Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

oslove

I await with bated breath to read what message atheists care to tell mankind, so that mankind starting with myself will profit from it.

By atheists I include all humans who choose to not at least entertain any interest in God.

• Confused 3

@oslove do you have a message for mankind ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

You (in general) don't need to believe in a god to be a good person.

Hi Onlooker

And not everyone who believes in god is a good person thinking of Jim Jones and David Koresh as just 2 examples.

jmccr8

• Like 7

There is no God to save us so what we do matters.

If we **** everything up or make everything better it's all on us

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

"Don't be a ****. Sincerely, Atheists."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

“There’s probably no god, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.” - Jesus Christ 

Why attribute this to christ ? 

it was one of the slogans on the atheist bus campaign, not any words spoken by Christ. 

its a good motto for an atheist  but doesn't go to the Op   ie teaching mankind anything.

Humans worry about everything.

Religion is a response to one worry , evolved to alleviate the worry of death, grief, and loss. 

Thus  one must offer an alternative "therapy" for coping with these things,  rather than simply say not to worry, if one wants to teach humans how to be happier, and less worried .  

• Like 1

As to many of the other posts, the y are good points but dont really add anything to the positive messages within most religions 

Plus, some are, perhaps, dangerous/unhealthy 

The y promote a hedonistic/ material life which, as it turns out, is neither healthy, nor enough for happiness, for most humans. 

If  you   (generic) are serious about loving yourself and others, then perhaps you wont choose some of the behaviours which make you  happy but do you  harm,  or behaviours which enrich you,  but help keep others in poverty,  and destroy the world's ecosystems and habitats. 

While its not wrong to enjoy yourself, enjoyment which involves harm to self,  others, or to the environment, is not responsible or ethical.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

You (in general) don't need to believe in a god to be a good person.

#Truth

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, oslove said:

I await with bated breath to read what message atheists care to tell mankind, so that mankind starting with myself will profit from it.

By atheists I include all humans who choose to not at least entertain any interest in God.

What message are you looking for?  What do you feel mankind needs teaching?  

• Like 1

Gee it's interesting that one guy answers the OP honestly with good will and someone else tells him he is wrong and gives a spiel about nothing is not an atheist to whom the question was addressed to (atheists) and derailing the threads intent.

Edited to add

I am just trying to be mindful

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
added context
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, oslove said:

I’m half-atheist.  Here’s my advice.  Stop waiting for God to save you, and save yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, zep73 said:

Life is so much better without a mind prison. Belief will not save you, only limit you, and complicate the precious few years you get to live.

How does a belief in GOD limit one?

The "mind prison" is ignorance of truth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

How does a belief in GOD limit one?

The "mind prison" is ignorance of truth.

Hi Crazy Horse 

Thanks now give your atheist message as an atheist as that is who was asked to respond.

jmccr8

• Like 2