Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Harry & Meghan won't return to royal family

206 posts in this topic

susieice
23 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Acted any better than who?

The people she's accusing of ill treating her El. I really think she had an attitude from the start. Life as a Royal wasn't what she thought it would be. It wasn't going to be all about her and it's not all garden parties and tiaras at state dinners. She was where her rank put her just like Harry is. As an American, I'm sure she didn't understand the protocols and the duties of the British Monarchy as we have nothing over here in comparison to it but it doesn't seem she made any attempt to learn and adjust. It was a choice she willingly made. No one held a gun to her head and said she had to take on a Prince and the life that entailed. I don't think she was as ill treated as she says because a lot of that interview was shown to be false. She did a lot of badmouthing of her own.

I also don't believe the Queen would tell her she was not wanted at Prince Philips' funeral. There probably are family members who wouldn't be falling all over her, but I don't think Harry was told not to bring her.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sir Wearer of Hats

I think most of Meghan’s fractuous relationship with the Old Firm and it’s hangers on retainers versus Kate’s seeming lack of it flows from the fact Kate was groomed for and prepared for the role of Queen in Waiting for years by the Palace whereas “whirlwind romance” Meghan and Harry meant she wasn’t fully prepared for how nasty and hard work it is to be a Royal. 
Charlie boy? William? Harry? All born to the purple. Kate? “NQOC, but we do need new blood.” and they’d learnt their lessons from Diana and Sarah on how to integrate people into the firm who aren’t already directly related to the family.

• Like 2

susieice
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think most of Meghan’s fractuous relationship with the Old Firm and it’s hangers on retainers versus Kate’s seeming lack of it flows from the fact Kate was groomed for and prepared for the role of Queen in Waiting for years by the Palace whereas “whirlwind romance” Meghan and Harry meant she wasn’t fully prepared for how nasty and hard work it is to be a Royal. 
Charlie boy? William? Harry? All born to the purple. Kate? “NQOC, but we do need new blood.” and they’d learnt their lessons from Diana and Sarah on how to integrate people into the firm who aren’t already directly related to the family.

I agree with this. Australia and even Canada are members of the British Commonwealth and have a relationship with the British Royal family. The United States on the other hand, has a lot of Disney princesses and Harry isn't a Disney movie prince. He came with very real royal protocols and obligations. In her interview she compared herself to Ariel in The Little Mermaid. That's not reality. Their romance was very fast paced and life isn't a fairy tale. You don't just kiss, get married and live happily ever after. You have real work and obligations. I don't think Harry did a lot to help her as she didn't even know she had to curtsy when she met the Queen at Prince Andrew's house until he told her in the car on the way there. Protocol isn't for public display. It's real 24/7. William did take a lot of time to prepare Kate for what was ahead of her. Harry and Meghan rushed into marriage. She wasn't ready for royal life. Her expectations were unrealistic.

I hope I said this right. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Eldorado

It's a soap opera.  Fans love it, most folk couldn't care less one way or t'other.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

itsnotoutthere
11 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Is it all her fault?

This is the same royal family that treated Diana, Princess of Wales like dog's dirt.

Well, from my point of view, anyone who plays the race card to attain victim Hood without any proof to back up the claim deserves to be viewed with suspicion, especially when that person is whiter than I am. She raised the spectre of racism some time ago with regard to the tabloids yet I seem to remember that the whole country including the tabloids (and me) were cheering the pair of them on the day and were wishing them nothing but happiness. This really started to go south when these two most privileged of people started to lecture the masses about their carbon footprints whilst they were quite happy to ignore their own.  The only hint of racism I can remember was when that idiot Danny Baker posted something on twitter and the tabloids jumped to her defence..... not seen or heard of him since. 

If somebody could post a link to anything racist that the tabloids printed at the time I'd be intrigued to see it. But to be clear, just being critical of her does not equate to being racist toward her. 

And I tend to think that in most respects Harry's behavior in all this has been worse. He has thrown his family including his brother under the bus for this woman, and I think he'll come to regret it when the divorce happens further down the road. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

stevewinn
1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, from my point of view, anyone who plays the race card to attain victim Hood without any proof to back up the claim deserves to be viewed with suspicion, especially when that person is whiter than I am. She raised the spectre of racism some time ago with regard to the tabloids yet I seem to remember that the whole country including the tabloids (and me) were cheering the pair of them on the day and were wishing them nothing but happiness. This really started to go south when these two most privileged of people started to lecture the masses about their carbon footprints whilst they were quite happy to ignore their own.  The only hint of racism I can remember was when that idiot Danny Baker posted something on twitter and the tabloids jumped to her defence..... not seen or heard of him since. 

If somebody could post a link to anything racist that the tabloids printed at the time I'd be intrigued to see it. But to be clear, just being critical of her does not equate to being racist toward her. 

And I tend to think that in most respects Harry's behavior in all this has been worse. He has thrown his family including his brother under the bus for this woman, and I think he'll come to regret it when the divorce happens further down the road. 

• Like 1