Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry & Meghan won't return to royal family

Still Waters

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have told the Queen they will not return as working members of the Royal Family, Buckingham Palace says.

A statement said the royals were "saddened by their decision" but that Harry and Meghan "remain much loved members of the family".

Honorary military appointments and royal patronages held by the couple - such as Harry's affiliation with the Royal Marines - will be returned to the Queen and "redistributed among working members of The Royal Family".

Sky's royal correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, says there appear to have been "tense discussions" behind the scenes and that the couple "don't sound happy" in their latest statement.

https://news.sky.com/story/duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-will-not-return-as-working-members-of-royal-family-12222693

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Strip them if their titles.  They are manipulative and say anything about anyone to stay relevant.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There are rules to this game we are in.   They know they have to do a runner once the people find out how the system works.  

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

When she dumps him, he'll be back.

Her first marriage lasted 2 years, and this one nearly 3, so I imagine she is already getting itchy feet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, acute said:

I imagine she is already getting itchy feet.

Go and give her a scratch, g'wan... You know you wanna... 

~

• Haha 2

Considering they claim to want privacy, they've been very public lately and there's more to come.

The pair, who said they would remained committed to their service to Britain, will break their silence on the royal split -- cast by British newspapers as "Megxit" -- in an interview with Oprah Winfrey next month.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/harry-meghan-final-split-british-121409704.html

I wouldn't mind watching that interview if I can.

• Like 4

I know they just announced Meghan's pregnancy and Harry did an interview with James Corden. I gotta say, I love Harry's sense of humor. Here's the full interview.

• Like 1

Buckingham Palace says it will investigate allegations Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, bullied staff during her time as a royal in London.

It comes after The Times newspaper reported on Tuesday that Meghan had faced a bullying complaint from a close adviser during her time living at Kensington Palace with Prince Harry.

MSN

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Buckingham Palace says it will investigate allegations Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, bullied staff during her time as a royal in London.

It comes after The Times newspaper reported on Tuesday that Meghan had faced a bullying complaint from a close adviser during her time living at Kensington Palace with Prince Harry.

MSN

Maybe she should consult ellen degenerate for advice.

• Haha 3

I did watch the interview. Here's some discussion points that the NYT put online. It seems to still be updating. Make sure to click on the Key Update links.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/07/world/meghan-harry-oprah-interview

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I wish him a lotta luck, Prince Harry,  cause he's gonna need it"

Edited by President-Elect Acidhead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

It's all the news over here this morning too.

• Like 2

I chose not to watch it.  Flipped to it during a commercial of the show I was watching.   Seemed like just a tabloid show.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

If you marry someone from a different continent then at least one of you is gonna end up homesick.

(The economy trashed, millions unable to work and 120,000 old-age pensioners dead... yet this cheap & nasty soap-opera is front-page news in Britain! I can understand the interest, but headline news?  Gimme a break, MSM!!!!.)

Read the headlines from the interview - seems like a bit of a damp squid - There are loads of reaction pieces all over the place (TV, Newspapers) - maybe these were scheduled before the interview, the interview itself probably deserved a quiet mention in the 'society' pages a few newspapers used to have. As it is Boris Johnson is going to give us his pearls of wisdom on it at 4pm - really!!!!

Racism seems to have been the biggest Newsline catcher - but its hardly something new in the context. Yes it needs to highlighted, investigated and stamped out, but does this interview merit wall to wall 24hour coverage?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4

Meghan and Harry’s Oprah interview: why British media coverage could backfire

https://theconversation.com/meghan-and-harrys-oprah-interview-why-british-media-coverage-could-backfire-156424

I haven't watched it yet. I'm trying not to read too much about it beforehand.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Read the headlines from the interview - seems like a bit of a damp squid - There are loads of reaction pieces all over the place (TV, Newspapers) - maybe these were scheduled before the interview, the interview itself probably deserved a quiet mention in the 'society' pages a few newspapers used to have. As it is Boris Johnson is going to give us his pearls of wisdom on it at 4pm - really!!!!

Racism seems to have been the biggest Newsline catcher - but its hardly something new in the context. Yes it needs to highlighted, investigated and stamped out, but does this interview merit wall to wall 24hour coverage?

"damp squid" :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Do we really care what "Hostage Taker" Markle thinks or says? Harry... suffering from Stockholm Syndrome IMO.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Do we really care what "Hostage Taker" Markle thinks or says? Harry... suffering from Stockholm Syndrome IMO.

I don't really take a side at all.   It was pretty obvious that the Royals wouldn't accept Megan and she wouldn't accept them.  

• Like 2

Having read articles from the beginning, the RF bent over backwards to welcome her.  She was invited for Christmas when every other child/grandchild's intended had to wait until marriage to get the invitation.   Harry stated what Meghan wants, Meghan gets...then she had a tizzy because the queen refused her the tiara she wanted for her wedding.   I did see a few comments about her ethnicity, but the majority were excited Harry finally found someone,  then her demands and tantrums started up...

As to fleeing Canada I made sure I signed the petition to not pay for their security.  Screw that!  We have children not having breakfast, they could pay for their own security

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't really take a side at all.   It was pretty obvious that the Royals wouldn't accept Megan and she wouldn't accept them.  

Only The Queen and Prince Philip did accept her though, has Megan says The Queen was welcoming 

• Like 1

They got married in secret 3 days before their official wedding.  What was the reason for their secret wedding?  I guess randy Harry couldn't wait for the honeymoon?

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 2