Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rush Limbaugh, Dead at 70

RavenHawk

2 hours ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

0:10 "A direct line to the West Wing is what it is..."

Aw, what? No wonder my kid won't concentrate in class if that's what he's hearing through his implant...

1 hour ago, Peter B said:

0:10 "A direct line to the West Wing is what it is..."

Aw, what? No wonder my kid won't concentrate in class if that's what he's hearing through his implant...

He just might be President one day! 

You never know 

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I feel sorry for his family, but Rush was a terrible human being who exploited fear to make millions, demonized gays, women, minorities, and pretty much everybody else, and is one of the main reasons we're so far behind other countries in regards to taking care of our people due to fearmongering about how universal healthcare meant communism. I'm glad he's no longer around to pollute the world with his filth, but has I said, he had a family and the ONLY negative thing about him ceasing to exist is the fact they lost a loved one. 

I was reading what fox posted,

fox on rush

You know a lot of people feel the way you do,

I was recalling the bit rush did making fun or gays dying of aids ( just like lung cancer isnt a cigar smokers only illness aids is not a "gay" only affliction )

I Looked up the facts and was pleased to learn something,

rush did have regrets

He regretted making fun of people dying excruciating deaths, so in that i can say i respect him for seeing how wrong he was for making fun of people hurting.

I guess when he walked in the shoes of others he saw things thru different eyes.

My heartfelt well wishes go out to his family.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I feel sorry for his family, but Rush was a terrible human being who exploited fear to make millions, demonized gays, women, minorities, and pretty much everybody else, and is one of the main reasons we're so far behind other countries in regards to taking care of our people due to fearmongering about how universal healthcare meant communism. I'm glad he's no longer around to pollute the world with his filth, but has I said, he had a family and the ONLY negative thing about him ceasing to exist is the fact they lost a loved one. 

• Awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Donald Trump (2020)
  • Five-time winner of the National Association of Broadcasters Marconi Award for “Excellence in Syndicated and Network Broadcasting”
  • Children’s Choice Author of the Year, Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims (2014)
  • Author of #1 New York Times bestselling Adventures of Rush Revere Series, including Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims, The First Patriots, The American Revolution, The Star-Spangled Banner, and The Presidency
  • Author of The Limbaugh Letter, the most widely read political newsletter in the country and two #1 New York Times best-selling books, The Way Things Ought to Be and See, I Told You So, which have sold nearly 10 million copies. Additionally, See, I Told You So set an American publishing record
  • Inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago in 1993
  • Inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1998
  • Inducted into the Hall of Famous Missourians on May 14, 2012 at the State Capitol building in Jefferson City
  • Hosted Rush Limbaugh – The Television Show in New York from 1992 through 1996
  • Received a personal letter from President Ronald Reagan thanking him and naming him the “Number One voice for conservatism in our Country”
  • Invited to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom in the White House by President George H. W. Bush
  • Honorary Member of the Republican Freshman Class of 1995 House of Representatives
  • Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People (2008)
  • Time Magazine(R)’s 100 Most Influential People in the World (2009)
  • Forbes Magazine’s 50 Most Powerful Celebrities in the United States, numerous years (#19 in 2010)
  • Awarded the “William F. Buckley, Jr. Award for Media Excellence” by the Media Research Center (2007)
  • Received CPAC’s “Defender of the Constitution Award” (2009)
  • Named the Human Events Man of the Year (2007)
  • The Giving Back Fund’s 10 Most Generous Celebrities for contributions to charities and individuals, such as the Marine Corps – Law Enforcement Foundation
  • Hosted an annual radio Cure-a-thon to benefit research done by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)– raising over $47 million to date
  • Miss America(R) Pageant Judge 2010
  • Guest Television appearances include Nightline with Ted Koppel, Cross Fire(TM), Good Morning America(R), CBS This Morning(TM), The Today(R) Show, The Phil Donahue Show(TM), The Late Show(R) with David Letterman, The Tonight Show(R), This Week(TM) with David Brinkley, Meet the Press(R) with Tim Russert, and The Drew Carey Show(R). Starred as himself in the popular network sitcoms Family Guy(R) and Hearts Afire(R)
  • Profiled on CBS’s 60 Minutes(R), ABC’s 20/20(R) and in numerous publications including U.S. News and World Report(R), Newsweek(R), National Review(TM), Time Magazine(R), The New York Times(R) Magazine and USA Weekend(R)

You are a sad, sad, sad little man.

And I'd just about bet that you've never listened to Rush Limbaugh once! All you have is the opinion that is spoon fed to you from the usual sources.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My grandfather lived next door to my parents.  I'd be over there visiting all the time, but I could always hear my grandfather's radio (which I still have and it still functions.  It was built in the year of my birth).  At some point, I recall him regularly listening to Rush.  This was in the late 80s when Rush just started.  I was just mesmerized.  Who is this guy?  I was hooked, although, there were many years in between when I couldn’t listen to him.  Every chance I could, I would.  The truth he spoke was pure honesty and Rush’s humor lightened the day.  I probably enjoyed the climate change segments the most.  He was on top of it all.  He taught people how to think for themselves (and drew those that already could think for themselves, closer), while the Left continues to try to dumb down the people.  Rush may be gone but I sense that the dumbing down is coming to an end.  They overextended themselves this time.  Trump forced that on them.  Both are more influential than they have ever been.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

My grandmother watched him for the same reasons.

Gotta have someone to hate.  :lol:

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

In early days, I always considered Rush Limbaugh more of a comedian than anything else. When people started taking him seriously, I stopped listening to his show. He was deadly serious.

"Tell your breasts to stop staring at my eyes... "

- Rush Limbaugh

Classic 

~

• Haha 2

Those that show disgust toward Rush may have listened to him, but they didn’t hear what he said.  They view him through the lens that they were told to look through and think (all superficial).  I spent much of last night listening to many people that knew him, give testimonials.  Those are the ones to listen to, not those that are jealous.  He was well loved by those that knew him.   He was the great Conservative Voice of this country.  He had his finger on the pulse of this nation.

John Rich tweeted this story that is captured in this article:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rush-limbaugh-john-rich-anonymous-100g-donation-celebrity-apprentice-fundraiser

"When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St Jude Children's Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous. I never said a word until now. He will be missed."

How many more of those are out there?  Rush was a caring, compassionate, generous man.

If you don’t like this country, you know where the door is.  If you think you do then stop trashing it and its treasures and start building it up.  Our history is our history, every wart of it.  We can’t change it, shouldn’t change it, but we can certainly learn from it (that's the reason for it).  But you can’t if your ideology is the removal of the Four Olds (therefore can't learn from your past, you are doomed to repeat it).  And Rush represents those (American ideas, American habits, American customs, & American culture) and they are what he fought to preserve.  They are the core foundation of this nation as the Founding Fathers envisioned.  Rush gave us a new appreciation of who we are.  It is up to those he left behind to continue the work.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Gotta have someone to hate.  :lol:

For her it was a love hate type idea, i doubt she disagreed with everthing he said, for her watching him was like watching wrestling i imagine he would have liked that.

I watched him or heard him many times and always found him the polar opposite of Barry Champlain who i very much liked,

Rush was a guru at what he did and his fans loved him, im always very sad when anyone dies, 70 was young.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

I never listened to Rush. A little to main stream for my taste. 

RIP Rush. 

• Haha 1

Drive By Media - Rush Limbaugh 

R.I.P.

• Like 1

RIP.... Big Ditto. 

I used to only listen once in a while. Mostly when I was driving.

• Like 1