Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spy pixels in emails have become endemic

Eldorado

The use of "invisible" tracking tech in emails is now "endemic", according to a messaging service that analysed its traffic at the BBC's request.

Hey's review indicated that two-thirds of emails sent to its users' personal accounts contained a "spy pixel", even after excluding for spam.

Its makers said that many of the largest brands used email pixels, with the exception of the "big tech" firms.

Defenders of the trackers say they are a commonplace marketing tactic.

Full BBC report: Link

• Like 3

I think unsolicited marketing should be illegal no matter what tactics they use.  Billboards and ads on television, in magazines and newspapers & on free internet sites is as far as it should go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Blipverts are just around the corner

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Blipverts are just around the corner

I was thinking about Max Headroom in relation to politics recently.   Do you drink Coke then your vote goes to ... If you drink Pepsi your vote goes to the other guy and if you don't drink either you don't get a vote.

21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I was thinking about Max Headroom in relation to politics recently.   Do you drink Coke then your vote goes to ... If you drink Pepsi your vote goes to the other guy and if you don't drink either you don't get a vote.

Here is the wall to the left of me, its our project work room,

20210218_123624_copy_565x494.jpg.dc349ac6fad6e98dff8849fa952375f2.jpg

Back in the 80s the coke delivery truck at the club has this on the side, the driver let me have it, it then hung in the DJ booth a year or so before spending the next few decades on my garage wall at the old house.

• Like 1