windmills as the devil because they froze in Texas.  This stupid thread was made to try to politicize green energy, as windmills spin freely in states that see this weather regularly.  Just cross the border with Ted Cruz to enjoy a better life with your family.   

3 hours ago, Agent0range said:

This stupid thread was made to try to politicize green energy ....

Actually, I was hoping that if enough Texas Republicans began twisting in the wind, the power grid might be replenished.

9 hours ago, Agent0range said:

No **** guy.  We aren't the ones painting windmills as the devil because they froze in Texas.  This stupid thread was made to try to politicize green energy, as windmills spin freely in states that see this weather regularly.  Just cross the border with Ted Cruz to enjoy a better life with your family.   

First of all...not my thread.  Secondly, it is a stupid thread. Thirdly, I haven't even mentioned windmills.  Lastly, Ted Cruz did not go to Cancun to escape the winter storm.  Neither did my brother-in-law's brother.   It was a trip that had been long planned and coincided with an unfortunate storm.  Aside from Ted being a Republican Senator from Texas...there is no reason to give him grief.  Had he been a Democrat...you all would have been saying:  Uh, the last time I checked, Senators don't run Electrical Grids.

No one called Ted to say, Hey Bud...we are seriously running out of fuel on these sectors of the grid...what should we do.

I have a question for you sir.   Why is it that you hate Republicans so much?  

Edited by joc

2 hours ago, joc said:

First of all...not my thread.  Secondly, it is a stupid thread. Thirdly, I haven't even mentioned windmills.  Lastly, Ted Cruz did not go to Cancun to escape the winter storm.  Neither did my brother-in-law's brother.   It was a trip that had been long planned and coincided with an unfortunate storm.  Aside from Ted being a Republican Senator from Texas...there is no reason to give him grief.  Had he been a Democrat...you all would have been saying:  Uh, the last time I checked, Senators don't run Electrical Grids.

No one called Ted to say, Hey Bud...we are seriously running out of fuel on these sectors of the grid...what should we do.

I have a question for you sir.   Why is it that you hate Republicans so much?  

your brother-in-law's brother i believe didn't , but Cruz took off so fast he left Snowflake home to die ! The Humane Society is after him now.  Snow Poodle | Pbenjay's Blog

Edited by razman

58 minutes ago, razman said:

your brother-in-law's brother i believe didn't , but Cruz took off so fast he left Snowflake home to die ! The Humane Society is after him now.  Snow Poodle | Pbenjay's Blog

That seems to be inaccurate: 

Did Ted Cruz Leave His Dog Snowflake at Home While Traveling to Cancun?: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ted-cruz-left-dog-snowflake-cancun/

Fact Check: Did Ted Cruz Leave His Dog Snowflake Home Alone During Trip to Cancun?: https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-ted-cruz-leave-his-dog-snowflake-home-alone-during-trip-cancun-1570691

The second article has info about Snowflake and further information about the controversy and timing surrounding the Cruz's trip. 

Just now, razman said:

I was being sarcastic more than anything.

It would be a good idea to say as much when you post things like that... otherwise they come off as if you are posting truthfully about the situation. There was just another bad example of this sort of thing with the inaccurate meme that suggested about the deicing of turbines. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rashore said:

It would be a good idea to say as much when you post things like that... otherwise they come off as if you are posting truthfully about the situation. There was just another bad example of this sort of thing with the inaccurate meme that suggested about the deicing of turbines. 

Yea i saw that one.

Now with the warmup in weather in the forecast, it's going from frozen to all that stuff melting off... Weather's gonna be back up to the 60-70's in Houston. 

Plenty of changes are on the way, but the first and most important change is that we finally stayed above freezing! Temperatures never fell below freezing earlier this morning, and our southerly wind will bring us an increase in cloud cover and a warmup this afternoon in to the mid to upper 60s.

https://abc13.com/weather/one-last-freezing-morning-before-our-warmup-/39346/

From the BBC about efforts: Texas weather: President Biden declares major disaster: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56129833

AOC has so far raised £4,000,000 in relief while Ted Cruz went on holiday and other Texas politicians slaughtered her for doing so.

One said ex politician actually sued to stop the power grid being winter-proofed in 2011. 

You really couldn't make this stuff up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

AOC has so far raised £4,000,000 in relief while Ted Cruz went on holiday and other Texas politicians slaughtered her for doing so.

One said ex politician actually sued to stop the power grid being winter-proofed in 2011. 

You really couldn't make this stuff up. 

Can you provide source for the bolded please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Meanwhile.... 

He may not be far off with that. Power is coming back on for a large majority of folks. 

Though in some of the home forums I haunt, water problems/boil orders are still on. Some accounts of the folks on the wholesale grid getting hit with whoppers of power bills, with a lot of people reporting steady bills (they look after hearing news) as far as electric goes. 

On 2/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, joc said:

Right, and you are an electrical grid management genius...

It does not need to be a electrical grid management genius to judge that the autonomous Texas grid pose a risk for power outage in case of inner state electricity suppliers failure and/or grid disturbances. And, I didnt claimed to be an electrical grid management genius but its fact that risk management and risk analysis is a part of my daily work so for me as a professional in that field its very simple to assess a situation.

commenting on something that happened in a place you know absolutely nothing about comparing it to the most advanced country in the world...Germany?  Are you kidding me!  Nope! 

Its not of relevance where I am to assess a situation.

He is dead serious folks.

Your call for an audience will not support your argumentation which is without facts anyway.

please...do it with your buddies in Germany ...

If necessary I do that as well so no need for you to ask for.

don't try to tell a Texan what did or did not work in Texas....geez! 

As some Texans need explanations I`m happy to assist.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How rare an event was this visit by the Polar Vortex?

Apparently, it broke numerous types of all-time records, including for peak energy demand in Texas, and state natural gas prices.

It was a “perfect storm,” and Texas was within four hours of a complete grid failure, which is explained in greater detail.

The engineers are just now examining the hidden Truth, as opposed to all the lies fed to U.S. by the Republican state leadership. 

This fascinating story is not overly technical and well put together.

Edited just now by Raptor Witness