Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rush Limbaugh, Dead at 70

RavenHawk

A great light has gone out.  Now it is up to the rest of us to carry the torch....

Loosing him is a sad thing but perhaps it is what must happen before making changes and moving forward.  He is the fallen comrade that motivates us all.

I will miss you Rush!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

To my understanding, he had been unwell for a while. R.I.P. Mr. Limbaugh. 

Yes he was and he went down swinging.  How can any Conservative American do anything less?  I wonder if this is going to be that one thing that blows the doors off?  Continuing a grassroots movement that started with the TEA Party and rallies on with Trump!?  It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He always said his talent was "on loan from God".  I guess it was time to return it to Him.  The first time I recall hearing him was the day after our Aegis cruiser, U.S.S. Vincennes, shot down an Iranian commercial airliner.  He'll certainly be missed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

R.I.P. Rush Limbaugh.  I'm going to miss his voice on the radio.

• Like 2

“My ongoing attempts to thank everybody in the audience, all of you, for everything. You mean to me, that last call.  That Reminds me how much I love all of you, how much I so appreciate everything you've meant to me and my family. You don't have any idea how I know so many people think this program has changed their lives for the better. You have no idea what you all have meant to me and my family. That day is going to come. Folks are I'm not going to be able to do this. I don't know when that is.  I want to be able to do it for as long as I want to do it, I want to, but the day will come where I'm not going to be able to.  And I want you to understand that even when the day comes. I'd like to be here. I have this sense of needing to constantly show my appreciation for all that you have done and meant. To me, so I hope you all have a great. Christmas, a great new year, and I hope that the things that are in store for all of us in the coming year are certainly better than what we have endured in 2020. I don't know.” – Rush Limbaugh, 23 Dec 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I first started listening to Rush back in the 90s...92 I think...I was like...Who is that?!  He was saying everything I already thought and had been saying myself.  I think that is why so many people listened to, admired, and yes...loved...him.  

We didn't listen to him because we agreed with him.  We listened to him because HE agreed with us.  He broadcasted across the fruited plain what we had all been thinking for a long time.  He is and will be missed.

Sadness! :(

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Never liked Limbaugh, but sorry to hear of his passing. 

Thank you for the show of class that is so rare these days. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Thank you for the show of class that is so rare these days. 

Thanks, Michelle, right back at ya. 

• Like 4

I didn't realise until just now that Limbaugh had bilateral cochlear implants.

As the parent of a child with such implants I hope he promoted the benefits of implants as widely as possible.

• Like 4

I remember when Rush limbaugh was on television in the afternoon.  I came home from college classes one afternoon to find my brother watching his show and shouting at the telivision.  "Rush!  Don't you notice there are no brothers in your audience?  Lilly white faces and no color. Can't you see that?"    I think he was having a bad day and needed some mindless entertainment.  I miss my brother but I will never miss Rush Limbaugh.  I am sure he had a family who will miss him though and I hope they are ok.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Peter B said:

As the parent of a child with such implants I hope he promoted the benefits of implants as widely as possible.

Well, the only way you will know that is to look him up and see if he did.  He is a media personality so I am sure there is something out there to tell you if he did or not.   One of my coworker's grandson's has those implants.   It made a big difference for him.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

As I've just had to remove some posts, a reminder to keep it classy, please.

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Peter B said:

IIRC, he had ongoing issues with back pain and like too many others today, he became addicted to opioids.  I don't recall how long he over-consumed them but those drugs are what destroyed his hearing.  He was public in admitting his addiction and so far as I'd heard since then, his rehab "took" and he never went back to them.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Peter B said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It cannot be understated just how much this man changed the face of US politics. He was fully responsible for everything you see with today's conservatives being full on conspiracy theorists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I remember when Rush limbaugh was on television in the afternoon.  I came home from college classes one afternoon to find my brother watching his show and shouting at the telivision.  "Rush!  Don't you notice there are no brothers in your audience?  Lilly white faces and no color. Can't you see that?"    I think he was having a bad day and needed some mindless entertainment.  I miss my brother but I will never miss Rush Limbaugh.  I am sure he had a family who will miss him though and I hope they are ok.

My grandmother watched him for the same reasons.

• Haha 1

I feel sorry for his family, but Rush was a terrible human being who exploited fear to make millions, demonized gays, women, minorities, and pretty much everybody else, and is one of the main reasons we're so far behind other countries in regards to taking care of our people due to fearmongering about how universal healthcare meant communism. I'm glad he's no longer around to pollute the world with his filth, but has I said, he had a family and the ONLY negative thing about him ceasing to exist is the fact they lost a loved one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Rush took great pleasure in 'tweaking' the liberals who constantly misquoted him and took him out of context...most having never even listened to the show.

He would comment often, I know these people like every square inch of my glorious naked body!

I had the great pleasure of briefly speaking with Rush once on his Radio Show.  It was the end of the show and I was the last caller and only had a few seconds.  

• Like 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked