Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost bride' caught on home cam

Eldorado

A couple were stunned after catching a blonde 'ghost bride' on their motion-activated CCTV cameras.

Darren Pallister, 27, 'nearly fell out of bed' when he checked his motion-activated cameras at around 3am one day and found the footage of a spooky silhouette moving around just after midnight. 

He and his fiancée Jessica Mason, also 27, said they felt 'there was something there' in their home in Aintree, Merseyside.

Miss Mason was asleep when the cameras - set up to view their French Bulldogs - captured the ghoulish figure at 12.34am on January 2, Mr Pallister said.

Full story at MSN: Link

And at the UK Mail: Link

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Papameter to the rescue of the interested

Paranormal 70%    Pareidolia   20%      Hoax 10%

Factors: orbs, feelings, smells also

• Haha 1

The alleged ghost girl uses heavy eye and eye brow make up just like the living fiancée who might have been caught on cam trying on a dress?...never, it must be a ghost girl who happens to look like the fiancée thats far more likely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm always suspicious when the ghost spotter is middle class and well groomed.  I'm more inclined to believe ghost spotters that look like your average joe.

An example of your average joe.  How many ghosts did they see?

henf.png

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Haha 5

Wonder why they did not upload the video.  Does make me think it may show something other than what they are trying portray 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

Wonder why they did not upload the video.  Does make me think it may show something other than what they are trying portray 

I wondered about that too, but maybe the device only gives motion activated still shots. 

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I wondered about that too, but maybe the device only gives motion activated still shots. 

I did consider that but then how on earth did they come up with "Ghost bride" based on just that picture?  If there are more pictures then surely it would have been better to post them all.

3 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I did consider that but then how on earth did they come up with "Ghost bride" based on just that picture?  If there are more pictures then surely it would have been better to post them all.

The couple was also experiencing orbs, feelings, smells, etcetera but those things can't be displayed over the internet for public consumption like a photo. It's just what video evidence they have that makes it of internet interest. It's possible the still image was captured from a longer video in which case I agree that I would like to see more.

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The couple was also experiencing orbs, feelings, smells, etcetera but those things can't be displayed over the internet for public consumption like a photo. It's just what video evidence they have that makes it of internet interest. It's possible the still image was captured from a longer video in which case I agree that I would like to see more.

I personally have no interest in orbs as most of the time they are dust, insects etc and we all have times when we feel we are being watched or have feelings that are strange to us.  I can't have the curtains open after dark as I constantly feel that I am being watched I know I'm not but it doesn't stop the feelings.  For me the only thing of interest is the video/pictures and at the moment for me they are not really that impressive.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I personally have no interest in orbs as most of the time they are dust, insects etc and we all have times when we feel we are being watched or have feelings that are strange to us.  

First of all I have come to think orbs are reported more prevalently in cases where the paranormal is suspected for other incident. Seems an odd correlation to be all coincidence.

4 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

For me the only thing of interest is the video/pictures and at the moment for me they are not really that impressive.  

I found that photo quite impressive myself.

• Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

First of all I have come to think orbs are reported more prevalently in cases where the paranormal is suspected for other incident. Seems an odd correlation to be all coincidence.

I found that photo quite impressive myself.

I have seen plenty of 'orbs' in videos myself or friends/family have taken where there has been no paranormal experiences.  I am happy that at least one of us got something from it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like the same woman to me, but blurry. Maybe she sleep walked that night. Not impressed.

Really sick of people who don't know the difference between actual photo detail and blurry smudges.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Have one of these little ''spy'' camera and sometimes... it takes pictures and process them later because the electronic is a pile of crap...making the time totally off on a bunch of pictures...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Have one of these little ''spy'' camera and sometimes... it takes pictures and process them later because the electronic is a pile of crap...making the time totally off on a bunch of pictures...

Yeah, there's that too. Delayed reporting is a thing that happens, often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Easy..."fiancée" is trying on dresses so of course a ghost there just happened to be engaged too, they didnt include the other pix as they showed too much of the fiancée to post public and or showed it was just a fitting section.

Things like smells in a house mean nothing paranormal as smells drift in the air and orbs? Not once has an orb been proven paranormal.

• Like 4

The whole thing looks faked.  A motion detector camera doesn't cause everything in the room to be blurred...it looks as if the camera was moving...

and then there is this at the bottom of the picture:

kennedy.jpg.83b377e3c00d3d7683d6e4046af76281.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

They sold it to Kennedy News and Media.  

Everything in that news story is a creation of someone else...except the photo...or video if there is one.  It is all to sell some papers...

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, joc said:

They sold it to Kennedy News and Media.  

Everything in that news story is a creation of someone else...except the photo...or video if there is one.  It is all to sell some papers...

They sold it to the paper? How much did they get?

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

They sold it to the paper? How much did they get?

That doesnt matter at all.

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

That doesnt matter at all.

Sure it does. It’s being insinuated that this was a money making scam. If we know nothing of the details of said scam, how can we know that theory holds any water? 

If it turns out they didn’t sell that picture, didn’t make any money off this story, than that accusation is slander. 

Now I’d never just accuse joc of slander. In fact I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed for the moment he did know the details of this scandalous arrangement. 

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Sure it does. It’s being insinuated that this was a money making scam. If we know nothing of the details of said scam, how can we know that theory holds any water? 

If it turns out they didn’t sell that picture, didn’t make any money off this story, than that accusation is slander. 

Now I’d never just accuse joc of slander. In fact I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed for the moment he did know the details of this scandalous arrangement. 

Are you trying to slander joc? He posted his "opinion". His speculation.

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Are you trying to slander joc? He posted his "opinion". His speculation.

He didn’t say anything about an opinion. Who are you quoting? He directly said That they sold the picture. Stated it as a matter of fact. 

He didn’t end it there either. Assumed all kinds of things, stated as fact. 

Whatever, never mind. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

He didn’t say anything about an opinion. Who are you quoting? He directly said That they sold the picture. Stated it as a matter of fact. 

He didn’t end it there either. Assumed all kinds of things, stated as fact. 

Whatever, never mind. 

On a net forum especially one with topics like this one a person really should use common sense when reading posts.

I took it as his opinion and nothing malicious about it,  however since a news source type thing did watermark the pic then i wouldnt be at all surprised if there was an exchange of $$$, so what? I see a lot of people who post alleged paranormal events for the attention is that slanderous too?

Its no big deal, no need to get wound up about what people post on forums, relax, break out your trance machine...:tu:

Edited by Saru
Fixed typo
  • Like 1