Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ammo Company Won't Sell To Biden Voters

OverSword

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Not quite like that.  Think of this as an "it doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they say something about you" situation.  So first off if you are a gun owner buying some ammo may not have been at the forefront of your thoughts when you woke up this morning but after hearing about this story it's in your mind at some level now. If you decide that you do need to buy some ammo there is a decent chance you will go to this sellers website and order it.  They probably boosted sales 1000% for one or two days using this story as free advertising.  It's pretty ingenious I think really.

yep...no different than this grocery store I used to go to...I stopped going because I got tired of hearing the chickens clucking, ever so softly over the intercom, not all the time but enough of the time you just knew they were trying to put that subliminal message in peoples heads...buy some chicken...

I don't take well to people who want to manipulate me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I get it, anyone who thinks they hate Biden will run buy ammo from that company and the idea is there are more of those people than those who like Biden and have guns.   Still silly in my opinion.

I think it is still effective.  They are banking on more republicans choosing to buy from them than the biden clan going elsewhere.  I think it is a safe bet.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

yep...no different than this grocery store I used to go to...I stopped going because I got tired of hearing the chickens clucking, ever so softly over the intercom, not all the time but enough of the time you just knew they were trying to put that subliminal message in peoples heads...buy some chicken...

I don't take well to people who want to manipulate me.

Chicken clucking would make me think of eggs instead of chicken meat.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Chicken clucking would make me think of eggs instead of chicken meat.

Well see...there you go...we can sell more eggs and chicken meat.   Hmmmm....what if we play a cow mooing...will we sell more milk?  Or more steak?  hey, put on that mooing tape Ralphy...

• Haha 4

Plus, you know...you can only have the, Stock up on ammo now before Biden takes it all away sale, once in a very blue moon.

• Haha 2

Thought it would be good to include the statement about this from the company website: 

Q:  Are you really discriminating against people who voted for Joe Biden?

A:  Yes, we are, and for good reason.  Joe Biden ran on a campaign built on the most radical gun control platform we've ever seen.  If it was up to him and his administration, companies like ours wouldn't exist.  If it was up to them, firearms and ammunition manufacturing would become a nationalized industry meant to serve only the military and police.

We are a company who believes in the Second Amendment as a first principle.  The right to use basic human technology to prevent your life from being taken is something that transcends politics, but unfortunately, there is one particular political ideology who seems hell bent on disrupting this balance of power between the citizenry and the government.

If you voted for Biden, we suggest you become familiar with his campaign promises as it pertains to gun control so you never do that again, or, we suggest you sell your firearms to someone who is more interested in preserving the rights that make up the fabric of our nation.

• Like 3

I disagree with this. 

But for years we have seen stupid things like gyms kicking people out for wearing MAGA hats and other stupid stuff. 

It's all dumb though.

• Like 5

Regardless of whether or not this is a publicity stunt or not... 

Is the idea of a person's vote being protected from being made public/ people being protected from being forced to reveal their vote not a thing in the US? 

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2

Just now, Orphalesion said:

Regardless of whether or not this is a publicity stunt or not... 

Is the idea of a person's vote being protected from being made public/ people being protected from having their vote made public not a thing in the US? 

It is a thing in the U.S.   And the company knows that anyone who wants to buy ammo from them can lie about who they voted for.  The thing is no matter who I voted for I would not buy ammo from that company.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

It is a thing in the U.S.   And the company knows that anyone who wants to buy ammo from them can lie about who they voted for.  The thing is no matter who I voted for I would not buy ammo from that company.

But shouldn't it then be illegal for the company to even ask that question?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Legally they can, but yeah I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

But that doesn't make sense, if the secret vote is protected by law, then it should be illegal for some company requiring their customers to reveal their vote in order to buy their product, because it violates voter protection.
The only loophole I could think of if there was an additonl box saying something like "I do not wish to reveal who I voted for" you could tick instead, and even it'd be extremely iffy imho. 

• Like 1

Even though if meant as a publicity stunt, in my opinion it is never a great move to bring politics into your business. This could come back and bite them in the ass big time.

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

But that doesn't make sense, if the secret vote is protected by law, then it should be illegal for some company requiring their customers to reveal their vote in order to buy their product, because it violates voter protection.
The only loophole I could think of if there was an additonl box saying something like "I do not wish to reveal who I voted for" you could tick instead, and even it'd be extremely iffy imho. 

Voter protection just means the votes are not public knowledge. But if you give it out to someone it's on you.

Its really a gap in the laws in my opinion. Technically a private company can ask you in an interview who you voted for. Thought that almost never happens. 

Public jobs and employees it's different though. You definitely can't ask them.

As for a business asking customers, in most parts of the U.S it's technically not illegal.  Thought I could be wrong there. 

Edited by spartan max2

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Actually, it might not be.  Vote buying is illegal.  For instance it is illegal to give everyone that voted for someone you want a hotdog.  Granted it is a bit of a stretch to say the privilege to purchase a product because of your vote is the same but I would leave that to lawyers to argue about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Actually, it might not be.  Vote buying is illegal.  For instance it is illegal to give everyone that voted for someone you want a hotdog.  Granted it is a bit of a stretch to say the privilege to purchase a product because of your vote is the same but I would leave that to lawyers to argue about.

I would be interested to see how a court case of this would go.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Its really a gap in the laws in my opinion. Technically a private company can ask you in an interview who you voted for. Thought that almost never happens.

That idea is a little bit terrifying, and as far as I'm aware, that is illegal here. And some people here take it so seriously that they won't even reveal who they voted for to their family or friends.
But we have some shady things here too, politics is a mess wherever you go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I would be interested to see how a court case of this would go.

I doubt anyone truly cares enough to take it to court.  Without harm it is just a meaningless publicity stunt.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

No because it is a private company, if they insisted on forcing an answer then yes, but asking the question is not illegal and people can choose to answer or  not.   

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No because it is a private company, if they insisted on forcing an answer then yes, but asking the question is not illegal and people can choose to answer or  not.   

But they are forcing an answer for you to be able to buy their product, which again should, in my opinion fall under voter protection.

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

But they are forcing an answer for you to be able to buy their product, which again should, in my opinion fall under voter protection.

Then anyone who doesn't want to answer can buy their ammo somewhere else, and any one who wants to buy ammo from them can lie about who they voted for.  This is stupid and not even newsworthy.

55 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Even though if meant as a publicity stunt, in my opinion it is never a great move to bring politics into your business. This could come back and bite them in the ass big time.

I believe we are on a path toward segregation between Left and Right.  It will possibly lead to competing economies within the country.  Boycotts will become "codified" so to speak.

19 minutes ago, and then said:

I believe we are on a path toward segregation between Left and Right.  It will possibly lead to competing economies within the country.  Boycotts will become "codified" so to speak.

I hope not. Segregation is a bad thing in my opinion. I know this is an extreme example but 80s Yugoslavia comes to my mind. It's scary my friend. 

• Like 3

@and then  Since the two extremes you mention are not the majority it would be impossible to segregate them the way you describe.   I know it's hard for you to consider that you do not belong in a majority group, but rather a very noisy minority group; just as loud as the group you think is your "enemy".  The rest of us are standing in the middle trying to figure out how to shut both groups up so things can get done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked