Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry & Meghan won't return to royal family

Still Waters

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Wow. Mini Me. She's playing up to Harry's feelings about his mom. 

Kinda gross, though.   I wouldn't want my husband reminded of his mother when we were getting romantic.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Kinda gross, though.   I wouldn't want my husband reminded of his mother when we were getting romantic.

I don't think it's really good for Harry either. He has a deep psychological scar from the loss of his mother. That's why he was in therapy for all the years he was. A 9 yr old boy had the mother he adored ripped from him in such a public way. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't think it's really good for Harry either. He has a deep psychological scar from the loss of his mother. That's why he was in therapy for all the years he was. A 9 yr old boy had the mother he adored ripped from him in such a public way. 

In the classic TV drama 'Upstairs Downstairs' the main character James Bellamy loses his mother in the Titanic disaster, and for the rest of his life he looks for a wife that will remind him of the mother he lost.  A quote from one dinner guest to another - "It is quite obvious if you had read Dr. Freud that dear James has got a mother fixation.  When he lost his mother he had to find a replacement."

I recall Dr. Freud said something about men who have a condition that makes them subconsciously want to sleep with their mother and kill their father, and that love / hate instinct can manifest in the real world e.g. Harry hating his father and loving Meghan who he see's as his mother.  His war service (and possibly drug use) may have given him phycological emotional fits of rage and suspicion which Meghan has exploited to her own advantage.  I can picture her phoning a friend and saying - "I've got him wrapped around my little finger."

I expect she will publish a string of books for attention and money, and when she gets bored with Harry and wants to move on she will claim he is a drunk and a violent brute, followed by a bitter custody battle for the kids, and then Harry will return home in time for King William's coronation.

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, susieice said:

You are correct. Meghan talked to Oprah for at least the first half of the program and remained when Harry came out. She did leave it to Harry to tell us that the new baby will be a girl. There are 115 minutes of the interview that weren't aired and I haven't seen it. I don't know what happened there.

I believe these interviews are well rehearsed, questions are known and answers are well crafted, none of them are on the spot question or honest answers. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kartikg said:

I believe these interviews are well rehearsed, questions are known and answers are well crafted, none of them are on the spot question or honest answers. 

The camera angle kept cutting in and out between questions and answers with deceptive editing which very likely had edited out all blunders, stutters, hesitations, doubt, and when they stumble over their own words.  They also probably took multiple takes of the same question and answer being said again and again until they got the shot they were most happy with.  I noticed when Harry spoke they showed Meghan's reaction, but the editor made the mistake of showing the exact same reaction they had used in a previous question.  Also when Meghan cries they had to zoom in because she likely was pinching her nails into her skin and doing whatever technique that actors do to cry on camera.  She probably rehearsed her performance in front a mirror the night before with Harry outside the bathroom thinking she is genuinely unhappy.  Well, he did have the stupidity to dress up as a Nazi at a public venue, and strip naked by an LA pool without thinking of how it would look back home.  So I expect he just doesn't have the common sense to know that Meghan can play him like a fool.  I wonder what her 'real' reaction was when she saw this splashed in American papers and news channels.  Did she not even google Harry's profile to see if he had previous relationships - of course she did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Harry has always had his own issues. I'll never be able to believe that he couldn't get Meghan help if she was really telling him she felt suicidal. William and Kate could have helped. I've heard now there were at least 5 mental health charities that they are the patrons of. She said everything was taken from her, like her driver's license and passport, etc, and she was alone and isolated like they locked her up in the Tower of London. I just don't believe this. She said she couldn't call an uber. No, but where was your husband? I'm just having a hard time buying this whole thing. It doesn't seem to me that Harry did a lot to help Meghan adjust. Not like William did for Kate, who is doing very well.

When the Bishop Meghan mentioned was questioned, their secretary denied a previous wedding had ever taken place 3 days before the wedding we all saw.

Meghan didn't seem to have a good recall of the conversation in which they said someone asked about the baby's skin color. Harry came out and said it occurred before their wedding. Meghan said it was during her pregnancy.

Too many discrepancies and questions in my mind.

I googled Harry's previous relationships and they all left for various reasons. 

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/g14383928/prince-harry-ex-girlfriends-dating-history-relationships/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, susieice said:

Too many discrepancies and questions in my mind.

My suspicion was right.  The identical same camera shot was used twice.

Harry talked about racism and Meghan turned sharply (for dramatic effect)

20 minutes later Harry talks about lack of security and the exact same camera shot was used again (for dramatic effect)

Her reaction to two separate questions are identical.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TigerBright19 said:

20 minutes later Harry talks about lack of security and the exact same camera shot was used again (for dramatic effect)

giphy.gif

If they are identical its possible the production crew reused the same footage. Which would be media manipulation of the real events.  

• Like 6

Yeah there’s loads that just doesn’t sit right.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some pompous idiot among the royals had speculated about skin colour, and if the context was racist then they should be exposed and face the music.

But at the same time, it’s normal to speculate about the features of an unborn child, and it is perfectly understandable for mixed race parents or family to wonder about the lightness or darkness of skin colour, I certainly did when my wife was pregnant (She has some Middle Eastern heritage).  What’s missing is context, not helped by Harry refusing to talk about it.

Add into all that, the comments are absolutely spot on about mental health support.  I mean are we to believe that being part of the royal family excludes you from any form of support?  And jeez, She must have a phone right?  I mean she’s married into almost unlimited resources.

I think, and this is purely my own speculation, she thought it would be a high life, being a socialite and connected spending days at tea parties and not having such a gruelling agenda doing charity work.  I think Kate probably set her straight on a few of those things which is why they didn’t get on.

what I don’t understand is how Harry can turn against his own family so spectacularly, and why he would agree to do the Oprah interview.  I mean either he is really really totally blindly in love with her or...What?

• Like 5

I keep thinking more about that interview. Correct me if I'm wrong. Meghan and Harry wanted to leave Kensington Palace and the Queen had Frogmore Cottage redone for them. Didn't Meghan spend millions of dollars...or pounds...redecorating Frogmore Cottage to the way she wanted it? Studying the paint color strips and the fabric swathes for the carpets and the drapes? Choosing the furniture? Adding the Orangeries she wanted? This is where she spent her pregnancy, isn't it? Yet in that interview, she says she wasn't allowed to drive or go anywhere. That doesn't sound like confinement to me. Anyone else? She was well treated. They went through all that expense to make them happy and comfortable, and then they decided they didn't want to be working royals and were leaving. It's not all tea parties and state dinners. Royals work hard. I don't blame the Queen for saying they had to pay that back. 

The more I think about it, the more phony that interview seems. How can you seriously believe anything they said? And the US press is running with every word they said without using any brains at all. Did they not report on all this stuff for the last 4 years? 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, susieice said:

I keep thinking more about that interview. Correct me if I'm wrong. Meghan and Harry wanted to leave Kensington Palace and the Queen had Frogmore Cottage redone for them. Didn't Meghan spend millions of dollars...or pounds...redecorating Frogmore Cottage to the way she wanted it? Studying the paint color strips and the fabric swathes for the carpets and curtains? Choosing the furniture? Adding the Orangeries she wanted? This is where she spent her pregnancy, isn't it? Yet in that interview, she says she wasn't allowed to drive or go anywhere. That doesn't sound like confinement to me. Anyone else? She was well treated.

You are correct £3 million + spent on renovation, and at the time the couple had said they would repay the money

Article about it here

I can imagine life being quite restricted in their position being so well known and so senior within the royal family there would have been security concerns and all sorts it doesn’t surprise me she was not allowed to go driving etc.  Not unusual for people in their positions.  But surely she would have known all this?  Surely Harry would have made sure she was ready to take on such a life?

• Like 3

Today's article in the Mail confirms the media was racist. I've known that this particular word was sensitive in the US for at least 10 years , I simply don't believe a journalist wouldn't know- of course they would. And there was no reason to use that word except to cause offence or raise a laugh. The Mail doesn't normally use it in headlines at all: American Vogue claims word 'niggling' in Meghan Markle headline is a racist insult | Daily Mail Online

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, TigerBright19 said:

More like Wallis and Edward.

meghanwa.png

meghanwa2.png

wow - that bottom one - surely the similarities can't be coincidental... and so what is the message...?

I heard a funny comment about Meghan's blouse.... 'I didn't realize they had such huge seagulls in California...'... :) 

Getting back to what Meghan could be up to.... the more I think about it the more it looks like she could be spearheading nothing less than bringing down the Royal Family - (time will tell) 

Here's another interesting little tidbit ---- Hillary Clinton went to visit Meghan at Frogmore Cottage late in 2019...

random article about Clintons visit to Frogmore Cottage (Elle)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

giphy.gif

She's a professional actress. I imagine it would be hard for her not to be aware of all sorts of cues and ploys when in front of a camera. Don't suppose she is like it all the time tho.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Grey Area said:

But at the same time, it’s normal to speculate about the features of an unborn child, and it is perfectly understandable for mixed race parents or family to wonder about the lightness or darkness of skin colour, I certainly did when my wife was pregnant (She has some Middle Eastern heritage).  What’s missing is context, not helped by Harry refusing to talk about it.

Add into all that, the comments are absolutely spot on about mental health support.  I mean are we to believe that being part of the royal family excludes you from any form of support?  And jeez, She must have a phone right?  I mean she’s married into almost unlimited resources.

I think, and this is purely my own speculation, she thought it would be a high life, being a socialite and connected spending days at tea parties and not having such a gruelling agenda doing charity work.  I think Kate probably set her straight on a few of those things which is why they didn’t get on.

All spot on. I believe there was a certain amount of "disquiet" over Meghan in the first place. Quite a few reasons why she wasn't, shall we say,100% acceptable to the gentry- American, an actress, had had previous relationships (I was told Diana was expected to be, well, perhaps what she wasn't), and then that other thing, that the press described as "niggling doubts" about her acceptability.

I agree, she could have had virtually unlimited support for mental health issues.

And the prospect of her future life in the UK probably looked boring.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Yeah there’s loads that just doesn’t sit right.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some pompous idiot among the royals had speculated about skin colour, and if the context was racist then they should be exposed and face the music.

what I don’t understand is how Harry can turn against his own family so spectacularly, and why he would agree to do the Oprah interview.  I mean either he is really really totally blindly in love with her or...What?

or perhaps the family really is racist and have been giving him and Mehgan a hard time.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

or perhaps the family really is racist and have been giving him and Mehgan a hard time.  

Absolutely it’s possible, given that we know quite a few of the family members are scum, it is indeed entirely possible.

If that is the case then Meghan is away and safe now and under the protection of queen Winfrey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Absolutely it’s possible, given that we know quite a few of the family members are scum, it is indeed entirely possible.

If that is the case then Meghan is away and safe now and under the protection of queen Winfrey.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out anything.   

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

Meghan isn't even a first. And these two were actually Queens.

https://aaregistry.org/story/englands-first-black-queen-sophie-charlotte-born/?fbclid=IwAR2S6ZcVlGUfcN8ALBcUf__q7khOq2tNS4WRAdQ7UuvQxUu89muOq8rDOV0

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Thanks.  Interesting read.  

It doesn't mean that the royal family is not racist.  It does show how rare it is for a colored person to be in the position though.  It's been 275 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

Thanks.  Interesting read.  

It doesn't mean that the royal family is not racist.  It does show how rare it is for a colored person to be in the position though.  It's been 275 years. 

You're just buying what's being said without questioning the discrepancies in the interview.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

You're just buying what's being said without questioning the discrepancies in the interview.

I didn't watch it but I've noticed the vast majority have rallied against Mehgan so I thought I would take the other side.    Some people seem offended that anyone would infer that the royal family could have racist members.    

• Like 2

I could post a list of all prince phillip's racist quotes..but it would probably break the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

I could post a list of all prince phillip's racist quotes..but it would probably break the internet.

Yeah I was quite surprised that Phillip wasn’t exposed as the one that had made the comment.

• Like 2