Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dharmic Life compared to Atheistic Belief

Crazy Horse

1 minute ago, rashore said:

I believe in chance... and I don't think it's a reasonable outcome to assume atheists are negatively affected because of where they fall on the belief spectrum. I know folks all over the spectrum, from full on fervent into the big G, other's with other monotheistic deities, others with other pantheons or just agnostic heathens, Satanists and atheists, folks that say they worship a deity and really worship things like money, entertainment, politics, society climbing, career goals... 

Atheists don't seem to have much more negativity because they don't believe in deities than folks that do believe in deities. They just handle their negativity without a deity system as a required framework. They handle their positivity and everything else without needing a deity system either. 

Some folks need/believe in deities, some don't need/believe in deities. 

There are plenty of folks from all walks of life who are ignorant of this Dharmic Path.

Theists, agnostic, atheistic..

All coping the best they can to varying degrees along this spectrum. 

Some of these folks will understand natural law, and the dharmic path quite naturally, and therefore have a much better time of it. Yet an atheist, who has no belief in GOD, is set at a disadvantage immediately, and shall never even look for answers outside the material.

Yet, when one knows, realises, and manifest this law of cause and effect, then one is no longer beholden to chance.

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

True that, but for us philosophical types the acceptance of the Dharmic Way over the atheist-materialist outlook requires some evidence. A philosophical person will not have true inner peace on the subject if he feels he is lying to himself (about GOD and spirituality) if he is not intellectually convinced. 

For me it is the evidence from the paranormal that led me to a grander view of reality than is recognized in the atheistic-materialist view. I accept generally what you call the Dharmic Way intellectually from my cumulative studies.

Yes, that makes sense.

Holding an idea of GOD within ones mind, feeling THIS presence within ones heart, shall move one closer to GOD, and the Attributes of GOD. 

And it is along this approach, that ones gets to know GOD for themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, that makes sense.

Holding an idea of GOD within ones mind, feeling THIS presence within ones heart, shall move one closer to GOD, and the Attributes of GOD. 

God being a mental construct based upon belief. 

14 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

False. 

(see how easy it is to just declare things when you don't have to back anything up?)

Just using the word "false" is meaningless.

Why was that statement false?

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This isn't a discussion, it's preaching.

I'm kind of starting to agree with you... preaching GOD, and bashing all else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This isn't a discussion, it's preaching.

No preaching, just a rendering of what is, and what isn't.

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

That's the way it looks. More about "spiritual elitism", rather than discussing why something is right/wrong. I see now why there have been issue. A very narrow and dogmatic reality tunnel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, that makes sense.

In my Advaita (non-dual=God and creation are not-two) philosophical view God/Consciousness/Atman is the animating force in all life. It is the mind that tends to make things separate. Getting the mind to work in harmony with the philosophy is the key to happiness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No preaching, just a rendering of what is, and what isn't.

According to you and only you. Placing judgment on others who do not conform to your beliefs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Stating facts is not bashing anyone.

Using reason is not preaching GOD.

We have been discussing the Atheist Belief, compared to the Dharmic Life.

There is no aggression by anyone, and there has been a careful consideration of everything that has been said, and an honest reply.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Just using the word "false" is meaningless.

Then you totally understand the point of my response.  In exactly the same way just saying "If one believes in chance, then one is disempowered." is meaningless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

According to you and only you. Placing judgment on others who do not conform to your beliefs.

There has been no judgment on my part.

One is free to believe what one wants, (how about that for non-judgement?) but I am free to examine those beliefs and come to my own conclusions.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

There has been no judgment on my part.

One is free to believe what one wants, (how about that for non-judgement?) but I am free to examine those beliefs and come to my own conclusions.

Then express those conclusions as other people/beliefs being wrong.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

In my Advaita (non-dual=God and creation are not-two) philosophical view God/Consciousness/Atman is the animating force in all life. It is the mind that tends to make things separate. Getting the mind to work in harmony with the philosophy is the key to happiness.

Yes, the mind working within a good philosophy, shall lead all of ones actions to greater heights and knowledge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Stating facts is not bashing anyone.

Using reason is not preaching GOD.

We have been discussing the Atheist Belief, compared to the Dharmic Life.

There is no aggression by anyone, and there has been a careful consideration of everything that has been said, and an honest reply.

Calling out all atheists as negative, disadvantaged, and ignorant because they don't follow your belief set is bashing. Calling out everyone that isn't into your GOD notions is judgmental on all those people you do that to. 

You got your path, and good for you on it... but using your beliefs to disparage others not of your belief is just :td:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Then express those conclusions as other people/beliefs being wrong.

Wrong is your word.

Unhelpful is my word..

Do you want to get this thread shut-down?

Just now, rashore said:

Calling out all atheists as negative, disadvantaged, and ignorant because they don't follow your belief set is bashing. Calling out everyone that isn't into your GOD notions is judgmental on all those people you do that to. 

You got your path, and good for you on it... but using your beliefs to disparage others not of your belief is just :td:

It was the Atheistic Belief that I called out..

And we have discussed that.

Disparage is your word, helping and insightful would be mine.

24 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Wrong is your word.

Unhelpful is my word..

Do you want to get this thread shut-down?

Do I want to get the thread shut down? You're doing a good job on that by yourself. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

In another thread you were discussing humility and compassion, so how's that going. I don't see it here.

• Like 3

Not taking your bait, Mr. Horse. 

Are you actually interested in a discussion? The way in which you frame your points and questions seem to me somewhat incendiary. 

A cheap attempt to goad people into arguments, if you will.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Calling out a whole belief system and the people that have that belief system as "hopelessness and depression", " depressive and despondent state of mind.", "no longer in control", " cannot lead one to great satisfaction, nor to full enjoinment", "every atheist shall be affected negatively ", ignorant and disadvantaged is not helpful or insightful... it's disparaging a whole lot of folks based on your judgement on how you view your own personal beliefs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Calling out a whole belief system and the people that have that belief system as "hopelessness and depression", " depressive and despondent state of mind.", "no longer in control", " cannot lead one to great satisfaction, nor to full enjoinment", "every atheist shall be affected negatively ", ignorant and disadvantaged is not helpful or insightful... it's disparaging a whole lot of folks based on your judgement on how you view your own personal beliefs. 

This thread is called, "Dharmic Life Compared to Atheistic Belief. (Cause and Effect)

Discerning and discussing both beliefs systems, and pointing out the consequences of both belief systems is "A" not preaching, "B" is not disparaging.

Everyone is free to disagree with any points made.

And there has been no reference, and therefore no discursive or disparaging comments to any particular poster.

These are the "Spirituality Vs Scepticism boards, and so there are bound to be disagreements, but nothing personal has been said by anyone. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

This thread is called, "Dharmic Life Compared to Atheistic Belief. (Cause and Effect)

Discerning and discussing both beliefs systems, and pointing out the consequences of both belief systems is "A" not preaching, "B" is not disparaging.

And there has been no reference, and therefore no discursive or disparaging comments to any particular poster.

These are the "Spirituality Vs Scepticism boards, and so there are bound to be disagreements, but nothing personal has been said by anyone. 

Since you have only pointed out how wonderful your Dharmic system is , and how awful the Atheists system is... yeah, you are preaching your beliefs as great, and disparaging another as not. 

How about trying to disparage the Dharmic system, and point out the benefits of the Atheist system... can you do that? Or perhaps just not discuss Atheism in a negative manner at all? Or maybe discuss and not preach your belief system, and just leave other belief systems out of it? All you are doing so far is preaching on how great your beliefs are, and how terrible other beliefs- specifically Atheists- are for not being yours. As it is, sounds like the Dharmic life is a platform of spiritual elitism used to look down upon others not on your path. 

BTW, there are atheists in this forum, so by slagging their beliefs you are slagging them. Just like when people bash Christianity with the whole "I don't mind the Christians, it's their belief system I'm slagging", or bash Satanists with "from my other religion perspective which is right, they are (insert disparaging term here)" types of commentary. 

If you are going to keep on preaching it for your team, and bashing down the other side... that's not a debate or a discussion, that's just the sort of thing that gets threads shut down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You aren't 'discussing' you are 'declaring', which is why it comes off as preaching.  I don't mind you bashing atheism as long as you can back it up.  If the only thing you can back it up with is your mere opinion, then it invites other mere opinions like, "Dharmic life is a security blanket needed by the emotionally immature who find their lives unsatisfying.", which make for an ugly (and short-lived) thread with no actual discussion.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked