Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ammo Company Won't Sell To Biden Voters

OverSword

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Regardless of whether or not this is a publicity stunt or not... 

Is the idea of a person's vote being protected from being made public/ people being protected from being forced to reveal their vote not a thing in the US? 

Yes, of course and they wouldn't reveal who clicked what because that will be a list of their clients.  Nobody can actually force you to reveal how you vote, nor should it matter IMO.  This is a publicity stunt, although I'm sure their feelings about bidens gun platform are true.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is a thing in the U.S.   And the company knows that anyone who wants to buy ammo from them can lie about who they voted for.  The thing is no matter who I voted for I would not buy ammo from that company.

Depends on the price.

But shouldn't it then be illegal for the company to even ask that question?

No.  It should be if it's to get a job or home or a loan from a bank, but in this case or even walking down the street you can ask if you want to.  Ask me and I'll just give you a weird look or possibly say Roosevelt.

• Like 1

And some people here take it so seriously that they won't even reveal who they voted for to their family or friends.

That's how people used to be here too.  Now you have to ID yourself as Red or Blue for the upcoming civil war so you know who to shun before the shooting starts :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But they are forcing an answer for you to be able to buy their product, which again should, in my opinion fall under voter protection.

You don't have to answer honestly so who cares?

• Like 1

It seems Trump supporters love drama. Just like he does. What a childish act.

How incredibly stupid. Only in America I suppose. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes.  It's only trump supporters that spread drama and act childish :whistle:

But seriously though, I don't think they mention trump, they are just against a president that would like to see their business disappear.

I think they're geniuses.  I would love to see this weeks sales compared to last weeks.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But seriously though, I don't think they mention trump, they are just against a president that would like to see their business disappear.

I think they're geniuses.  I would love to see this weeks sales compared to last weeks.

Exactly!  It isn't just one side "calling out" the other.  Both extremes are prone to divisive drama.   Pot meet Kettle, you are both black.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This time round there certainly are the majority. Last time it was democratic people acting foolish. What is wrong with you people? Why are you such bloody drama queens?

Oh come on dude. What the are you playing now? Is this another only in America thing? 

I think they are dramatic whingers. It surprises me that people support such childish idiotic behaviour. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I would be interested to see how a court case of this would go.

I'd be interested too... not too sure it won't just fade off before it comes to that.

But it's kind of a sticky point, that voter info thing. Asking something like "IF you approve of Bidens 2A plans, if so we won't sell to you" is still within some clearer lines of if they can do that or not. Asking specifically about how someone voted might be the sticky point. 

Gromdor brought up the point of vote buying. As in a reward for voting, and there are laws for this. But this is more like vote refusal for sale. As in a punishment for voting, and I think the law in this is probably a lot fuzzier. 

We have a lot of laws about other things in relation to discrimination, or what's allowable or not.. what rights companies have as private entities and what shoppers have under those laws. But the point of sale being hung on what is very much a private and protected thing like voting is a bit new. 

There has been a thing going on for a while of vote with your dollars- spend where you approve, and boycott where you don't. As a customer choice rather than a seller request. A bit new for this is the shop openly opting to tell people to tell them how you vote, and they will allow you to spend or boycott you. 

I do hope this is just a PR that's short lived really. But it would be interesting to see how something like this would unfold in the courts and subsequent laws about it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

I'd be interested too... not too sure it won't just fade off before it comes to that.

But it's kind of a sticky point, that voter info thing. Asking something like "IF you approve of Bidens 2A plans, if so we won't sell to you" is still within some clearer lines of if they can do that or not. Asking specifically about how someone voted might be the sticky point. 

Gromdor brought up the point of vote buying. As in a reward for voting, and there are laws for this. But this is more like vote refusal for sale. As in a punishment for voting, and I think the law in this is probably a lot fuzzier. 

We have a lot of laws about other things in relation to discrimination, or what's allowable or not.. what rights companies have as private entities and what shoppers have under those laws. But the point of sale being hung on what is very much a private and protected thing like voting is a bit new. 

There has been a thing going on for a while of vote with your dollars- spend where you approve, and boycott where you don't. As a customer choice rather than a seller request. A bit new for this is the shop openly opting to tell people to tell them how you vote, and they will allow you to spend or boycott you. 

I do hope this is just a PR that's short lived really. But it would be interesting to see how something like this would unfold in the courts and subsequent laws about it. 

I'm curious if it would fall under similar rulings to the wedding cake people refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm curious if it would fall under similar rulings to the wedding cake people refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple. 

no it would not, political beliefs are not protected by civil rights, sexual orientation is.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Sorry to double post but.. you got some source for that statement?

Sounds like so far from the news and looking at their site, they haven't said anything about Trump, support or not. The are very much against Bidens 2A plans- and it might not even be if it were Biden or not specifically- just that he's the guy that ran the platform they oppose. As in if some person named Pat Jones got the seat with that plan, they would be just as much "if you voted for Pat Jones"... 

I can understand an assumption of if they are against that 2A thing that Biden has going on, that must mean they are Trump supporters. There has been a lot of division of one side or another- if one name is given, it must also mean against the other. 

And still think they playing the PR. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

This time round there certainly are the majority. Last time it was democratic people acting foolish. What is wrong with you people? Why are you such bloody drama queens?

It's both and has been for a while, even before trump

Oh come on dude. What the are you playing now? Is this another only in America thing? 

No, Joe Biden does back gun control including limiting the amount of ammo a person can own

I think they are dramatic whingers. It surprises me that people support such childish idiotic behaviour. 

You can't see how this stunt has drawn attention to their business?  $$$$$$$

Probably the best bit of advertising any ammunition dealer ever had.

12 minutes ago, rashore said:

Sometimes it is the only vote we have in the U.S. since our politicians are allowed to take big money from corporate "sponsors" who expect votes to go their way, and they often do.  A good example of that is the "Obama care" legislation.   The only reason it finally passed is because of extra stuff added AND the clause that had been in from the beginning that the insurance companies could not raise the rates of their current customers being deleted.   It has wrought havoc for the small business owners that have to pay three times what they used to for individual insurance.

since November gun stores do not need any advertising, guns and ammo are sold as fast as it brought in,  there is just no need for any pr stunts, or draw anymore attention to those businesses, none whatsoever. demand is not an issue, supply is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't imagine anyone having trouble selling ammo right now. We are having a very difficult time finding it. Lines are around the buildings to buy as soon as it comes in. It sells out that day. That is in the five states my husband usually works in too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

since November gun stores do not need any advertising, guns and ammo are sold as fast as it brought in,  there is just no need for any pr stunts, or draw anymore attention to those businesses, none whatsoever. demand is not an issue, supply is. 

It started from the Covid pandemic. There were lines out the store back in March.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

It started from the Covid pandemic. There were lines out the store back in March.

Actually, it started with all of the protests that police were told to stand down against.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Actually, it started with all of the protests that police were told to stand down against.

All I know is a couple days after the lockdown was annouced in my state I went to buy ammo and there was a line out the door and around the corner lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rashore said:

Sorry to double post but.. you got some source for that statement?

Sounds like so far from the news and looking at their site, they haven't said anything about Trump, support or not. The are very much against Bidens 2A plans- and it might not even be if it were Biden or not specifically- just that he's the guy that ran the platform they oppose. As in if some person named Pat Jones got the seat with that plan, they would be just as much "if you voted for Pat Jones"... 

I can understand an assumption of if they are against that 2A thing that Biden has going on, that must mean they are Trump supporters. There has been a lot of division of one side or another- if one name is given, it must also mean against the other. 

And still think they playing the PR. 

The Jack Posobiec connection. He is a MAGA proponent and right behind this.

How is it not obvious? When people have problems with laws, they gather signatures for a petition to challenge the ruling. This action has singled out Biden, not Democratic policy. It's personal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

All I know is a couple days after the lockdown was annouced in my state I went to buy ammo and there was a line out the door and around the corner lol

Let's call it the perfect storm. lol

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's both and has been for a while, even before trump

It's worse than ever. 

No, Joe Biden does back gun control including limiting the amount of ammo a person can own

Joe Biden can't personally make that decision. 

You can't see how this stunt has drawn attention to their business?  $$$$$$$

Probably the best bit of advertising any ammunition dealer ever had.

That's what I find distasteful. That people are lapping up more divisiveness rather than boycott those who want trouble.

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The Jack Posobiec connection. He is a MAGA proponent and right behind this.

How is it not obvious? When people have problems with laws, they gather signatures for a petition to challenge the ruling. This action has singled out Biden, not Democratic policy. It's personal. 

Again, sources for connections there please. How is Jack and MAGA tied into this particular company? 

I know you can do good sourcing and back up commentary like this, I've seen it in the past. Tie it in please. 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

why dwell on trump he had his chance and blew it in a big way and the America people voted him out but its not a reach to imagine some trump supporters in a glaring show of sour grapes and sore losership would attack biden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked